region 5

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

region 5

Postby bballdude101 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:01 am

whats your guys' rankings on region 5?
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Re: region 5

Postby 2EASY » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:27 pm

1.TLM
2.Shiloh
3.Standing Rock
4.New Salem/or Washburn
6.Garrison
7.Center
8.Wilton
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballdude101 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:32 pm

i think this region is completely open, turtle lake looks good still but lost 3 starters i believe who could really strecth the floor for malzer and singer, shiloh does look really tough with there batch of seniors now and new salem i believe is coming up but i dont think they are that tough, washburn is the one that i think could surprise some people, young and full of heart, but i really dont think garrison will do much and standing rock you never know what you will get, you know you will get a good up and down game, wilton is a young team led by bender who is really good and have a bunch of guys that are coming up and have recieved a transfer or two and they have a lot of young talent i think its an open race
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby 2EASY » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:35 pm

I don't see how you can put wilton at the same level as the other teams when they were better last year and they lost to a New Salem team that didn't lose anyone. It will be interesting to see how things play out but by the end of the year I don't think that anyone will want to play TLM.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bballdude101 » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:31 am

im not saying that they are the best team or anything, im saying that this region is up for grabs, tlm does look good with singer and malzer coming back but those guys that graduated stretched the defense out for them so they couldnt key in on any one of them, i think shiloh still is the favorite returning all but one, nobody in this region looks like they are going to run away with it is what im saying
bballdude101
NDPreps Starter

Postby kylew10 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:12 pm

Yea I agree with all of this except for one thing.. Wilton and New Salem i think will do better then what people take them for. New Salem only losing one guy (Jason Dittus) and with Jarad Wolf and Jared Kautzman coming back into the picture as juniors I think this team will have a good season. Wilton with the new transfers will be stronger but TL-M will still be up there.
kylew10

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:05 pm

I'm gonna have to go with Washburn...lol jk,1.TLM 2.New Salem 3.Shiloh 4.Standing Rock.Im thinking Regional Championship will be a barn burner. 8).
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:26 pm

TLM and Shiloh in the Regional Ship final score of about 95 91 2 OT Not sure who wins though
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:KRUGER 6'4, MESSERSCHMIDT 6'3, WOLF 6'3, Kautzman second toughest guard in the region. They will match up with ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME in this region. Bench play will determine their ultimate success when its all said and done.

What makes Kautzman the second toughest guard in the region? He isn't better than Malzer and wouldn't start for Shiloh.
Last edited by balla45 on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Big Ticket » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:48 pm

Looking at the teams in the region Shiloh has to be number 1. They have Trevor Singer arguably the best post in the region. Jared Miller arguably the best athlete in the region. Brady Bohl arguably the best shooter in the region. Tommy Dwyer arguably the best point guard in the region. Austin Friesen arguably the best shooter in the region, and the transfer they got from Nebraska or whatever that is suppose to be really good. I'm thinking state championship or close
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:14 pm

Big Ticket wrote:Looking at the teams in the region Shiloh has to be number 1. They have Trevor Singer arguably the best post in the region. Jared Miller arguably the best athlete in the region. Brady Bohl arguably the best shooter in the region. Tommy Dwyer arguably the best point guard in the region. Austin Friesen arguably the best shooter in the region, and the transfer they got from Nebraska or whatever that is suppose to be really good. I'm thinking state championship or close

Besides Trevor Singer, all of your points are arguable. It is also arguable that Malzer from TL-M is the best point guard and shooter in the state. I also have heard that he has somewhere near a 40 inch vertical. Although Jared Miller does too. Maybe the best athlete in this region is up for grabs.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:46 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
Big Ticket wrote:Looking at the teams in the region Shiloh has to be number 1. They have Trevor Singer arguably the best post in the region. Jared Miller arguably the best athlete in the region. Brady Bohl arguably the best shooter in the region. Tommy Dwyer arguably the best point guard in the region. Austin Friesen arguably the best shooter in the region, and the transfer they got from Nebraska or whatever that is suppose to be really good. I'm thinking state championship or close

How can you even argue that Kautzman is on Malzer's level? It isn't really arguable. Returning 1st team all stater/ will probably be Mr. Basketball compared to 5'9'' set shooter. Not really comparable.

Who is a better athlete than Jared Miller? 40ish inch vertical. Very fast. I doubt more than 8 people in this region can even dunk a basketball.

Oh, Wolf, arguably the best post in the region??? Grant Singer---Returning 2nd team all stater on a team that finished 2nd at state. Trevor Singer also put up 16 and 10 last year. Can someone get numbers on Wolf?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby igetmoney15 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:10 am

im going to have to go with TLM.. just because Malzer is probably the best gaurd in the state and if you dont shut him down... no one will be able to beat them.. but all the same.. all you ahve to do is lock him down and keep his numbers down like grafton did in the state championship game last year and they struggle
igetmoney15

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:09 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
balla45 wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:KRUGER 6'4, MESSERSCHMIDT 6'3, WOLF 6'3, Kautzman second toughest guard in the region. They will match up with ANYONE, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME in this region. Bench play will determine their ultimate success when its all said and done.

What makes Kautzman the second toughest guard in the region? He isn't better than Malzer and wouldn't start for Shiloh.

?

I wouldn't take Kautzman over Friesen, Bohl, or Miller. That is why I am saying he wouldn't start. He also wouldn't start over Dwyer. Some may argue that he is better than Kautzman, I will just say the coaching reason, so I don't have to argue about that one.

Wolf is decent, but being good at football doesn't really have anything to do with being good at basketball. Case in point, the best basketball player in the state doesn't play football. Oh, Singer was also only a sophomore last year, and I have heard he is good at football too. What is your point with this?

Dunking a basketball has to do with athleticism. I said Jared Miller or Cameron Malzer are the 2 best athletes in the region. You said there are many better athletes than Miller, yet he has a 40ish inch vertical (pure athleticism.)

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:11 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:being able to jump is in your category for athleticism? Hmm....As far as shiloh playing football...well I don't really need to go there now do I or do I need to point out some obvious points? We'll see. Its fun to see who wins at the end. Just find it funny how New Salem players wouldn't play for a team that they beat. I think we both agree that it will be a great tournament when its all said and done?

Yes. It is very important for a basketball player to be able to jump. Most people view this as the MOST important athletic trait. That or quickness. Shiloh has been playing football for 2 years, they shouldn't be good. Again, I don't see how football matters when you are talking about basketball. Its not really funny, its just true. Wolf would probably play, but I honestly don't see Kautzman playing over any of the Shiloh guards. I have played against all of these people, and I just don't see it happening. Wolf could play, simply because he is strong and has a decent shot. I think it could be a decent tournament, but TL-M won't lose. I don't see Malzer losing a big game again.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby King James » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:20 pm

Friesen is the X factor for them. One of the best shooters i've seen in the state including Class A
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:56 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:see your problem is you are from the generation of dunkers and think thats good basketball. Basketball today couldn't hold a cup of water to players a decade ago. I'm from the Larry Bird generation. I'll take him over any of your "most important basketball trait" dunkers of todays generation. Being able to jump is the main key for good basketball. That's border line red neck intelligence, only that would be an insult to red necks and sky hawks too.

Two things. Whether or not today's basketball could hold a candle to basketball played 10 years ago is not even relevant in this discussion. I also did not say the most important basketball trait is jumping ability. I said that and quickness are the most important athletic traits in a basketball player. Look at the dominant guards throughout NBA history. You will notice that 99% of them were quick or could jump high or most likely could do both.

Oh, one more thing. Jordan. The best player to play the game. He was great. He was an all around skilled player. But, what athletic traits allowed him to dominate? He was QUICK and he could JUMP HIGH. Maybe if Larry Bird had these qualities, he might have had a chance to be as good as Jordan.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:43 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Jordan became the greatest after he learned not to rely on his dunking ability. You need to watch basketball or do your history. John Stockton, Jason Kidd, Magic Johnson(could not jump just to make sure you realize that. He was close to 6'9), Larry Bird, Chris Mullen, Bob Cousy, Isiah Thomas. 99% of them are great ball handlers and assist players. Go ahead and check out the best dunkers of all time and see how many are also the best guards of all time. You might think vince carter or jason richardson as great guards, but you just really don't know the game.

My point is, you youngsters bring up some point, then when its countered you babble about something else, so when somebody responds to it you are confused because you can't remember what you babbled about earlier. Bottom line New Salem lost ONE players from last years REGION FINAL TEAM. So you skyhawks have to choke on that until you prove yourselves. New Salem did last year and they have the bragging rights and because of what they accomplished DESERVE the respect to be considered in that "top" category of athletes and teams until somebody proves them otherwise.

Are you are trying to tell me that John Stockton, Jason Kidd, or Isiah Thomas were not quick?

I keep bringing up points. You keep changing the subject. Football for example.

Bottom line, TL-M has 2 of the best players in the state. The best player in the state. They played in the state championship game, you cows have to choke on that. TL-M deserves the respect to be considered in that top category of athletes and teams until someone proves them otherwise.

Oh, Shiloh has been to state 2 of the last 3 years. Is this correct? It is. So, Shiloh has 4 players who put in big time minutes at a state tournament. New Salem has how many? What did New Salem do to put them in the "top" category of athletes and teams? Who from New Salem is a top "basketball player?"

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 pm

This kinda makes me mad. I don't know the game? Where did I say Vince Carter or Jason Richardson are great guards? Vince is a small forward. Jason Richardson was at a point the best rebounding 2 guard in the NBA. Jordan didn't become great when he stopped relying on his dunking ability. Fact, he never stopped relying on it. If Jordan wasn't quick and couldn't jump high, he would not have been the best player to play the game. Jordan had a 4.39 40 his sophomore year in college.

Do you honestly think I don't know that Magic Johnson was 6'9''. Any idiot can pull that out.
Larry Bird wasn't a guard, so I don't know why you said his name. Same with Mullin. Bob Cousy was very quick.

So, where are we now? You named what, seven players. One of them was a freak of nature (6'9'' point guard,) two of them were small forwards, and the rest were some of the quickest players when they played.

I don't know basketball? Name 5 NBA guards who were good who were not quick and couldn't jump high. It isn't hard to name 5 that were quick or could jump high.

Every great NBA guard is going to be a great ball handler or a great passer. If they aren't, they won't be considered a GREAT player. My God. Where are you pulling out these completely obvious things from?

Do you know basketball?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:18 pm

You old people bring up an irrelevant points, football and Kautman being the best guard in the region, yes you did type that. Make stuff up, Larry Bird being a guard. Put words in people's mouths, Jason Richardson and Vince Carter. State the obvious, great NBA guard is a great ball handler.

You somehow took me saying that being able to dunk, (Jared can throw it off the backboard and do a reverse,) makes you a good basketball player. What I did say was that dunking makes you athletic. Most people will agree with me in that having a 40 inch vertical makes someone athletic.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:22 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:

Arguably Wolf best post in the region, arguably kautzman the best guard in the region. As far as best athlete, new salem has one of the top football teams in the region(A not 9 man either), Shiloh has 1 win in their history, I could make a statement there are many more "best athletes" in the region above Miller. I do agree shiloh is a threat, they always are. Plus you stated another reason they are always there-"transfer" you said it first not me.

But, since all of my points are countered and I just babble, why don't you answer some simple questions?

How can it be argued that Wolf is better than either of the Singers? One averaged 16 and 10, and one averaged 18 and 10, played on the 2nd best team in the state, and was a 2nd team all stater.

How is Kautzman arguably the best guard in the region? Malzer=Returning 1st team all stater.

Who is more athletic than Jared Miller on the BASKETBALL COURT? Noone cares about the football field when the topic is basketball.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2EASY » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:23 pm

I would say you have a few more months of saying that New Salem is better then Shiloh because whenever they play i really dont think that it will be a close game, and its probly because your great football team didn't practice enough basketball when the Shiloh kids were working out and shooting around everyday, and last time i checked they didn't win the region last year so you can't really talk like someone has to prove them otherwise they still have to prove to everyone that they are a good football team during basketball season cause that means you are athletic.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:34 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:read my posts again. I FIRST stated kautzman as the second in line. Read your posts you argued this kid was "arguably" this and that based on jumping ability.

You SECONDLY stated Kautzman was the best guard in the region. I actually quoted you on this. He is maybe 4th or 5th. There are kids from Standing Rock who aren't even in this discussion who are better. I argued that Jared Miller is the best athlete in the region because he has a 40 inch vertical.

I will ask again. What makes Kautzman the second best guard in this region? What makes Wolf the best post in a region where the two Singers averaged 16 and 10, and 18 and 10, respectively? Who is a better athlete than Jared Miller, who has a 40 inch vertical? Maybe, just maybe, Malzer is, and you know what, he has a 40ish inch vertical too.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:12 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Memory serves me correct last year it was new salem 2 shiloh 1. The only win shiloh could get with their "all-star" roster was when the head coach for new salem was gone. Discussion is over. suppose you won't even acknowledge that fact? But, hey a couple years ago shiloh was at state, so therefore last year losing to new salem 2 out of 3 times doesn't count.

What discussion is over? Oh, if last year is all that matters, TL-M=2 ALL STATERS AND PLAYED IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. NEW SALEM=0 ALL STATERS AND DIDN'T MAKE STATE. You have yet to tell me what makes Kautzman the second best guard in the region, although you did say best guard in the region. You have yet to tell me what makes Wolf the best post in the region, by the way, I can't wait to hear this answer, as it should be a good laugh. You have also not named a better athlete on the basketball court than Jared Miller, this time, I think it is because you can't, but don't want to admit it.

I will wait.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:24 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:based on jumping ability. I need more than that. That's all you brought to the table for making your case for the most athletic player. I guess we'll see. You want to bring up things 2 or 3 years ago, then say last year doesn't matter. HYPOCRITE(LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY). As for now N.S. has the bragging rights and as the line goes "..I want the truth. You can't handle the truth!" Maybe this year we can see the great sportsmanship from the chicken hawks again by having them trash the locker room after getting another sand pounding. That takes pure athleticism man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Again, you seem to lack the ability to understand a somewhat straightforward post. I brought up things from 2 and 3 years ago, you said only last year matters. I then stated that TL-M is the best team, because they were last year. This makes sense in your system of logic.

Honestly, I have played New Salem, I have played Shiloh. It isn't close. Your "best post player in the region" scored 3 points against our sophomores.

What makes Kautzman the second best guard in the region? What makes Wolf the best post? Who is more athletic than Jared Miller? Are you avoiding these questions because you now realize how foolish your statements were?

The "chicken hawks" didn't trash the locker room at my school, where the biggest match up between New Salem and Shiloh was played. I would know, I use it everyday during the season.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Boys