Region 4 next year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 4 next year?

Postby spalding23 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:32 pm

now that the seasons over and time to look to next year...who do you think looks like the favorites?..i got four winds, st. john, new rockford, and maybe langdon
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Region 4 next year?

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:06 am

spalding23 wrote:now that the seasons over and time to look to next year...who do you think looks like the favorites?..i got four winds, st. john, new rockford, and maybe langdon

2 words: Four Winds. Next question
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 am

Four Winds, St. John, Warwick and NR/S will be the top four teams in the Region. I dont think anyone else brings anybody back. Definetely will not be as balanced as this year. Carrington has a lot of underclassmen but they are still one year away from being considered one of the top teams IMO.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Vicarious » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

I think North Star could be included as a contender, although they may be a year away, too.
Vicarious
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am

Vicarious wrote:I think North Star could be included as a contender, although they may be a year away, too.

My bad, totally forgot about them. They are a young team with quite a few sophomores, like you said, they might be a year away from being really good, but they should win quite a few games next year.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:38 am

I think NRS probably would be the top contender at the beginning of the season. Four Winds a close second....they have young talent but losing Ironheart and Alberts will hurt more than people think. Warwick also has a lot of young talent, but losing Vernell with be tough on them. St John will still be lightning quick and have some good scorers, but its tough replace 19 rebounds a game in losing Parisien? Northstar also has some nice young talent coming up....couple good sophomores, freshmen, and even an 8th grade coming back. Carrington also has some nice young players coming back. Don't forget about RW, either. Some excellent sophs coming back...they should improve a lot next year.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:58 am

ndlionsfan wrote:I think NRS probably would be the top contender at the beginning of the season. Four Winds a close second....they have young talent but losing Ironheart and Alberts will hurt more than people think. Warwick also has a lot of young talent, but losing Vernell with be tough on them. St John will still be lightning quick and have some good scorers, but its tough replace 19 rebounds a game in losing Parisien? Northstar also has some nice young talent coming up....couple good sophomores, freshmen, and even an 8th grade coming back. Carrington also has some nice young players coming back. Don't forget about RW, either. Some excellent sophs coming back...they should improve a lot next year.

NDLions, would it kill you to once call FW a favorite? 3 years now you bury FW behind other teams and every year you are wrong. Not that it matters to anyone on SL, I'm just curious what you have against FW.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:02 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think NRS probably would be the top contender at the beginning of the season. Four Winds a close second....they have young talent but losing Ironheart and Alberts will hurt more than people think. Warwick also has a lot of young talent, but losing Vernell with be tough on them. St John will still be lightning quick and have some good scorers, but its tough replace 19 rebounds a game in losing Parisien? Northstar also has some nice young talent coming up....couple good sophomores, freshmen, and even an 8th grade coming back. Carrington also has some nice young players coming back. Don't forget about RW, either. Some excellent sophs coming back...they should improve a lot next year.

NDLions, would it kill you to once call FW a favorite? 3 years now you bury FW behind other teams and every year you are wrong. Not that it matters to anyone on SL, I'm just curious what you have against FW.

Well...has Four Winds ever been a clear cut favorite at the start of the last 3 years? I think what coach smith has done with that program is amazing, every year taking a team to state that isn't expected to go.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:16 pm

The Schwab wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Well...has Four Winds ever been a clear cut favorite at the start of the last 3 years? I think what coach smith has done with that program is amazing, every year taking a team to state that isn't expected to go.

Appartently that doesn't pull any weight.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:43 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

Two years ago, I said FW was the favorite and they went undefeated and made it to state. This year, I didn't think they were the favorite....even when it came to the region tourney. I don't think too many people picked them to go to state this year at all. Congrats to them...they played well and they deserved it. Next year they return some great young talent. I just stated that I think they will miss their two seniors more than people think. Another team that could surprise people next year is Wells County. I know their record was terrible this year, but they really came on at the end of the season and have everyone back. Next year I think the stronger teams will be in Dist 7 and whoever comes out as champion of that district will be the favorite to go to state. However, that is what I said about Dist 8 this year and FW proved me wrong.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:57 pm

Miss the seniors more than we think! last year we lost a 2 time allstater who was also a Mr. BB candidate. Zach and CJ will be missed but not anywhere near losing a PG like Tony. Keep comin up with the reasons though, why you think FW isn't the favorite.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:24 pm

4 winds made it to state the last 2 years

wow i must of missed the first day of games on the T.V.
=)
toughregion2

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:00 pm

toughregion2 wrote:4 winds made it to state the last 2 years

wow i must of missed the first day of games on the T.V.
=)

Wow really? O yeah I guess I missed all of the 1st round on TV too...cuz I was there in person to cheer on the INDIANS!! :mrgreen: In case you didn't hear they took 5th, I kno rite cons. champs again not DEAD LAST like some people thought. Great job Four Winds..I predict a 4Peat!!

GO INDIANS
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby armedndangerous » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:22 pm

As average and balanced as Region 4 was this year I really feel like next year it may be just as balanced but the level of play will jump up a notch.

From District 7

4 Winds is gonna be an improved team and they are my preseason favorite until someone beats them. I do think that they are going to miss CJ and Alberts more than others think. They wont be a terrific shooting team next year unless olie D improves his jumper a lot. Lawerence and maybe Lovejoy are gonna be the 2 deep threats they have.

NR-S return 4 guys that played quite a bit. Guler is very skilled though sometimes he didnt seem into big games. Almers and Myrhie(sp) are nice players and pretty good athletes. Langley is a tough defender but not a great scorer.

Carrington had a nice JV squad plus they started 4 underclassmen they could be very tough next year although this year they just didnt seem to care all the time. Unruh and Barton will probably be their 2 best players and I could see them in a lot of different places within the district

Warwick brings back a ton but will miss Vernell so much I dont know if they even get out of districts. Really a lot depends on the improvement of Black and B. Jackson and maybe the littler Langstaff if those kids grow and mature Warwick could be tough. We all know Cavanaugh and Kyle Langstaff will show up and be very good.

Lakota returns only Ackerman but had a good JV team and has a pretty good sophmore crew that should step in and fill some of the open roster spots. They could be the darkhorse in the race and I think they will make regionals again

I see these as the top 5 teams in District 7 other than them I dont see a team with a real shot at winning it.

Harvey returns a lot but werent very good
Same with Wells Co.
Maddock and Midkota bring up the rear

District 8

St. John brings it all back but Colbretti which could be worse for them then they realize they have relatively little size without him. The Davis's and Henry should be able to get them back in contention though.

North Star was young and deep this season and they have size something very few teams in this region can make the claim too. I know this a very good shooting ball club and I would expect them to be in regionals next season

Langdon had a JV squad that only lost 1 game (to Lakota) and they return 2 starters I believe. Zeis really came into his own during the season. It will maybe take some time for this team to get going but in the end I think they will be right there. Losing Overby Chaput and Shower takes away a lot of the size that they had and that will hurt.

Munich Starkweather is kinda a mystery to me they have back 2 gaurds and a wing player from last season. Wright can really hit when he is on. Schommer is solid if nothing else and Travis Beck is a really good athlete. I think losing their coach may hurt them though and I know they had lots of athletes on the bench I think they make regionals but probably an early exit.

The Rest
RW - dont know much
RRL - They return the best player on their team but this team was up and down this year and probably will be next year
ML - Lose Carlson Lose Haagenson they are in for a rough time and the first losing season in a while
AE - Just no luck here they probably dont get out of the cellar
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby spalding23 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:57 pm

armedndangerous wrote:As average and balanced as Region 4 was this year I really feel like next year it may be just as balanced but the level of play will jump up a notch.

From District 7

4 Winds is gonna be an improved team and they are my preseason favorite until someone beats them. I do think that they are going to miss CJ and Alberts more than others think. They wont be a terrific shooting team next year unless olie D improves his jumper a lot. Lawerence and maybe Lovejoy are gonna be the 2 deep threats they have.

NR-S return 4 guys that played quite a bit. Guler is very skilled though sometimes he didnt seem into big games. Almers and Myrhie(sp) are nice players and pretty good athletes. Langley is a tough defender but not a great scorer.

Carrington had a nice JV squad plus they started 4 underclassmen they could be very tough next year although this year they just didnt seem to care all the time. Unruh and Barton will probably be their 2 best players and I could see them in a lot of different places within the district

Warwick brings back a ton but will miss Vernell so much I dont know if they even get out of districts. Really a lot depends on the improvement of Black and B. Jackson and maybe the littler Langstaff if those kids grow and mature Warwick could be tough. We all know Cavanaugh and Kyle Langstaff will show up and be very good.

Lakota returns only Ackerman but had a good JV team and has a pretty good sophmore crew that should step in and fill some of the open roster spots. They could be the darkhorse in the race and I think they will make regionals again

I see these as the top 5 teams in District 7 other than them I dont see a team with a real shot at winning it.

Same with Wells Co.

District 8

St. John brings it all back but Colbretti which could be worse for them then they realize they have relatively little size without him. The Davis's and Henry should be able to get them back in contention though.

North Star was young and deep this season and they have size something very few teams in this region can make the claim too. I know this a very good shooting ball club and I would expect them to be in regionals next season

Langdon had a JV squad that only lost 1 game (to Lakota) and they return 2 starters I believe. Zeis really came into his own during the season. It will maybe take some time for this team to get going but in the end I think they will be right there. Losing Overby Chaput and Shower takes away a lot of the size that they had and that will hurt.

Munich Starkweather is kinda a mystery to me they have back 2 gaurds and a wing player from last season. Wright can really hit when he is on. Schommer is solid if nothing else and Travis Beck is a really good athlete. I think losing their coach may hurt them though and I know they had lots of athletes on the bench I think they make regionals but probably an early exit.

The Rest
RW - dont know much
RRL - They return the best player on their team but this team was up and down this year and probably will be next year
ML - Lose Carlson Lose Haagenson they are in for a rough time and the first losing season in a while

He left?...when?
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseballlvr » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:26 pm

spalding23 wrote:
armedndangerous wrote:As average and balanced as Region 4 was this year I really feel like next year it may be just as balanced but the level of play will jump up a notch.

From District 7

Same with Wells Co.

District 8

The Rest
RW - dont know much

He left?...when?

Who are you talking about when you say He?
baseballlvr
NDPreps Starter

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:16 pm

My guess is Four Winds again, they got some talented kids coming back and Smith there coach has done a great job with that program.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:18 am

has there been any more talk of carrington going to district 5? i can't remember if the person who talked about it earlier was just talking about it or if they had said it was in the works.
rep

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:09 am

I would make sense. Right now dist 7 has 9 teams....one of the few districts with more than 8. I know those two southern districts have lost a lot of teams in the past few years, too.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby B_Baller » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:53 am

Everyones saying FW will miss Ironheart and Alberts??? :?
I think next year Demery Lawrence will step up and break Ironhearts records easily. I've seen this kid shoot so yeah, Ironheart was a threat dont get me wrong, but what is there to miss really. There soph. group will step up no doubt. The way I see it, losing them two just makes them strive harder to be better. I predict a 4-peat. Ollie will just be unstopable next year. He is a sophmore and made the all state tourney team. just imagine how good he will be next year when he hits the weight room and the gym this summer. He should be one of the players to watch next year I think. Travis Laroque shoot be a good point guard next year. Hes not as good of a shooter as Tony Ironheart but he can throw dimes, I watched him in jv and varsity games and he is a good passer. I'm juss sayin watch out next year :lol:
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby spalding23 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:41 pm

baseballlvr wrote:
spalding23 wrote:

From District 7

Same with Wells Co.

District 8

The Rest
RW - dont know much

He left?...when?

Who are you talking about when you say He?

Their head coach..john wirth
spalding23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby armedndangerous » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:29 am

Read in the Fargo Forum Article about Munich that he was gone next year. Something about not enough family time and his wife having to drive for work a lot. Family is pretty important so cant really fault him for leaving.
armedndangerous
NDPreps Starter

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:54 pm

armedndangerous wrote:Read in the Fargo Forum Article about Munich that he was gone next year. Something about not enough family time and his wife having to drive for work a lot. Family is pretty important so cant really fault him for leaving.

I also think they are having another kid. It will be interesting to see who takes over that job. Losing the seniors hurts a lot but they had a pretty decent B squad so they might struggle a bit next year but they might be decent in a couple of years.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brockstar41 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:58 pm

Carrington and North Star. No other team has the size they do and it could be fun to watch Lindal take on Barton. They're both big but with constrasting styles. Lindal likes to shoot and run the court, while Barton likes getting it down low.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 pm

brockstar41 wrote:Carrington and North Star. No other team has the size they do and it could be fun to watch Lindal take on Barton. They're both big but with constrasting styles. Lindal likes to shoot and run the court, while Barton likes getting it down low.

Yeah they both have really good JV team both teams got good younger athletes
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys