Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Indy5 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:15 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:teams often sharing a hallway on the way to locker rooms!

Yeah not always such a good idea.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:18 pm

Indy5 wrote:
ndakotasports94 wrote:teams often sharing a hallway on the way to locker rooms!


Yeah not always such a good idea.


No issues with it yet.
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Indy5 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:51 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
ndakotasports94 wrote:teams often sharing a hallway on the way to locker rooms!


Yeah not always such a good idea.


No issues with it yet.

Yeah I'd think it'd usually be alright. There are situations I can think of where it would be a bad deal.
User avatar
Indy5
NDPreps Legend
 
Posts: 2204
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:21 pm
Location: Northwest ND

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
ndakotasports94 wrote:teams often sharing a hallway on the way to locker rooms!


Yeah not always such a good idea.


No issues with it yet.


Yeah I'd think it'd usually be alright. There are situations I can think of where it would be a bad deal.


Very rarely do they meet at the same time...OG usually waits till the opposing team is already heading into the hallway before they leave the floor (like at halftime)
Email ND HS Scores to: ndhsscores@yahoo.com
THANKS!
User avatar
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King
 
Posts: 10181
Joined: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:06 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby tenacity18 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:22 am

I would definetly agree with Bulls=Dynasty. North Sargent's gym is smaller but always extremely loud...they have great fans and rival teams always play their best when they go their...especially if its a District Points Game. Great place to play!
Life's a game of inches. And the only one who is going to win in life, or any game, is the one who is willing to fight and die for that inch.
tenacity18
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:15 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby bison04 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:45 pm

tenacity18 wrote:I would definetly agree with Bulls=Dynasty. North Sargent's gym is smaller but always extremely loud...they have great fans and rival teams always play their best when they go their...especially if its a District Points Game. Great place to play!


Besides the last couple of years, everyone loved playing at North Sargent because it was a murder. My team went a decade without loosing to them. I would say they still have to be one of the worst high school basketball teams off all time in terms of winning percentage.

Lidgerwood had an awesome atmosphere in their old gym. The freaking showers were in a basement. Couldn't get much more unique than that!
bison04
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Deuces24 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:08 pm

I was at the Milnor-Gwinner 3 overtime game and that was one of the most intense games I have ever seen in my life. Not only was the game great to watch, but both teams crowds made it a great atmosphere. I have never heard that gym that loud before. It was a great time!
Deuces24
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:27 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby he_got_game » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:35 am

Grafton High School gym during the region championship in 08. Grafton vs. Park River. Packed house, had to bring in the portable football bleachers to fit everyone. Most intense game/crowd/atmosphere i've ever seen. Class B Basketball at it's finest.
he_got_game
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:54 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Basketballfan04 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:59 am

if u are looking for a old style gym flasher high school would be ur place to go they still have there old wooden bleachers and tho whole plays is old school wood ... and if really depends on style of ball ur looking for if ur looking for hoosier basket ball there is alot of teams here in north datokta that play that style do to that class B has no shot clocks we are one of the very very few states who haven caught up wit the times yet .. so class b dont have a shot clock so they tend to hold the ball alot ... but if ur looking for the of the uptemp... type of games check out some native teams .. there style of ball is different and a fast pace style that u really alomst cant get any where else but in the midwest where there is alot of native teams with there style of place and then u have Class A which is more stuctured and has alot more set plays and alot more team aspect to it ... they do a lil more coaching in Class A ... thats why u dont see players with a high socring avg... they style of play is more intence and a lil more stuctured with class b u will see alot more high score avg... because of the styles of play are different..... so north dakota basketball gives u a lil bit of every thing
Basketballfan04
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:47 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby vikingman » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:28 am

Who says we don't teach English mastery anymore?
vikingman
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 265
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby bearcatbacker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:43 pm

Basketballfan04 wrote:if u are looking for a old style gym flasher high school would be ur place to go they still have there old wooden bleachers and tho whole plays is old school wood ... and if really depends on style of ball ur looking for if ur looking for hoosier basket ball there is alot of teams here in north datokta that play that style do to that class B has no shot clocks we are one of the very very few states who haven caught up wit the times yet .. so class b dont have a shot clock so they tend to hold the ball alot ... but if ur looking for the of the uptemp... type of games check out some native teams .. there style of ball is different and a fast pace style that u really alomst cant get any where else but in the midwest where there is alot of native teams with there style of place and then u have Class A which is more stuctured and has alot more set plays and alot more team aspect to it ... they do a lil more coaching in Class A ... thats why u dont see players with a high socring avg... they style of play is more intence and a lil more stuctured with class b u will see alot more high score avg... because of the styles of play are different..... so north dakota basketball gives u a lil bit of every thing


If you cannot speak English or at least type it, maybe you should go back to school. This is really difficult to read. I would say, if you cannot speak or type English, you should not be able to post.
bearcatbacker
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:09 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby baloncesto » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:02 am

bison04 wrote:
tenacity18 wrote:I would definetly agree with Bulls=Dynasty. North Sargent's gym is smaller but always extremely loud...they have great fans and rival teams always play their best when they go their...especially if its a District Points Game. Great place to play!


Besides the last couple of years, everyone loved playing at North Sargent because it was a murder. My team went a decade without loosing to them. I would say they still have to be one of the worst high school basketball teams off all time in terms of winning percentage.

Lidgerwood had an awesome atmosphere in their old gym. The freaking showers were in a basement. Couldn't get much more unique than that!

Loved that gym. They even turned the lights off and used a big spotlight for starting lineups
Remember...there is always a little boy in the stands that wants to be just like you, don't disappoint him.
User avatar
baloncesto
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 4:57 pm
Location: Fargo

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby twins11 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:54 am

Dakota praires gym is very small.....and the floor creeks. to me it is a basement with 3 rows of uncomfortable bleachers!
twins11
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby John Deere Man » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:55 pm

munichs gym is small and not a lot of light. really hard to play in
John Deere Man
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:24 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby NorthStarBearcats4 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:41 pm

Two words North Star
NorthStarBearcats4
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Bill232H » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:18 am

NorthStarBearcats4 wrote:Two words North Star

I didn't get to ND this past season, but I did watch a netcast from North Star (I think it was against Grafton). I enjoyed that as much as many games I went to in person! I loved their pep band.
Bill232H
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:07 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby 4mrnative » Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:33 pm

Bill232H wrote:
NorthStarBearcats4 wrote:Two words North Star

I didn't get to ND this past season, but I did watch a netcast from North Star (I think it was against Grafton). I enjoyed that as much as many games I went to in person! I loved their pep band.


Do I understand the schedule on Friday, December 21st to be correct? Cavalier vs. Rugby at 6:00 pm and NS vs. Beulah at 7:30? They'll need about twice the capacity they can accommodate...but what an environment and fun evening that should be. WOW!
4mrnative
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 117
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby senditin » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:02 am

The DL sports center, not when the Firebirds are playing, when FW-Minnewaukan is playing, especially during tourney time. We've had that gym overcapacity several times.
senditin
NDPreps Starter
 
Posts: 118
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:33 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby packers21 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:33 pm

4mrnative wrote:
Bill232H wrote:
NorthStarBearcats4 wrote:Two words North Star

I didn't get to ND this past season, but I did watch a netcast from North Star (I think it was against Grafton). I enjoyed that as much as many games I went to in person! I loved their pep band.


Do I understand the schedule on Friday, December 21st to be correct? Cavalier vs. Rugby at 6:00 pm and NS vs. Beulah at 7:30? They'll need about twice the capacity they can accommodate...but what an environment and fun evening that should be. WOW!



You are correct should be a great night of basketball 4 good basketball teams. Cav and Rugby start it off and then a rematch of last years state champ game, not very often you get to see something like that. Should be a very good game.
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby packers21 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:35 pm

senditin wrote:The DL sports center, not when the Firebirds are playing, when FW-Minnewaukan is playing, especially during tourney time. We've had that gym overcapacity several times.



I agree!
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps All-Conference
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby Cooper13 » Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:45 pm

packers21 wrote:
4mrnative wrote:
Bill232H wrote:
NorthStarBearcats4 wrote:Two words North Star

I didn't get to ND this past season, but I did watch a netcast from North Star (I think it was against Grafton). I enjoyed that as much as many games I went to in person! I loved their pep band.


Do I understand the schedule on Friday, December 21st to be correct? Cavalier vs. Rugby at 6:00 pm and NS vs. Beulah at 7:30? They'll need about twice the capacity they can accommodate...but what an environment and fun evening that should be. WOW!



You are correct should be a great night of basketball 4 good basketball teams. Cav and Rugby start it off and then a rematch of last years state champ game, not very often you get to see something like that. Should be a very good game.



If I am not mistaken I think then on Saturday the Dec 22nd Rugby vs. North Star and Beulah vs. FW&M. That should also be a full house in Rugby.
Cooper13
NDPreps Rookie
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:03 am

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby muledeer » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:51 pm

Bill,
Check out the site started by N.D.sports fan .....schools that have closed in north dakota , there is a video of the rhame gym /school and my posts about it there.
muledeer
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:56 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby EHS1998 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Interestingly enough, tonight is the annual Oakes vs Ellendale "Cowbell" game. It is being held for the first time in Ellendale's new gym, this is also the first time the Cardinal boys will play on their new home floor. The atmosphere around this game is generally pretty cool, it has been going on for over 50 years. Two young teams are in for a good battle tonight. Tornadoes won last year, the series is currently Ellendale 34, Oakes 32, I believe. Should be fun.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby twinsman123 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:42 pm

EHS1998 is right, there has been 67 straight Cowbell games played. I've been to one of those, and holy crap I thought it was a state championship game the way the fans were. It was crazy! It's a very, very close rivalry too with Ellendale only having a 2 game(?) lead over Oakes. Not sure
twinsman123
NDPreps Reserve
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:58 pm

Re: Best HS Gym/Atmosphere

Postby EHS1998 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm

After Fridays game, Ellendale leads the series 35 to 32.
We plan and God laughs.
EHS1998
NDPreps Hall of Fame
 
Posts: 1868
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:07 pm

Previous

Return to Boys

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests