Jr. Grand Am

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Jr. Grand Am

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:55 pm

Don't get me wrong I always thought the Grand Am was fun and a good tournament to play in but I have a few things I'd like to get off my chest.

For one... Why do Parents get more worked up over Grand Am games then regular season games? I've seen some parents absolutely harass the refs, opposing players, coaches, fans etc. over a close loss in this tournament. I know you play 135 dollars for the entry fee but it IS still just a basketball game.

This year in the high school boys division they decided to have a "Blue Division" and "Orange Division" rather than have one divison. I don't understand that at all. Every other year there has been one division and you are guaranteed 3 games and if you keep winning as many as 6. Wouldn't you want a chance to play as many games as possible when you have to pay that much money just to play in it? The champs this year the "Pembina Dirty Penguins" played four total games. So they won every game they played and only got one more game then a team that didn't win one.

And finally... why don't coaches get medals? Haha, this isn't much of a complaint but I wanted some hardware for being the coach of the Dirty Penguins, lol.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Jr. Grand Am

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:21 am

i got a medal last year for coaching the HS division champs :)
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:27 am

I guess a picture in the paper and my pride will have to do. Haha
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I guess a picture in the paper and my pride will have to do. Haha

i got that too haha :D .....i guess the work i put in was just more then yours an obivously showed haha..jk
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:38 am

baseball wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I guess a picture in the paper and my pride will have to do. Haha

i got that too haha :D .....i guess the work i put in was just more then yours an obivously showed haha..jk

is there any results? or who was on the top teams? anyone know this?
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:46 am

Well the Blue division had a team of guys I believe from Hillsboro, Dakota Prairie and FSHP. The only ones I really recognized were Smelden, Horne, Kueber, and Nick Nelson. The Orange Division champs had Tanner Carpenter, Dustyn Chale, Josh Keller, Mike Smith, Anthony Kliniske, Casey Myklebust, Justin Overby, and Austen Emerson. It was a good showing by the Class B guys from around the Region II area.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:35 am

1. ALOT of parents are IDIOTS when it comes to sports.

2. No opinion about divisions as I could careless :)

3. After seeing who was on your team I can see why you weren't given one, cause a team like that don't need a coach at the Grand Am :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby milton-meteor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:37 am

ndfan wrote:1. ALOT of parents are IDIOTS when it comes to sports.

2. No opinion about divisions as I could careless :)

3. After seeing who was on your team I can see why you weren't given one, cause a team like that don't need a coach at the Grand Am :)

Yea, and those guys have enough Hardware, I am sure they would let you sport the trophy in your office!!
milton-meteor

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:08 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:Well the Blue division had a team of guys I believe from Hillsboro, Dakota Prairie and FSHP. The only ones I really recognized were Smelden, Horne, Kueber, and Nick Nelson. The Orange Division champs had Tanner Carpenter, Dustyn Chale, Josh Keller, Mike Smith, Anthony Kliniske, Casey Myklebust, Justin Overby, and Austen Emerson. It was a good showing by the Class B guys from around the Region II area.

sound like you were put in the same position i was last year haha. team with Austin Dufualt, Luke Lorenz, Mark Bakkum, Micheal Cooper, Bryce Fazekas, Justin Moe, adn 2 other all region players from Minnesota haha. co coach with Payton Tivis....wasnt too much work
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indians Alumni » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:17 am

Tne tournament was ok, but I do have somewhat of a beef with the Central High School crew. Our team was not allowed to warm up before their game, which was next, on the south side, where there was plenty of room, because they didn't want the other teams distracted while they play! This is Basketball, there are going to be distractions in the crowd all the time, second they hurd us out in the hallway to stretch, then they yell at some of our boys to not dribble a basketball! Once again, you are dealing with Teenagers! What really chapped me was when it was said, that they keep their school nice, implying that we don't!!!

I also watched the refs kick a lady out for being loud. She was not being vulgar or disrespectful, she yelled "Travel" or "Foul"! I really wouldn't toss a lady out for that! I have ref'd several games and you just have to get thick skin, I understand there is a line, but no way she crossed it!

I did not like the two divisions, there is no clear cut champion!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby milton-meteor » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:25 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:Tne tournament was ok, but I do have somewhat of a beef with the Central High School crew. Our team was not allowed to warm up before their game, which was next, on the south side, where there was plenty of room, because they didn't want the other teams distracted while they play! This is Basketball, there are going to be distractions in the crowd all the time, second they hurd us out in the hallway to stretch, then they yell at some of our boys to not dribble a basketball! Once again, you are dealing with Teenagers! What really chapped me was when it was said, that they keep their school nice, implying that we don't!!!

I also watched the refs kick a lady out for being loud. She was not being vulgar or disrespectful, she yelled "Travel" or "Foul"! I really wouldn't toss a lady out for that! I have ref'd several games and you just have to get thick skin, I understand there is a line, but no way she crossed it!

out of curiosity, what brought on "keep their school nice" thing?, and where is your school? Just wondering
thanks
milton-meteor

Postby rep » Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:26 pm

i'm amazed they don't have the two division champions play a championship game...that seems like such a natural decsision to make to have that game.
rep

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:58 pm

rep wrote:i'm amazed they don't have the two division champions play a championship game...that seems like such a natural decsision to make to have that game.

The blue division championship game was at 4 and the orange was at 5. As the blue division championship game was getting close to done our guys asked some of the people working the Grand Am if the two champions could play each other after but they said no.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby balla4life23 » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:08 pm

the blue division championship game was one of the best games of the tournament
this black team called the mafia or something like that played the playa's
the mafia had a better team in my opinion but couldnt pull it together to beat them
balla4life23

Postby Indians Alumni » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:42 pm

milton-meteor wrote:
Indians Alumni wrote:Tne tournament was ok, but I do have somewhat of a beef with the Central High School crew. Our team was not allowed to warm up before their game, which was next, on the south side, where there was plenty of room, because they didn't want the other teams distracted while they play! This is Basketball, there are going to be distractions in the crowd all the time, second they hurd us out in the hallway to stretch, then they yell at some of our boys to not dribble a basketball! Once again, you are dealing with Teenagers! What really chapped me was when it was said, that they keep their school nice, implying that we don't!!!

out of curiosity, what brought on "keep their school nice" thing?, and where is your school? Just wondering
thanks

Four Winds High School
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby milton-meteor » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:45 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
milton-meteor wrote:

thanks

Four Winds High School

Great Program, Be Proud!!
milton-meteor

Return to Boys