Coaching Changes in Class B Boys Basketball for Next Year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coaching Changes in Class B Boys Basketball for Next Year?

Postby hawk41 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:39 pm

Does anyone know if there are any major coaching changes taking place in Class B Boys Basketball for next year?
hawk41
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Coaching Changes in Class B Boys Basketball for Next Year?

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:41 pm

hawk41 wrote:Does anyone know if there are any major coaching changes taking place in Class B Boys Basketball for next year?

Krueger retired from FSHP, i would guess first chance at it goes to the assistant Jay Oconnor.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:44 pm

I believe Mr. Carnal from Fargo Oak Grove is going to retire.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:33 pm

cubsfan wrote:I believe Mr. Carnal from Fargo Oak Grove is going to retire.

He had quite a run.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:33 pm

Coach Carlson retired at Minn-Leeds....
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:36 pm

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Coach Carlson retired at Minn-Leeds....

one of the best
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseballlvr » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:54 pm

Coach John Wirth from Munich-Starkweather retired.
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby asiantangy99 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:01 pm

The Schwab wrote:
NATURAL TALENT wrote:Coach Carlson retired at Minn-Leeds....

one of the best

I agree he was a great coach and led a number of teams to state and late regionals, always had good records.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:55 pm

there is a rumor going around that rich dufault is done coaching at killdeer.
letsgosox

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:53 pm

letsgosox wrote:there is a rumor going around that rich dufault is done coaching at killdeer.

I'm guessing that would be Austin's dad? If so is probably going to be a very busy man following his son at Colorado. That'd be my guess.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:22 pm

ndfan wrote:
letsgosox wrote:there is a rumor going around that rich dufault is done coaching at killdeer.

I'm guessing that would be Austin's dad? If so is probably going to be a very busy man following his son at Colorado. That'd be my guess.

ya i can't say i blame him
Last edited by letsgosox on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsgosox

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:56 pm

letsgosox wrote:
ndfan wrote:

ya i can't say i blame him. i think it will be good for the town of killdeer to go in a different direction. they have an above average enrollment for a class b school and they only had 14 kids out for basketball. if it does happen, it will be good for both parties to go separate ways.

Whats the story here? How come they can't get more kids out for basketball?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:36 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
ndfan wrote:

ya i can't say i blame him. i think it will be good for the town of killdeer to go in a different direction. they have an above average enrollment for a class b school and they only had 14 kids out for basketball. if it does happen, it will be good for both parties to go separate ways.

Whats the story here? How come they can't get more kids out for basketball?

plain and simple, some of the kids didn't like him as a coach. he is a firey guy and some kids these days can't handle negative reinforcement. he, like many coaches that coach like him, say questionable things at times that kids take too personally.
Last edited by letsgosox on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsgosox

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:31 pm

I don't know the Kildeer situation nor Coach Dufault. But every time I hear about kids that can't take a fiery coach and criticism, I just cringe. The first thing that comes to my mind is "Man up, you babies."

Again, I don't know the situation, just stating my opinion on how kids can't take tough coaches any more.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Hinsa wrote:I don't know the Kildeer situation nor Coach Dufault. But every time I hear about kids that can't take a fiery coach and criticism, I just cringe. The first thing that comes to my mind is "Man up, you babies."
Again, I don't know the situation, just stating my opinion on how kids can't take tough coaches any more.

I gotta agree with you there.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:37 pm

Hinsa wrote:I don't know the Kildeer situation nor Coach Dufault. But every time I hear about kids that can't take a fiery coach and criticism, I just cringe. The first thing that comes to my mind is "Man up, you babies."

as a former player for coach dufault, i can say that i did not mind his coaching style to a certain extent. he has said some things to other players, past and present, that has been off base though, so i cannot speak for those individuals. had i been in their position, i'm not sure how i would have felt. but 20 years ago, no one would have seen anything wrong with his coaching style.
Last edited by letsgosox on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsgosox

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:23 am

I heard that it's up in the air the the Dufaults will be moving to be Bowman next year, I guess the right kind of job openings make it a right fit for them....not sure on the truth, but just saying it's up in the air.
project-pat

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:25 am

How many boys in HS go out for Wrestling? Is that a reason that there are not more bball players? Alot of the other teams don;t have that competition for athletes. I am not sure of the status of thier wrestling program, but I am guessing it takes a few kids away.
hp fan

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:19 pm

hp fan wrote:How many boys in HS go out for Wrestling? Is that a reason that there are not more bball players? Alot of the other teams don;t have that competition for athletes. I am not sure of the status of thier wrestling program, but I am guessing it takes a few kids away.

the wrestling program has been in decline lately too. i think there were only 7 or 8 kids out for wrestling this year.
i also heard that the dufaults might be headed to bowman, but i heard they might be moving down to colorado.
Last edited by letsgosox on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letsgosox

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:41 pm

thats too bad the wrestling program is in decline. That seems to be the trend in SW ND. Thanks for the info
hp fan

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:41 pm

i think my posts about coach dufault have been taken entirely the wrong way. i have nothing but respect for the man as i enjoyed playing for him for 4 years. also, i think i have made it clear in my posts in the past that i support austin in every way possible. his dad is not leaving killdeer because of the circumstances i have stated. he is not being run out of town or anything like that. he simply is embracing the opportunity to go watch his son play at a big 12 university. i wish Rich nothing but the best and if he decides to coach again, whether it be in killdeer or in another town, i hope that town embraces him. he is a very knowledgable coach that has alot of passion and knowledge for the game and the players he coaches. the intent of my posts was not to rag on coach dufault, just to inform people who asked a question. i realize now that i should not have made the posts. i'm sorry that i was spreading unneeded rumors, i just shouldn't have answered the question.
letsgosox

Postby balla22 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:50 pm

Dufault offically resigned coaching
balla22

Postby ND_Coach » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:12 pm

Waloch resigned at North Sargent
ND_Coach
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:51 am

That's kind of surprising to resign when you have such a good team returning and expectations will be high for next year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:53 am

ND_Coach wrote:Waloch resigned at North Sargent

I might be wrong but didn't Waloch's son graduate this year? That could of possibly affected his decision.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Next

Return to Boys