All State Team

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: All State Team

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:59 pm

Bulldogs wrote:
Indy5 wrote:That is absolutely ridiculous that Roemmich didn't at least get a second team selection. What is wrong with the media. You can't tell me that Grothman or Morey or Friesen are legitimately better than Trent Roemmich. IMO he's a top 5 player and there is no way you can say he's out of the top 15.

I don't disagree with your assessment of Roemmich. High energy and athletic. However, I don't feel too sorry for him as he and his team got a state title out of the deal.

Probably not the best idea to single out other players that you feel aren't as deserving. :( I don't believe they need to bear the brunt of your criticism. I've seen 2 of the 3 you mentioned play and I know they are deserving, both by their effort and talent.

I'm not saying they aren't deserving. I was just pointing out that Trent is better than all of them and he certainly deserves to be on this list. I could accept him not being a first teammer because there was a lot of terrific talent out there, but there is no way in the world you can rightfully keep him off of the second team at least. Again, I didn't mean any offense to the players I named, as they are all great players, Trent is just better and should have been selected.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby baller01 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey Trent, I'm sending this one straight out to you. I found out at the B that you didn't get it. I didn't say anything to you cause I didn't want to wreck your weekend. Don't hang our head over this. Not one bit. You probably should have got 2nd team over me last year but it doesn't matter. You have the one thing that does matter. A state championship. No media member can take that away from you.
Winning isn't everything--but wanting to win is. -Vince Lombardi
baller01
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby eagle » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:17 pm

What is the "reason" everyone is talking about that Roemich didn't make all-state?
eagle
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BIS84 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 pm

If you ever seen him play, you wouldn't have to ask!
BIS84
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:43 pm

I totally have lost all credibility with this site...
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

i think they were alot of kids who got screwed out of all state like roemich, Brown, Wolff, and probably a few others who were very deserving
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:30 pm

basketballers wrote:i think they were alot of kids who got screwed out of all state like roemich, Brown, Wolff, and probably a few others who were very deserving

Brown and Wolf were not all state players. Good stats don't tell the whole story. Both were pretty good players on not that good of teams so they scored the majority of their teams points. Put Kromosky on a below average team and his stats skyrocket. Same for most of the players on this list. I do think Chrest was a snub, but not nearly one to the extent of Roemmich. And Chrest has next year to make it, Trent doesn't.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:56 pm

Theres no way you can base there stats because of the type of team play they have. just imagine how well brown would play on a team with well rounded players and teams like center, standing rock, linton, and a few other teams dont get publicity for all state like kids around bismarck, dickinson or minot area.
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:05 pm

you do realize that the player doesnt play against his own team. you said that they both played for very weak teams but they still had to play against the other teams with tough players.Like First team singer, Second team Friesen and morry of dickinson and i do believe that brown got chased all season long and still averaged 22 points a game so dont say they scored so much because of the caliber of team they were on that has abosulutely nothing to do with it.
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:11 pm

Where would he rank in Region 5? 3rd at the max, And I'm sorry but this year was a down year for Region 5, except for the top 2 teams. So in my opinion he is not a snub.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:21 pm

basketballers wrote:you do realize that the player doesnt play against his own team. you said that they both played for very weak teams but they still had to play against the other teams with tough players.Like First team singer, Second team Friesen and morry of dickinson and i do believe that brown got chased all season long and still averaged 22 points a game so dont say they scored so much because of the caliber of team they were on that has abosulutely nothing to do with it.

You're saying he would get as many shots on a better team? I'll use Tappen as an example...over the last few years they had Perry Anderson and Derrick Barnick before they co-oped with steele. But on paper, they were stars when in reality they were nothing more then average. Perry was good, had some athleticism, but still not as good as the numbers he had. If Barnick was on a team to contend for District and REgion titles who would have averaged less then 8 ppg i would say. Tyler Fettig at HMB is the same thing.

Average players on bad teams look like great players.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 pm

i drive everywhere and travel to every game that i can. ive been to linton, ive been to center, beulah hazen, turtle lake, shiloh, standing rock, wilton, north star, carrington. i flat out love basektball and I think brown would be ranked number one in region 5. When you look at it singer is just a rebounder. he grabs rebounds and puts them in thats it. and all friesen can do is shoot. if he gets any contact he gets frustrated and crumbles just like the first round state game. brown was an all around shooter, he could drive in and pull up while on the move and had great explosivness to the hoop and was hard to gaurd in transition. he has an excellent jump shot and can elevate over anyone. He could shoot the three and take a 6 foot 5 guy to the rim and draw a foul. His three point percentage was 48 percent and his field goal percentage was 47 percent. region 5 had alot of even teams this year. Center played turtle lake this year in the mclean county tournament and got rolled by 30 but they didnt let that happen again the second time they played them. I attended the center turtle lake game in february about 4 weeks later and i saw brown score the first 17 points against turtle lake and the score was as i remember it center had turtle lake folded and down by 9 in the first quarter. They also were ahead by 7 in the third quarter. Turtle lake finally woke up in the fourth quarter and center fell short of a victory. Brown is an all state player whether you guys want to believe it or not. he got ripped out of all state just like that aman kid did from center in 2007. Center also had shiloh down by 12 points this year as well just let them back into it.
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:26 pm

basketballers wrote:i drive everywhere and travel to every game that i can. ive been to linton, ive been to center, beulah hazen, turtle lake, shiloh, standing rock, wilton, north star, carrington. i flat out love basektball and I think brown would be ranked number one in region 5. When you look at it singer is just a rebounder. he grabs rebounds and puts them in thats it. and all friesen can do is shoot. if he gets any contact he gets frustrated and crumbles just like the first round state game. brown was an all around shooter, he could drive in and pull up while on the move and had great explosivness to the hoop and was hard to gaurd in transition. he has an excellent jump shot and can elevate over anyone. He could shoot the three and take a 6 foot 5 guy to the rim and draw a foul. His three point percentage was 48 percent and his field goal percentage was 47 percent. region 5 had alot of even teams this year. Center played turtle lake this year in the mclean county tournament and got rolled by 30 but they didnt let that happen again the second time they played them. I attended the center turtle lake game in february about 4 weeks later and i saw brown score the first 17 points against turtle lake and the score was as i remember it center had turtle lake folded and down by 9 in the first quarter. They also were ahead by 7 in the third quarter. Turtle lake finally woke up in the fourth quarter and center fell short of a victory. Brown is an all state player whether you guys want to believe it or not. he got ripped out of all state just like that aman kid did from center in 2007. Center also had shiloh down by 12 points this year as well just let them back into it.

Shae Brown is not better than Grant Singer...I am not saying he's a bad player by any means, but that was a rediculous statement.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:32 pm

i heard a guy from carrington said brown made the shrine game
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby basketballers » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:51 pm

guess we will have to wait and see who all made the shrine game that will be interesting

Barton
Brown
Singer
Yale
Morrey
Yellowwolf
Randall
Kramosky

Those are some of my guesses
basketballers
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:55 pm

basketballers wrote:guess we will have to wait and see who all made the shrine game that will be interesting

Barton
Brown
Singer
Yale
Morrey
Yellowwolf
Randall
Kramosky

Those are some of my guesses

Guessin you are talking lions game here, Randall doesnt play football. I dont know if Barton and Singer will play in the Lions game, im sure they will both be nominated for both the shrine and lions game.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby im goin in » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:56 pm

i know this is off topic but is there any website you can go to see the class b basketball stats? for instance, region 2?
im goin in
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MakingMiles52 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:11 am

Hey Schwab, don't know if you want to comment on this or not. Heard from the rumor mill that both your boys and girls coaches were gone for next year? Any comment.
MakingMiles52
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:42 am

MakingMiles52 wrote:Hey Schwab, don't know if you want to comment on this or not. Heard from the rumor mill that both your boys and girls coaches were gone for next year? Any comment.

Not that I'm aware of, I would be shocked if that happened.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dr.Love » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:05 pm

basketballers wrote:i think they were alot of kids who got screwed out of all state like roemich, Brown, Wolff, and probably a few others who were very deserving

Sad but true politics are involved in class b with the all state team and the lions game. Always someone gets screwed, and this year without a doubt Trent Roemich.
Dr.Love
NDPreps Reserve

Postby class B fan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm

I sat here reading though all the posts and can't help but think that everybody has their own opinion. Whether Trent should be on the all state team or not is up to the people that do the actually voting. My opinion is that Trent was let down more from his own father making him sit out a whole year from playing ball in Bottineau You are only in High School four years and having one year taking away is not something that every parent would even consider doing.
class B fan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby The Schwab » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:53 pm

class B fan wrote:I sat here reading though all the posts and can't help but think that everybody has their own opinion. Whether Trent should be on the all state team or not is up to the people that do the actually voting. My opinion is that Trent was let down more from his own father making him sit out a whole year from playing ball in Bottineau You are only in High School four years and having one year taking away is not something that every parent would even consider doing.

I understand the point you are trying to make, however, that was a unique situation. That's all I will say about that.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan_05 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:02 am

The Schwab wrote:
class B fan wrote:I sat here reading though all the posts and can't help but think that everybody has their own opinion. Whether Trent should be on the all state team or not is up to the people that do the actually voting. My opinion is that Trent was let down more from his own father making him sit out a whole year from playing ball in Bottineau You are only in High School four years and having one year taking away is not something that every parent would even consider doing.

I understand the point you are trying to make, however, that was a unique situation. That's all I will say about that.

High school sports are short enough the way it is, making your kids sit out is ridiculous. Instead of playing the blame game, the parents should point the finger at themselves... It was their choice to take their kids out of the basketball program for a year, and then moved to a team that was already predicted to win region 3. Running away from your problems doesn't solve anything, a lesson that got learned the hard way.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby sekasum » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:10 pm

Singer and Schanilec were excellent players-can't be wrong on either
sekasum
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys