District 5 in 2009

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

District 5 in 2009

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:11 pm

What do you guys think this district is going to be like next year? Top players, top teams ect. ect.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Re: District 5 in 2009

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Are you saying the 2008-2009 season????
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:16 pm

If your talking about next season:

Central Prarie: Lose only one player from a decent team the past year. Should be one of the favorites.

L-M-M: Return 3 starters including their leading scorer, and two bench players that played significant minutes. Also should be considered one of the favorites.

P-B-K: Bring back some good players from last year's team including four seniors. Should be with the top teams.

Edgeley-Kulm: Will combine some good players from both schools. Depends if they can get used to playing with different people.

I see BCN, LaMoure, and Ellendale finishing after the above four.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

In no particular order:

E-K: Knudson, Rott and Feist are a nice perimeter group. Feist is strong and a good shooter, Knudson is very quick and nice shooter. He runs the floor well. Rott will continue to progress and is a very nice athlete. If Berg goes to work on his game, he can be a nice post. Erickson and some others can come together to be a nice cast. E-K can be a factor in the race. Who will coach the new co-op?

LMM: Carpenter, Brandvold, Naze, Tollefson, Limesand can be a nice group. Carpenter should contnue to develop, Brandvold is solid, Naze very quick. Tollefson, 6'3", impressed me at tourneys as a strong, agressive player. Limesand can be a good emotional leader at times. Needs to mature and keep head. There are some nice kids around them that can be maybe a 7-8 deep rotation and a solid contender. Coach Lueck will have them playing well and might tighten the rotation next year.

BCN: Bartlett and Heinze are good. They need help though. No seniors on the roster next year. Magee and some others could come together and be around. Bartlett and Heinze are physically strong guys. Mature players, but need help. Any posts coming up in the program?

CP: Knodel, Moser, Tenaka, Dockter, Heinrich. These guys could be good and still young. Some nice quickness and a little size. Moser is a nice guard. Knodel works hard and will continue to improve. Tenaka kid impressed me at districts. These guys will be a factor. Paul Erbele seems to be a good coach to play for. He will be ready for these guys to move up. Most back for '09-'10. [Like all Dist 5 teams]

PBK: I don't know much about these guys. Thomas and Bennet back. Duke Larson can put guys together and get something out of them. Thomas good all around player. Bennet has good size and a good looking young player.

Ellendale: Hamar, Morrisey, Bommersbach. Need more info on others. They will be better next year. Curious about others thoughts on how much better. Hamar at 6'4"-5" is a nice developing post. Morrisey a good guard with upside for sure. Need more info on other Cards coming up.

LaMoure: very inexperienced. Lux at 6'4" has improved and is fast and strong enough to defend the post. Not threat offensively yet. Stemen, still growing, can play most spots and defends well. Needs to get stronger to handle being guarded by better defenders as he will be primary offensive threat. Aberle, very nice athlete and must get more agressive. He could be a nice scorer. Hample, Dunn and some others can come around to put a group together. A couple freshmen could fill gaps in rotation. Loboes maybe a factor late. People will not expect much from LaMoure. Great chance to surprise with much work.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:21 pm

My picks:
1. LMM-Limesand is a great leader, but needs to be a more consistent scorer in order for them to have success. Carpenter is a good shooter and offensive threat, not the greatest defensively, but will he be able to rebound without Rode? Naze is solid, needs to work on his game though to get "good." Branvold's a good shooter, but needs to get quicker. Tollefson is athletic and good defensively, but needs to work on shooting, ball-handling, etc. I can see sophmore Austin Smith making an immediate impact next year. Lueck is a good coach.
2. Edgeley-Kulm- Berg could be very good if he worked at his game all around. Feist is a good defender, and pretty good offensive threat, just needs to become more consistent. Knudson is quick and a good defender and shooter, he also needs to become more consistent day in and day out. Rott is very athletic and if he works on game all-around ecspecially ball-handling he will be tough. Taylor is a 3 point threat when he's on. I can see Jones, Ericcson and freshman Beau Diegel being role players (mainly shooters just like Taylor). They really need Strobel to coach instead of the other guy, and I can see them beat LMM but also losing to Ellendale, they in general need to become consistent.
3. Central Prairie- Knodel, Moser, Tenaka, and Dockter work extremely well together. Moser is good, he needs to become more of a leader and just improve all-around. Knodel is a pretty good post who works hard just needs to keep working this off season. I don't know much about the rest of the team except that there was one who was a good shooter. Good coach who should get the most out of these guys.
4. BCN- Bartlett, Heinze, Hoveland, and Christ are all capable guards and will have to carry the load. Bartlett and Heinze are great shooters when they have someone to set him up. Christ is a sound player all around. I don't remember much about Hoveland. Magee i believe returns as a post.
5. PBK- Don't know much either. Other than Thomas will be challenging Limesand for district player of the year. He needs to develop his left hand and become a leader though. They have good coaching to help tough.
6. Ellendale-White, Boomersbach, and Morrissey should lead the guards. White is good all around needs to work on his right hand a little bit though. Boomerbach is a good shooter when he's on, but he needs to be consistent and needs to get way better at ball handling. Morrisey same as Boomerbach. Hamar has tremendous upside, needs to get more aggressive and work all around.
Last edited by basketballer on Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
basketballer

Postby poweraidman » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:40 pm

bballuvr wrote:In no particular order:

E-K: Knudson, Rott and Feist are a nice perimeter group. Feist is strong and a good shooter, Knudson is very quick and nice shooter. He runs the floor well. Rott will continue to progress and is a very nice athlete. If Berg goes to work on his game, he can be a nice post. Erickson and some others can come together to be a nice cast. E-K can be a factor in the race. Who will coach the new co-op?

LMM: Carpenter, Brandvold, Naze, Tollefson, Limesand can be a nice group. Carpenter should contnue to develop, Brandvold is solid, Naze very quick. Tollefson, 6'3", impressed me at tourneys as a strong, agressive player. Limesand can be a good emotional leader at times. Needs to mature and keep head. There are some nice kids around them that can be maybe a 7-8 deep rotation and a solid contender. Coach Lueck will have them playing well and might tighten the rotation next year.

BCN: Bartlett and Heinze are good. They need help though. No seniors on the roster next year. Magee and some others could come together and be around. Bartlett and Heinze are physically strong guys. Mature players, but need help. Any posts coming up in the program?

CP: Knodel, Moser, Tenaka, Dockter, Heinrich. These guys could be good and still young. Some nice quickness and a little size. Moser is a nice guard. Knodel works hard and will continue to improve. Tenaka kid impressed me at districts. These guys will be a factor. Paul Erbele seems to be a good coach to play for. He will be ready for these guys to move up. Most back for '09-'10. [Like all Dist 5 teams]

PBK: I don't know much about these guys. Thomas and Bennet back. Duke Larson can put guys together and get something out of them. Thomas good all around player. Bennet has good size and a good looking young player.

Ellendale: Hamar, Morrisey, Bommersbach. Need more info on others. They will be better next year. Curious about others thoughts on how much better. Hamar at 6'4"-5" is a nice developing post. Morrisey a good guard with upside for sure. Need more info on other Cards coming up.

LaMoure: very inexperienced. Lux at 6'4" has improved and is fast and strong enough to defend the post. Not threat offensively yet. Stemen, still growing, can play most spots and defends well. Needs to get stronger to handle being guarded by better defenders as he will be primary offensive threat. Aberle, very nice athlete and must get more agressive. He could be a nice scorer. Hample, Dunn and some others can come around to put a group together. A couple freshmen could fill gaps in rotation. Loboes maybe a factor late. People will not expect much from LaMoure. Great chance to surprise with much work.

E/k also has charlie taylor returning, he's inconsistant from 3 point but if he is on he makes 3s, he went 7 for 7 against tappen last year also he is a good rebounder and decent defender. and if taylor erikson doesnt turn over the ball, and realizes that he is a role player he will do ok, but if he plays like he did last year and thinks that he can do stuff he cant E/k is in for a long season. Knudson is by far their best player and the team is going to expect a lot from him.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby jumpshot22 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:17 pm

2008-09 District Predictions
#1 Central Prairie
#2 LMM
#3 BCN
#4 Edgeley/Kulm
#5 Lamoure
#6 PBK
#7 Ellendale

My top 3 are going to be Central Prairie-LMM-BCN-all of these teams return really talented players and some underclassmen that saw some extensive playing time last year. Central Prairie-LMM-and PBK played in the Region 3 last year and got some valuable experience that will lead them into the upcoming season. I do not see PBK making another magical run like they did last year-but nevertheless I would not count them out.
Surprise teams that could make some noise next year could be BCN and Edgeley/Kulm. It will be interesting to see on what Edgeley/Kulm will do as a co-op in their first year together.

I do not see a district 5 being ranked in a preseason top 10 poll-but I do see Central Prairie-LMM and BCN in the hoopsters preaseason top 40 teams.
For the first time in a couple of seasons there will be no clear cut favorite to come out of District 5-which will make for a much more competitive regular season-and having each district game mean something. I am looking forward to next season. Just think only 8.5 months to go!!
jumpshot22

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:38 pm

bballuvr wrote:In no particular order:

For edgeley-kulm, strobel from kulm, the head coach for the kulm boys last year, is going to be the head coach, and the assistant coaching job is still open.
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmarketing20 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:47 pm

E/K- They should be a good group of guys to watch out for. With Knudson, Taylor, Rott, Berg, Feist, Elhard, Erickson, and possibly Jones, Kietzman, Toay, and Diegel getting some time off the bench. They should be a strong group of guys. All they really need is a post presence, i mean they have one, it just comes down to if berg decides to play that night, he is VERY inconsistent. Knudson, going to be one of the best players on that team, along with Taylor and Rott. Taylor, making the all-district team last year needs to keep shooting and be a leader on the team. Rott needs to keep hustling and working on his dribbling and he should be a pretty solid player. Feist is a good defender and can shoot, but tries to do WAY too much and turns the ball over ALOT, Feist is more of a role player than anything, but he just doesnt realize it. Elhard should help out in the post presence if berg is slacking. And Erickson needs to be consistent and not force things and just be a role player. I guess it all just comes down to seeing how well they will play together, going on their first year of Co-op.
sportsmarketing20
NDPreps Starter

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:05 pm

Central prairie has lots of average players that play well together, they'll be towards the top of the district. The edgely kulm coop is going to be good with anderson, knudson, taylor, and rott. pbk returns thomas who played good for them this year. bcn returns two starters in magee and heinze. will be decent.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:23 pm

basketballer wrote:My picks:
1. LMM-Limesand is a great leader, but needs to be a more consistent scorer in order for them to have success. Carpenter is a good shooter and offensive threat, not the greatest defensively, but will he be able to rebound without Rode? Naze is solid, needs to work on his game though to get "good." Branvold's a good shooter, but needs to get quicker. Tollefson is athletic and good defensively, but needs to work on shooting, ball-handling, etc. I can see sophmore Austin Smith making an immediate impact next year. Lueck is a good coach.
2. Edgeley-Kulm- Berg could be very good if he worked at his game all around. Feist is a good defender, and pretty good offensive threat, just needs to become more consistent. Knudson is quick and a good defender and shooter, he also needs to become more consistent day in and day out. Rott is very athletic and if he works on game all-around ecspecially ball-handling he will be tough. Taylor is a 3 point threat when he's on. I can see Jones, Ericcson and freshman Beau Diegel being role players (mainly shooters just like Taylor). They really need Strobel to coach instead of the other guy, and I can see them beat LMM but also losing to Ellendale, they in general need to become consistent.
3. Central Prairie- Knodel, Moser, Tenaka, and Dockter work extremely well together. Moser is good, he needs to become more of a leader and just improve all-around. Knodel is a pretty good post who works hard just needs to keep working this off season. I don't know much about the rest of the team except that there was one who was a good shooter. Good coach who should get the most out of these guys.
4. BCN- Bartlett, Heinze, Hoveland, and Christ are all capable guards and will have to carry the load. Bartlett and Heinze are great shooters when they have someone to set him up. Christ is a sound player all around. I don't remember much about Hoveland. Magee i believe returns as a post.
5. PBK- Don't know much either. Other than Thomas will be challenging Limesand for district player of the year. He needs to develop his left hand and become a leader though. They have good coaching to help tough.
6. Ellendale-White, Boomersbach, and Morrissey should lead the guards. White is good all around needs to work on his right hand a little bit though. Boomerbach is a good shooter when he's on, but he needs to be consistent and needs to get way better at ball handling. Morrisey same as Boomerbach. Hamar has tremendous upside, needs to get more aggressive and work all around.

Good thoughts. Y no LaMoure? There are 7 teams in the district.

Poweraidman, thanks for the correction on C Taylor from EK. I thought he was a senior. He will help.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:28 pm

classb_fan00 wrote:Central prairie has lots of average players that play well together, they'll be towards the top of the district. The edgely kulm coop is going to be good with anderson, knudson, taylor, and rott. pbk returns thomas who played good for them this year. bcn returns two starters in magee and heinze. will be decent.

well if you are thinking simon anderson he graduates this year, there is no other anderson from edgeley or kulm,

no problem bballver haha
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby basketballer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:08 pm

bballuvr wrote:

Poweraidman, thanks for the correction on C Taylor from EK. I thought he was a senior. He will help.

All i will say about LaMoure is that they will finish 1-7 in the district.
basketballer

Postby classb_fan00 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:56 pm

poweraidman wrote:
classb_fan00 wrote:Central prairie has lots of average players that play well together, they'll be towards the top of the district. The edgely kulm coop is going to be good with anderson, knudson, taylor, and rott. pbk returns thomas who played good for them this year. bcn returns two starters in magee and heinze. will be decent.

well if you are thinking simon anderson he graduates this year, there is no other anderson from edgeley or kulm,

no problem bballver haha

oo i thought simon was a junior this year.
I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:45 pm

basketballer wrote:
bballuvr wrote:

Bballer, nice dis of LaMoure. They lost a lot obviously, but u are going to help motivate some guys. To write paragraphs on 6 teams and have a reply like u did is, well............. interesting let's say.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoopsstar2391 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:50 pm

bballuvr wrote:
basketballer wrote:
bballuvr wrote:

Bballer, nice dis of LaMoure. They lost a lot obviously, but u are going to help motivate some guys. To write paragraphs on 6 teams and have a reply like u did is, well............. interesting let's say.

i dont think he is trying to dis them, he is probably from there, and just doesn't want to be bias.
hoopsstar2391
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby poweraidman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:38 pm

Like i said before, LaMoure has some nice athletes but are very inexperienced. They have a lot to prove, and come district time the may make some noise..but doubhtful. All the other teams in the district and in the region are bringing back a lot of people who got some varsity minutes.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:58 pm

lamoure is in almost the exact same situation that pbk was in when guys like florhaug and beta graduated. that year they had an all-senior starting five and primarily used one kid (then it was hintz, now it is stemen) off the bench who returned. other than that they played some kids when they could, but it is pretty tough to consider that returning experience when they weren't able to get on the court much.
rep

Postby UNCfan2010 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:15 pm

I see LMM and Central Prarie really leading the way in this district. CP has guys like Nic Moser, Brock Knodel, and Fayville leading the way. LMM has Chad Limesand, Travis Brandvold, and Dillon Carpenter returning that were big for this team. These two teams played once in the regular season and then in a regional qualifying game. Both games were really close, and i expect these two teams to play a tight game again next year. The winner probably leading the district come season end. Hopefully we will see one of these two or another team from District 5 representing Region 3.
UNCfan2010
NDPreps Starter

Postby Michigan12 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:43 pm

i dont think bcn will be that great next year
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Postby Michigan12 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:47 pm

for basketballer which Christ are you talking about from BCN
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:11 pm

Michigan12 wrote:for basketballer which Christ are you talking about from BCN

Cody Christ, Brandon Christ's younger brother he is a very good looking freshmen (next year) who will see a lot of minutes for BCN next season.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 27, 2008 6:51 pm

Ya, Cody Christ, what NC_408 said.
basketballer

Postby classb_fan00 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 pm

basketballer wrote:Ya, Cody Christ, what NC_408 said.

i think Cody will be a good player for bcn but not next year. It's a big change going from 8th grade to varsity. I don't think he'll be ready for varsity next year.
Larry Bird
classb_fan00
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cubs fan » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:07 am

Reisenauer was out for shoulder injury after the third game, he is healthy now and will be back next year.He started this year and will again next year as a forward. Redlin will also be back, he was all district and a solid player will also be at forward . Hamar is developing into an good player, with a year of varsity ball and getting knocked around as a junior next year will be much stronger. Bommersbach is a good shooter and will be starting as guard along with Morrisey. White will be a sophmore next year and has proven to be a good player along with Tsochick and Lauder. Ellendale will be deep next year and will finish in the top 4 in the district.
cubs fan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Boys