Region 8 Next Year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 8 Next Year

Postby ABCD » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:24 pm

Read alot about other regions, didn't see any on this--How is Region 8 going to be--Who will come out on top?
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Region 8 Next Year

Postby ballernation » Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:28 pm

watford will be tough still with sanford and schultz and a good supporting cast, divide with haugland and some others, trinity with kvernum and a pretty solid supporting cast, new town with fox and james....
those have got to be the top four.... unless there are some others i dont know of.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby ABCD » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:34 pm

ballernation wrote:watford will be tough still with sanford and schultz and a good supporting cast, divide with haugland and some others, trinity with kvernum and a pretty solid supporting cast, new town with fox and james....
those have got to be the top four.... unless there are some others i dont know of.

Yeah those teams sound pretty solid..Justin Flatland is also going to be tough for watford next year. Austin Dhuyvetter will have a very solid year also for divide. I think the sleeper teams who have struggled in the last couple of years because they were young, but now have some experience will be Tioga and Powers Lake (still think the others mentioned are better--but you never know).
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:50 pm

Fargo Shanley will be traveling to Dickinson to play Trinity next year. There has been talk of making this a boy/girls every year series. I think it would be fun and an interesting series to watch.
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballernation » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:29 pm

ABCD wrote:
ballernation wrote:watford will be tough still with sanford and schultz and a good supporting cast, divide with haugland and some others, trinity with kvernum and a pretty solid supporting cast, new town with fox and james....

Yeah those teams sound pretty solid..Justin Flatland is also going to be tough for watford next year. Austin Dhuyvetter will have a very solid year also for divide. I think the sleeper teams who have struggled in the last couple of years because they were young, but now have some experience will be Tioga and Powers Lake (still think the others mentioned are better--but you never know).

yaaa i would throw parshall in there to but with talk of finley transferring they shouldnt be to tough. mandaree has devin yellowwolf returning and he is a stud dont no who else they have though. tioga will be coached well so they will be solid, and powers lake is scrappy and tough at home... but the top four in the region will probabably be the same with divide, watford, trinity, and new town
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:25 pm

EDC wrote:Fargo Shanley will be traveling to Dickinson to play Trinity next year. There has been talk of making this a boy/girls every year series. I think it would be fun and an interesting series to watch.

Are you talking Dickinson Trinity or Williston Trinity? because Dickinson Trinity is in Region 7 not 8.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nordstde » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:03 am

Of course he's talking about Dickinson Trinity. Some people don't even know there is Region 8, and even if they do, they wouldn't be able to name more than 1-3 teams. Nobody ever talks about Region 8, I don't know why either. Just because most of the teams are tucked up in the corner of that state they don't get as much "coverage" I guess. But anyway, there is plenty to quality basketball played in Region 8. Just look at the last two years. Parshall won it all in 06' and Watford finished a solid 4th this year. Where are they from? Region 8. And both of those teams were involved in many dog fights within the Region before they showed their talent to the rest of the state. As far as next year though here are my picks, as of right now of course.
1. Divide County - Haugland and Dhuyvetter will be very good, they will be the leaders. Windfaldet and Ellison are good ball players with alot of experience. And they have some good young talent coming up.
2. Watford City - They do lose quite a bit, but I think with good coaching and alot of Sanford they will be pretty good again.
3. Parshall - They do lose Youngbird, along with a few others, but they will field a good team as usual.
4. New Town - I'm actually not sure who they return, but I'm sure they will be solid.
5. Manderee - Yellowwolf will be very good, but not sure who else they have.
6. Tioga - They could surprise some people, I believe they return all of the starters from last year. Lalim will be the leader for them.
nordstde
NDPreps Starter

Postby ABCD » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:49 pm

1. Divide County - Haugland and Dhuyvetter will be very good, they will be the leaders. Windfaldet and Ellison are good ball players with alot of experience. And they have some good young talent coming up.
2. Watford City - They do lose quite a bit, but I think with good coaching and alot of Sanford they will be pretty good again.
3. Parshall - They do lose Youngbird, along with a few others, but they will field a good team as usual.
4. New Town - I'm actually not sure who they return, but I'm sure they will be solid.
6. Tioga - They could surprise some people, I believe they return all of the starters from last year. Lalim will be the leader for them.[/quote]

Mandaree should really be alright they lose thier best kid who did alot of damage inside. I feel it will be between DC and Watford City again...Watford had a very solid JV team..Heard they only lost 1 game and that was when Schulz and Flatland didn't play in the game, so WC has some talent coming up also.
ABCD
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby EDC » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I messed up. Saw Trinity and thought Dickinson Trinity. Read in the paper that the population of Williston could go from 13,000 to 40,000 because of all the oil. Should mean student population gains in many of the smaller towns in Region 8 also. Who gets the first 6'9'' kid from Texas??
You gotta believe
EDC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballernation » Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:18 pm

nordstde wrote:Of course he's talking about Dickinson Trinity. Some people don't even know there is Region 8, and even if they do, they wouldn't be able to name more than 1-3 teams. Nobody ever talks about Region 8, I don't know why either. Just because most of the teams are tucked up in the corner of that state they don't get as much "coverage" I guess. But anyway, there is plenty to quality basketball played in Region 8. Just look at the last two years. Parshall won it all in 06' and Watford finished a solid 4th this year. Where are they from? Region 8. And both of those teams were involved in many dog fights within the Region before they showed their talent to the rest of the state. As far as next year though here are my picks, as of right now of course.
6. Tioga - They could surprise some people, I believe they return all of the starters from last year. Lalim will be the leader for them.

this doesnt seem right? you no parshall is losing rudy, and jalen more than likely, that is like 80 percent of there points, and mandaree and tioga over trinity? i no they lost vedaa and hansen but cmon, they are better than that, with kvernum who should be a 20 and 10 guy and some other good players, although i do agree about tioga being a sleeper pick.. new town returns caley fox and jordy james by the way to solid players they will be tough again
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys