Region 5 next year

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 5 next year

Postby anythingsports » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Any thoughts??
anythingsports

Re: Region 5 next year

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:04 pm

Toss up..all the teams were young last year except TLM..and they return some experience so it should be interesting. New Salem doesn't loose their horses, but either does Shiloh and the Rock. I would favor this district over Wilton, Garrison Washburn and TLM. But I don't believe anybody is going to dominate this year. Should be very competitive. I will probably predict New Salem due to the fact they made a deep run with some young kids..and they have never done that ever in the past, so they have overcome that hurdle and should be confidently dangerous next year...shiloh is fundamentally sound and well coached...the rock is always the wild card...wasn't impressed with wilton, garrison, underwood, washburn..don't believe they are serious threat.
bigpoppakdog

Postby 2EASY » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Wouldnt TLM be the favorite since they return their top 2 scorers from the 2nd place team this year. Also they return there 6th man. Wouldnt you think that if a few kids get in the gym they could have a dangerous team next season.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:50 pm

2EASY wrote:Wouldnt TLM be the favorite since they return their top 2 scorers from the 2nd place team this year. Also they return there 6th man. Wouldnt you think that if a few kids get in the gym they could have a dangerous team next season.

i think TLM will take this region again. Malzer is going to take over games even more now without Nelson, and Singer is just a beast.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby anythingsports » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:27 pm

New Salem kept Malzer to 17 points in the championship game, without Lopez and Nelson to worry about I think TLM is beatable and the region is up for grabs
anythingsports

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 pm

Yes, I would still consider TLM a very dangerous threat next year...only team out of that district that I would consider that...Still a toss-up in my mind though. TLM was definately a step higher than everyone else this year, don't believe they will be next year, which makes this region a toss-up. If I was going to make a prediction now, I would probably put my money on The Rock due to being extremely young this last year. But again, still so close between NS, Rock, TLM, Shiloh...i'm riding the fence I know, but just too close and too early to call.
bigpoppakdog

Postby jtdc492 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:20 pm

I believe Washburn could be the sleeper next year. They return Jeff Rasmussen and Camden Moran as the backbone, but they will need the JV kids to get in some gym time over the summer. Also Wilton retuns 5 players that either started or scored off the bench. And they have already been getting in the gym nightly. TL-M will be ranked as the favorite in the district just off the strength of this year's perfromance and the return of Malzer and Singer. I expect this region to be very competitive again.
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:23 pm

jtdc492 wrote:I believe Washburn could be the sleeper next year. They return Jeff Rasmussen and Camden Moran as the backbone, but they will need the JV kids to get in some gym time over the summer. Also Wilton retuns 5 players that either started or scored off the bench. And they have already been getting in the gym nightly. TL-M will be ranked as the favorite in the district just off the strength of this year's perfromance and the return of Malzer and Singer. I expect this region to be very competitive again.

Competitive 1-8?
or 2-8 like this year?

And does Turtle Lake-Mercer have 3-point shooters to replace Nelson, and them?
basketballer

Postby ndsportsnut » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:09 am

T.L.-M. has Trevor Thomas. As a Soph. he came off the bench and did a nice job. He hit some big threes in the Regional and also came into the Ryan game at state and hit a big three.(only shot he took). I think he will only get better. They also have a 6'3" Jr. in Derek Sondrol. He did'nt get alot of varsity action but he played pretty good on the JV. I think if he puts in some off-season work, he can take alot of pressure off Singer in the low post. This Region is gonna be a dog fight for sure. TL.-M. will definitley make another push for the big dance. But I think there are four teams that have a very legitimate shot at dethroning the Trojans as Region Champs. Only 11 months until we find out. lol.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby region_4_2008 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:27 pm

I think The Rock is gonna dominate the region!!!!!!!!!
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby underdog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:51 am

"Dominate" is a pretty strong word. They will be a good ball club but I doubt they will dominate this region. T.L.-M. has two all-staters coming back. There is not another team in the state that can say that. New Salem and Shiloh are also going to be tough as nails.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby region_4_2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:19 pm

St. Rock is gettin a 6'2 kid from Belcourt he's a pretty good athlete All-State material
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:37 pm

region_4_2008 wrote:St. Rock is gettin a 6'2 kid from Belcourt he's a pretty good athlete All-State material

what makes him all state? and how did the "get" him
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:10 pm

region_4_2008 wrote:St. Rock is gettin a 6'2 kid from Belcourt he's a pretty good athlete All-State material

How old is this kid?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby region_4_2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:53 pm

bballfan7 wrote:

How old is this kid?

NOt to sure....he's good though his name is Dalton Keplin
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:57 pm

Turtle Lake should be preseason favorites in this region...and i see them at state again next year
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby region_4_2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:00 pm

The Schwab wrote:Turtle Lake should be preseason favorites in this region...and i see them at state again next year

I don't honestly see that happening!
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:03 pm

have you seen Malzer play???? That Singer kid is pretty tough down low
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby basketballer » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:10 pm

The Schwab wrote:have you seen Malzer play???? That Singer kid is pretty tough down low

How many of their games have you seen though? Those 3 at state I am guessing, now Malzer the media darling, and Singer is the best soph. post. NOT saying it isn't true, but he had two great games, now he is amazing and the best player in the state, Carlblom had 3 horrible games and all of a sudden he was the most overrated player in the state.
basketballer

Postby region_4_2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:14 pm

Standing Rock has 3 studs with the Ironshield boys and Keplin there gonna take'em!!
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:15 pm

region_4_2008 wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:

How old is this kid?

NOt to sure....he's good though his name is Dalton Keplin

How? He was a senior at Turtle Mountain(Belcourt) this year.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Without this Keplin kid SR is going go be tough. The only thing TLM has over them is they have better chemistry. SR has more talent. If they can put it all together I would say SR could be better.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:50 pm

and TLM has Malzer....that's a huge advantage.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby underdog » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:54 pm

Two great games does not an all-stater make. Cameron has had many a great game. People seem to forget he's been starting since he was a Freshman. He has a chance to go over 2000 points for his career. There is only about twenty players in the history of Class B that have EVER done that. He is more than just a "media darling" Standing Rock might be good next year, but they WILL NOT dominate Region 5. T.L. might have a trick or two up their sleeve.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby region_4_2008 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:08 pm

Dalton's Gonna be playing next year
region_4_2008
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys