St. John 08-09 Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

St. John 08-09 Season

Postby TheBigMan55 » Mon May 12, 2008 12:01 pm

How do you think they will do the upcoming season??
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Re: St. John 08-09 Season

Postby nativegolfer » Mon May 12, 2008 6:48 pm

Good gaurds but absolutely no inside game. Parisien was their only threat inside and I didn't see anyone from the bench who could even approach his production. You need to be balanced and I don't see that from them next season.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon May 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Who's FW big guy inside going to be next year without Alberts? I don't think they have anyone that will have a lot of production inside either, but I know they'll be successful next year. If St John plays an uptempo style and presses all game they can get by without an inside presence and win a lot of games.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby armedndangerous » Mon May 12, 2008 8:00 pm

Wambli aint bad.

But honestly I think of 2 good posts in this region and thats it. Barton and maybe MAYBE Lindahl.

I could be missing a few guys but there is not really much post presence in the entire region.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby stunt double » Mon May 19, 2008 8:14 pm

What about Hausmann from M-L? 12.5 pts and 6.8 rebs a game...on a team that was based on the points of Haagenson...not too bad if you ask me..
stunt double

Postby ball23 » Tue May 20, 2008 4:27 pm

Cobretti Parisien was a monster on the boards...

St. John will jus be competing against Rolla next year for bragging rights amongst them, other than that i dont' see them havin the season they had last year
ball23

Postby B_Baller » Fri May 23, 2008 9:06 am

ball23 wrote:Cobretti Parisien was a monster on the boards...

St. John will jus be competing against Rolla next year for bragging rights amongst them, other than that i dont' see them havin the season they had last year

Parisien was a monster on the boards but I know he didn't average as much rebounds as they say he did!

I don't think they will be as good as last yr huh? I see different! They were a young team with good guards. They will probably have a better season this year. Good luck Wood Chucks!!
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri May 23, 2008 10:56 pm

B_Baller wrote:

Parisien was a monster on the boards but I know he didn't average as much rebounds as they say he did!

I don't think they will be as good as last yr huh? I see different! They were a young team with good guards. They will probably have a better season this year. Good luck Wood Chucks!!

3 good guards, yes. Bench, no, Inside game, nada. Recipe for a .500 team if you ask me.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportsfan10 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:51 pm

yeah SJ doesn't have a big guy. neither does four winds. but if they don't get killed in there and continue to run the ball and shoot the 3, they'll make up for that
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ball23 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm

St. John is a team with balanced scoring amongst 3 people.

Frank Henry, Jade Davis, Josh Davis. They don't have that one person to go to in the clutch. I just dont see them having the success this year they had last year with Cobretti Parisien gone. I just dont' see St. John making it out of Regionals after seeing who FW brings back. FW makes it out of this region with ease.
ball23

Postby ball23 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:45 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
B_Baller wrote:

3 good guards, yes. Bench, no, Inside game, nada. Recipe for a .500 team if you ask me.

below .500 if you ask me
ball23

Postby future star » Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:26 pm

i don't see st.john even giving FW a go. score= Fw-110 St.john-68
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby appleman » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:08 pm

armedndangerous wrote:Wambli aint bad.

But honestly I think of 2 good posts in this region and thats it. Barton and maybe MAYBE Lindahl.

I could be missing a few guys but there is not really much post presence in the entire region.

Barton? You have got to be kidding...he is just big but other than that he is just lazy i believe he only grabbed about five or six rebounds a game last year..leir from harvey grabbed more than that and i also think houchin from wc did and if i am not mistaken those two are 5 10ish..i would guess there are more guys in the region that grab more boards then those two too
appleman
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBigMan55 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:24 pm

st.john does have good guards....they have a center named travis slater....he is alright but he wont match up to parisiens rebounds but he will be alright....hes bout 6'3 240 and hes a pretty decent shooter
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby future star » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:50 pm

i've seen st.john's jv team they are solid but i don't think they are good enough to take 4-winds but upsets can happen.
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NE B-Baller 242 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:42 am

Three good guards in Henry and the Davis's ,but like just about all the teams in the District they will need to find production from the 4 and 5 spots. Bryant is solid at the 4, but I'm worried about Slater at the 5. He has little varsity experience and had trouble staying on the JV team last year.
If winning isn't everything why do we keep score?
NE B-Baller 242
NDPreps Starter

Postby armedndangerous » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Are they still gonna play that matchup zone? If they do they wont ever beat four winds and thats a fact! I couldnt believe how many 3's i watched CJ Ironheart hit in the first half against them.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby TheBigMan55 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:25 pm

NE B-Baller 242 wrote:Three good guards in Henry and the Davis's ,but like just about all the teams in the District they will need to find production from the 4 and 5 spots. Bryant is solid at the 4, but I'm worried about Slater at the 5. He has little varsity experience and had trouble staying on the JV team last year.

If slater wouldnt have broken his foot a few days before practice he wouldve been parisiens replacement and he would have more experience
TheBigMan55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby KG4MVP » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:51 pm

This region really is down this year...but i dont think st. johns will have enough to overtake 4w for the title in the end, in my opinion...but who knows, anything can happen in high school ball!
KG4MVP
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:50 pm

A lot of people said this same team, pretty much all the same guys, weren't going to have that much success in football without Cobretti Parisien either and they ended up being a better team this year... I know football is a totally different sport than basketball, but we're still talking about the same athletes... Bryant looked as tough as they come this fall and I'd be willing to bet he puts up some solid rebounding numbers this winter... tough to top Cobretti's 18 a game, but still St. John has plenty of talent and speed, add even a decent rebounder and they'll be in contention...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:39 pm

If they are strong and fast ,like their football team....then yes they will be good. I'm am really interested in this school and their amazing athletes lol.Buuuuuut...Four Winds takes the region again.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys