Best Run & Gun

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best Run & Gun

Postby B_Baller » Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:58 am

Which team do you think was the bestrun & gun team :?:

At the moment the team i can think of is Warwick Warriors..........Ohh Four Winds too
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Run & Gun

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:55 am

B_Baller wrote:Which team do you think was the bestrun & gun team :?:

At the moment the team i can think of is Warwick Warriors..........Ohh Four Winds too

I would think FW would be alot better Run & Gun team than Warwick since we've beat them about the last 15-20 times we've played'em. I think the last time they beat us was in 1997.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby milton-meteor » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:08 am

B_Baller wrote:Which team do you think was the bestrun & gun team :?:

well my opinion is we dont have allot to choose from, allot of coaches dont go this route, some because of lack of speed and also you are more prone to turnovers.
I think a true run & gun team has to throw out the Three pointer as an option it was in the late seventies and early eighties when you would see the full court run & gun, we kinda played this way when we felt we could run the other team, you need tremendous stamina (not that we had it) to play this way and still be there in the fourth quarter if you do not manage to pull away. You have to have a good outlet passer (Love) and good ball handlers to achieve and look good doing it.

my vote, Four winds, never saw Warwick play
milton-meteor

Postby region_4_2008 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:45 am

My Vote is for FW that's there game and there good at it.
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball101 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:26 pm

I would say New Rockford when they had them teams that went to state they were by far the best run and gun team I have seen. I remember them out running FW every time they played.
basketball101

Postby asiantangy99 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:35 pm

basketball101 wrote:I would say New Rockford when they had them teams that went to state they were by far the best run and gun team I have seen. I remember them out running FW every time they played.

ya i went to school at NRS and was thier throughout every single one of those state, regional, and district games and they could definatly run a team off the floor, but they were phenomenal shooters.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:09 am

FW!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby asiantangy99 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:07 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:FW!!

ya definatly always are run and gun and always will be run and gun
asiantangy99