Region 4 next year?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 4 next year?

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:05 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
spalding23 wrote:now that the seasons over and time to look to next year...who do you think looks like the favorites?..i got four winds, st. john, new rockford, and maybe langdon

2 words: Four Winds. Next question

I have herd that some of four winds players are 19 and 20 years old. i would like to no there real age.
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:09 pm

NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
spalding23 wrote:now that the seasons over and time to look to next year...who do you think looks like the favorites?..i got four winds, st. john, new rockford, and maybe langdon

I have herd that some of four winds players are 19 and 20 years old. i would like to no there real age.

If they are 19 years old they can still play HS ball. When they turn 20 they can't. That is just typical gossip that you'll hear from people who are envious of others success. And I know first hand that none of the freshman and sophs who are coming back are no where near 19 years of age. Other than posting birth certificates, which I'm sure would violate their civil rights, thats the closest you'll come to knowing the truth, so you'll have to take that as gospel.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:39 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

k i have to agree that four winds is the early favorite, but i have an honest question? can you name the other teams in the regoin without looking? youve never said anything about a different school. not that they might have a good team and go deep in regionals. hes a good player. nothing. just that four winds will blow them all out of any gym they play in and that the all-staters wouldnt even see the floor on four winds' team....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:13 pm

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

k i have to agree that four winds is the early favorite, but i have an honest question? can you name the other teams in the regoin without looking? youve never said anything about a different school. not that they might have a good team and go deep in regionals. hes a good player. nothing. just that four winds will blow them all out of any gym they play in and that the all-staters wouldnt even see the floor on four winds' team....

Where in my previous posts have I made those claims? I am well aware of the other teams and players in region 4 but don't comment on them cause I don't care about them. I'll let the FW coaches worry about'em.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:00 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Where in my previous posts have I made those claims? I am well aware of the other teams and players in region 4 but don't comment on them cause I don't care about them. I'll let the FW coaches worry about'em.

check our the topics that have a a four winds game as the title...."wont even be a game, i predict FW by 20", something along those lines everytime. All-State topic.....Ollie D and CJ IH are better then the players on this list...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby poweraidman » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:31 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think NRS probably would be the top contender at the beginning of the season. Four Winds a close second....they have young talent but losing Ironheart and Alberts will hurt more than people think. Warwick also has a lot of young talent, but losing Vernell with be tough on them. St John will still be lightning quick and have some good scorers, but its tough replace 19 rebounds a game in losing Parisien? Northstar also has some nice young talent coming up....couple good sophomores, freshmen, and even an 8th grade coming back. Carrington also has some nice young players coming back. Don't forget about RW, either. Some excellent sophs coming back...they should improve a lot next year.

NDLions, would it kill you to once call FW a favorite? 3 years now you bury FW behind other teams and every year you are wrong. Not that it matters to anyone on SL, I'm just curious what you have against FW.

hey nativegolfer, it seems you only talk about your team fw why dont you talk about other teams to, sure FW has been good and will be a good team this year, but i am sure other teams in their district or region are capable of beating them. Every other post i see of yours is bragging about FW, and you bash other people who have another team beating them. I think you should be a little more open minded.
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:34 pm

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

check our the topics that have a a four winds game as the title...."wont even be a game, i predict FW by 20", something along those lines everytime. All-State topic.....Ollie D and CJ IH are better then the players on this list...

Check the author of those posts, it wasn't me.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:35 pm

poweraidman wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:I think NRS probably would be the top contender at the beginning of the season. Four Winds a close second....they have young talent but losing Ironheart and Alberts will hurt more than people think. Warwick also has a lot of young talent, but losing Vernell with be tough on them. St John will still be lightning quick and have some good scorers, but its tough replace 19 rebounds a game in losing Parisien? Northstar also has some nice young talent coming up....couple good sophomores, freshmen, and even an 8th grade coming back. Carrington also has some nice young players coming back. Don't forget about RW, either. Some excellent sophs coming back...they should improve a lot next year.

NDLions, would it kill you to once call FW a favorite? 3 years now you bury FW behind other teams and every year you are wrong. Not that it matters to anyone on SL, I'm just curious what you have against FW.

hey nativegolfer, it seems you only talk about your team fw why dont you talk about other teams to, sure FW has been good and will be a good team this year, but i am sure other teams in their district or region are capable of beating them. Every other post i see of yours is bragging about FW, and you bash other people who have another team beating them. I think you should be a little more open minded.

See above.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:44 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
poweraidman wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

See above.

did you notice how he put up a close 2nd. just because he knows what is happening off the rez doesnt mean ya gotta go off on him. just because theyve won this year doesnt automatically make them the favorite. is LaMour the favorite in Region 3 next year? not even close. and would it kill you to admit other teams are good too instead of yellin at people when they say someone other then Four Winds might have a decent team to make a run.
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:45 pm

by nativegolfer on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

ndfan wrote:
First Team
Austin Dufault
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Anthony Kliniske
Cameron Malzer

2nd team
Logan Carlblom
Tanner Carpenter
Reid Haagenson
Jarek Hanson,
Chad Marshall
Adam Randall
Caleb Shockman
Grant Singer
Austin Vetter
Seth Wisthoff

CONGRATS TO ALL
This whole thing is a bunch of BS! How you don't include CJ IH or Ollie D., from a team that did well at state, is messed up! Nothing but a butt kissin, popularity contest! And yes I'll say it, Native Americans always get the shaft in these things!

check the author....o wait.....that is you???
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:01 pm

baseball wrote:by nativegolfer on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

ndfan wrote:
First Team
Austin Dufault
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Anthony Kliniske
Cameron Malzer

2nd team
Logan Carlblom
Tanner Carpenter
Reid Haagenson
Jarek Hanson,
Chad Marshall
Adam Randall
Caleb Shockman
Grant Singer
Austin Vetter
Seth Wisthoff

CONGRATS TO ALL
This whole thing is a bunch of BS! How you don't include CJ IH or Ollie D., from a team that did well at state, is messed up! Nothing but a butt kissin, popularity contest! And yes I'll say it, Native Americans always get the shaft in these things!

nothing. just that four winds will blow them all out of any gym they play in and that the all-staters wouldnt even see the floor on four winds' team.... Where does it say that in my post? Thats what I thought. I'll say what I want in my posts. If it bothers you than don't read it! Although it does amuse me that it does bother you. So keep replying.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:04 pm

doesnt really bother all that much....its just that im lookin for answers why you yell at people when they talk about someone other then four winds and you dont talk aobut anyone BUT four winds. you can say what you want in your posts, im not denying that. but so can everyone else so why rip on them when they say something you dont agree with?
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:24 pm

baseball wrote:doesnt really bother all that much....its just that im lookin for answers why you yell at people when they talk about someone other then four winds and you dont talk aobut anyone BUT four winds. you can say what you want in your posts, im not denying that. but so can everyone else so why rip on them when they say something you dont agree with?

If your lookin for answers then the only thing I can tell you is thats the way God made me and I'm not gonna apologize to anybody for that. And don't you think your'e bein a little dramatic when you say I yell at people when they talk about some one other than FW. If that was the case I would be on here 24/7 responding to every post. What team do you follow? You can't tell me that if someone ragged on your team you wouldn't respond.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:42 pm

thats the difference though. the guy said four winds is a close 2nd and you blew up at him. there is absolutely nothing wrong with 2nd in the region. if someone came on here and said my team would be 2nd i wouldnt respond. then again maybe the guy who said four winds is a close 2nd is racist, like the media who votes all-state, and didnt pick them because they are on the rez....
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:05 pm

It's clearly evident that Native Golfer is a passionate Four Winds fan. Wheather or not he takes in consideration of other teams that he has no interest for should be none of your(baseball) concern. Everyone's entitled to their opinions. Saying that he rips on everyone when they have someone beating Four Winds is very similar to how you rip on people when they disagree with you about Adam Randall being the best sophmore in the state.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:05 pm

four winds, st.john, and new rockford will all be good next year.........four winds returns everybody except alberts and ironheart but had a lot of underclassmen that were really good, st.john returns the whole team except parisien, new rockford returns all of the starters but one or two i think(please tell me if i'm wrong)
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:26 pm

sports for life wrote:four winds, st.john, and new rockford will all be good next year.........four winds returns everybody except alberts and ironheart but had a lot of underclassmen that were really good, st.john returns the whole team except parisien, new rockford returns all of the starters but one or two i think(please tell me if i'm wrong)

NRS lost 3 starters, Nicolai, Ystaas and Allmaras.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:27 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:by nativegolfer on Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

ndfan wrote:
First Team
Austin Dufault
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Anthony Kliniske
Cameron Malzer

2nd team
Logan Carlblom
Tanner Carpenter
Reid Haagenson
Jarek Hanson,
Chad Marshall
Adam Randall
Caleb Shockman
Grant Singer
Austin Vetter
Seth Wisthoff

CONGRATS TO ALL

nothing. just that four winds will blow them all out of any gym they play in and that the all-staters wouldnt even see the floor on four winds' team.... Where does it say that in my post? Thats what I thought. I'll say what I want in my posts. If it bothers you than don't read it! Although it does amuse me that it does bother you. So keep replying.

What about TI last yr for Mr. BBALL wouldn't say the get the shaft CJ does nothing Sept shoot 40 ft out nothing special
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby B_Baller » Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:54 am

Well Native Golfer, I see were you are comin from not noticing a fine young athlete like Oliver Dauphanais. But I don't think it has anything to do racially!! Excluding him is messed up. He should of got honorable mention or something (I'm exaggerating). He gave everyone a show at state averaging what 9 reb. a game plus like 13 pts. I think he averaged 4 man. but im sayin he is a good player. He always had a good game and always brought something to the table every game. He made watching FW exciting. To not notice him as one of the top players like Shockman or Shipman. What is so different about them. Why couldn't Oliver get noticed like they did. He is as good at the game as they are. I bet if he went to a different school them maybe he would of been notice.

As for CJ IH, he was a good player but not all state first or second team. He shoot 40 fts. and hardly played defense. I think the main reason teams scored so high on FW is because CJ would run up to the guard at half and try to steal it. All a guard would have to do is cross-over or reverse it around the back the he had an open lane until someone stepped up to help out mainly leaving some under the hoop open. I don't mean to call him down but if he had some good defense he could of made second team. I know he has alot of steals but the fact or the matter is he didn't play defense the whole game like he should of. He slacked and they scored.
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indians Alumni » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:09 am

NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

WHAT AN IDIOTIC STATEMENT! FW's has graduated 17 year olds, Dale Alberts was 17, I think Sean Gourd was 17 when he graduated too! So don't just fire out ignorant comments like that! What about the full bearded kids I see playing this year? You question their age? I don't think so!
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up. ~Muhammed Ali
Indians Alumni
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:36 am

Ollie D. as you like to call him is a great player and is only going to get better. But I remember him playing JV for about half the season until Coach Smith decided to move him into the starting line up. I also don't think CJ Ironhart is as good as any of them players. Hes strictly a three point shooter, atleast thats how it looks when you watch him play. He just floats the 3 point line.

I do agree, Ollie D. is a great basketball player, but I dont think he was deserving of all state this year. Maybe the next 2 years. It don't help the resume' when you play JV some of the year.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 pm

Indians Alumni wrote:
NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

WHAT AN IDIOTIC STATEMENT! FW's has graduated 17 year olds, Dale Alberts was 17, I think Sean Gourd was 17 when he graduated too! So don't just fire out ignorant comments like that! What about the full bearded kids I see playing this year? You question their age? I don't think so!

Why are you so defensive? I am pretty sure Zack Alberts is 5th year senior. Should have been the same class as Toni Ironheart. How old does that make him? I also wonder if he was eligible? What about John Lawrence? Played ball until he was 19 and if he would have graduated he would have been 20. I would also question his eligibility. Should have graduated in 2003 but he ended playing into the 2005 season. So it is not an ignorant comment. It is a truthful comment.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:35 pm

We do not need to throw out accusations like this...Topic Locked.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys