Region 2 08-09

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 08-09

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Shall we start it?
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 2 08-09

Postby Region 2 fan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:56 pm

My predictions..

1. Grafton
2. Park River
3. Thompson
4. Larimore
5. Cavalier
6. Dakota Prairie
7. Hillsboro
8. North Border
Region 2 fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby D3fan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:53 pm

1. Park River
2. Grafton
3. Dakota Prairie
4. Thompson
5. Cavalier
6. North Border
7. Larimore
8. Hillsboro
D3fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MT_20 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:06 am

1.park river
2.cavalier
3.grafton
4.dakota praire
5.thompson
6.larimoure
7.northborder
8.hillsboro
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:35 pm

1. Park River
2. Dakota Prairie
3. North Border
4. Hillsboro
5. Grafton
6. Cavalier
7. Thompson
8. MPCG
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bus » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:09 pm

*1. Cavalier
*2. Park River
3. Dakota Prairie
4. Grafton
5. Hillsboro
6. North Border
7. Thompson
8. MPCG

*Close one to call.
CrusadeR
bus
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby armedndangerous » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:31 pm

1. Grafton
2. Park River
3. DP
4. Thompson
5.Cavalier
6. North Border
7. Hillsboro
8. Larimore

possibly if they have a better coach.... Fordville Lankin
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big Blue » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:27 pm

It is tough for me to look at region 4 when I don't much about these teams, so i'll just look at district 3.
District 3
1 Dakota Prarie- Kueber will be SPOY in the district possibly region. I like the returning group and the group coming up.
2. Hillsboro- A close number 2. A great coach and a trio of really nice guards.
3. Thompson- I was really impressed by Thompson last season. I thought Hegg did a nice job and I see them being in the mix.
4. H-N They return a couple of nice guards and will figure things out in the post positions.
5. Larimore-Great athletes-yes great basketball players?????
6- MPCG A new coach and system plus a young team doesn't make things look promising. There is talent and they will compete for the final regional spot.
7- CV- I'm just not sure who will go out this season. If Adam Delvo and Jake Johnson go out, this team would have a nice backcourt if you add them to Luschinger. They will be improved.
8 GCC It is tough to put the cougars here, but they have no depth and just don't have many victories under their belts last couple of years. They will have a nice starting line-up and will compete.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:51 pm

Pretty good analysis Big Blue.

A couple of things - I don't put H-N that high. Bilden and Workin are good guards and Huus can be a very good slasher, but I'm not so sure they have much else. And I'd put MPCG higher. They might be young, but they have a ton of bigger kids and pretty good athletes. It all depends on how they mesh with their new coach.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Blue » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:49 am

I agree with you hinsa. I think H-N will probably land a little higher than 4 but I like their experience and the fact that Hatton-Northwood has made regionals last few years.
I just don't know what to think about MPCG. They have a nice group athletes, but Mattson will have to find the right mix of players. Right now they have several key position battles and mysteries but I am sure they will be fine.
I do think if Johnson, Kuster and Delvo go out, CV could go a little higher. It should be another good year of district 3 basketball.
Big Blue
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby JW_14 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:09 am

I think park river better be careful with their heads, they know they are supposed to be almighty. Lets see if that gets to them come regionals.
JW_14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:52 pm

JW_14 wrote:I think park river better be careful with their heads, they know they are supposed to be almighty. Lets see if that gets to them come regionals.

If Mozinski has another region tournament like he had last year, I can almost guarantee a region title. Against Grafton he carried that team offensively and defensively. He took that team to another level.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby JW_14 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 am

cubsfan wrote:
JW_14 wrote:I think park river better be careful with their heads, they know they are supposed to be almighty. Lets see if that gets to them come regionals.

If Mozinski has another region tournament like he had last year, I can almost guarantee a region title. Against Grafton he carried that team offensively and defensively. He took that team to another level.

I'll agree with that one, if he and Otto play as well as they can they will have a great chance. But as you know a lot of things can happen come tournament time.
JW_14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:07 am

I really don't understand how every is ranking North Border so low. Yes, they lost Dusty and Tanner and thats about 30 points a game. They still have the best post player in the region in Mike Smith coming back. Max Johnson and Josh Keller got some good experience playing in tough games with good players around them. NB just needs the unproven players to be ready to play and commit to the team. Cooter will have the guys ready as he always does. Not so much in recent years but we have been notoriously picked to finish low in the region and surprise everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if NB surprises people in tournaments because year in and year out we are a tournament team.

I do agree that Park River will probably represent us in the State Tournament. As long as those guys don't get to big for their britches and play their game they will be fine. I think this team is going to go as far as Justin Mozinski takes them.

Otto is going to be solid all year offensively and defensively. Jelinek is going to be tough in the post to score on and a non threat on offense. He just needs to make sure he hustles all the time. There were times last year when he'd get beat on defense because of laziness. If he keeps his head into the game he'll be fine. Mozinski has all the talent in the world but needs to make sure he doesn't let a few bad trips down the court make him lose his composure. He lets little things get to him too much and gets frustrated easily. He doesn't like when guards play him physical so it will be interesting when he plays teams with good guards like a Hillsboro or a Thompson that will get up and press him.

Good luck to all teams this year.

Sorry Cavalier guys but I have to do it.

"Mack and the boys!"
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby JW_14 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:21 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I really don't understand how every is ranking North Border so low. Yes, they lost Dusty and Tanner and thats about 30 points a game. They still have the best post player in the region in Mike Smith coming back. Max Johnson and Josh Keller got some good experience playing in tough games with good players around them. NB just needs the unproven players to be ready to play and commit to the team. Cooter will have the guys ready as he always does. Not so much in recent years but we have been notoriously picked to finish low in the region and surprise everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if NB surprises people in tournaments because year in and year out we are a tournament team.

I do agree that Park River will probably represent us in the State Tournament. As long as those guys don't get to big for their britches and play their game they will be fine. I think this team is going to go as far as Justin Mozinski takes them.

Otto is going to be solid all year offensively and defensively. Jelinek is going to be tough in the post to score on and a non threat on offense. He just needs to make sure he hustles all the time. There were times last year when he'd get beat on defense because of laziness. If he keeps his head into the game he'll be fine. Mozinski has all the talent in the world but needs to make sure he doesn't let a few bad trips down the court make him lose his composure. He lets little things get to him too much and gets frustrated easily. He doesn't like when guards play him physical so it will be interesting when he plays teams with good guards like a Hillsboro or a Thompson that will get up and press him.

"Mack and the boys!"

haha gotta love mack and the boys!!
JW_14
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballfan5 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:10 am

JW_14 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I really don't understand how every is ranking North Border so low. Yes, they lost Dusty and Tanner and thats about 30 points a game. They still have the best post player in the region in Mike Smith coming back. Max Johnson and Josh Keller got some good experience playing in tough games with good players around them. NB just needs the unproven players to be ready to play and commit to the team. Cooter will have the guys ready as he always does. Not so much in recent years but we have been notoriously picked to finish low in the region and surprise everyone. I wouldn't be surprised if NB surprises people in tournaments because year in and year out we are a tournament team.

"Mack and the boys!"

haha gotta love mack and the boys!!

You really need to stop with the Mack and the boys comment, its getting pretty old. It's really not that funny.

On a more serious note my predictions for this year in region 2, since thats what this topic is about!

1. Grafton
2. PR
3. Cavalier
4. DP
5. Thompson
6. NB
7. Larimore
8. Hillsboro

I think it will be a dog fight between Grafton and Park River. Both of those teams play tough in your face defense and defense wins championships. Grafton proved that last year. Cavalier is going to struggle with Grafton and Park River because I don't think they can match the defensive intensity that those two teams put on the floor. I also don't think Cavalier has the experience and are a year or two away from being really good.

I don't really no much about district 3 just kind of guessing on those picks.
bballfan5
NDPreps Reserve

Postby spoilers23 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:43 pm

That guy knows what he's talking about. I'm not going to say anything about District 3 either but I'll throw in my 2 cents about District 4 seeing as though I've played in it for a little bit. I don't want to say it but Park River is the favorite going in. Both (Grafton and Park River) are solid defensive teams but Park River returns all of their scoring. But then again Medina shut down the only returning first team All-Stater so whose to say he won't shutdown one of Park Rivers' scorers? I don't think Grafton will be lacking offensively. Paul Holand has the ability to take over a game. If he put in the time and wants it bad enough he could be District 4 and Region 2 player of the year and possibly lead his team back to state. They'll be a smaller team than last year but by no means will lack an inside game. A guy by the name of Devin White. Great game coming of the bench against Lisbon first round at state. He is nothing short of a beast on both ends of the court. Those three and the Collete's will be a solid 5, and knowing the coaching staff in Grafton they'll have a solid bench as well.

Park River will rely on two players for probably two-thirds of their offense. That could be their achilles heel. Foul trouble to one or both of them who steps up and scores?

Cavalier...........I don't know where to start. So you had some young guys step up and score a couple times, but do you realize the attention that Brown took up? And he still scored close to 20 a game. You think either Chrest or Robbins can put up numbers like that with 2 or 3 guys around them at all times? Ha...Nothing against either of them, they both have bright futures but as sophomores they're not at the level Brown was his senior year. MT_20, has anybody from Cavalier asked you to stop talking yet? I've realized that you can make an average team/player look really bad when you talk them up to be a great team/player.

I'm looking forward to another good year in D4 and R2 basketball, but from the stands this time around.

P.S. GO SPOILERS!!!!!!!
Strikeouts are boring - besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls. More democratic.
spoilers23
NDPreps Starter

Postby flyinJ's » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:34 pm

Big Blue wrote:It is tough for me to look at region 4 when I don't much about these teams, so i'll just look at district 3.
District 3
1 Dakota Prarie- Kueber will be SPOY in the district possibly region. I like the returning group and the group coming up.
2. Hillsboro- A close number 2. A great coach and a trio of really nice guards.
3. Thompson- I was really impressed by Thompson last season. I thought Hegg did a nice job and I see them being in the mix.
4. H-N They return a couple of nice guards and will figure things out in the post positions.
5. Larimore-Great athletes-yes great basketball players?????
6- MPCG A new coach and system plus a young team doesn't make things look promising. There is talent and they will compete for the final regional spot.
7- CV- I'm just not sure who will go out this season. If Adam Delvo and Jake Johnson go out, this team would have a nice backcourt if you add them to Luschinger. They will be improved.
8 GCC It is tough to put the cougars here, but they have no depth and just don't have many victories under their belts last couple of years. They will have a nice starting line-up and will compete.

I dont think that GCC deserves to be placed number 8. they may not have much depth but do have a talented starting five. i think they should be ranked 4th or higher
flyinJ's

Return to Boys