ALL STATE

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

ALL STATE

Postby 2EASY » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:19 pm

Now that the season is over, I am wondering who everyone thinks the first team and second team are. Also I am wondering when they announce the all state teams.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Re: ALL STATE

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:23 pm

2EASY wrote:Now that the season is over, I am wondering who everyone thinks the first team and second team are. Also I am wondering when they announce the all state teams.

first team- Malzer, Mauch, Dufault, Randall, Shipman/Shockman.

second team- Carlblom, Klinskie, Carpenter, Vetter, Decotaeu, Wisthoff, Shipman/Shockman
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:28 pm

what kinda numbers did Marshall put up this year? Singer could be a sleeper guy to get in..undersize post averaging 18 and 10.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 2EASY » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:29 pm

Marshall had pretty good numbers i would say somthing like 21 and 8
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:32 pm

2EASY wrote:Marshall had pretty good numbers i would say somthing like 21 and 8

o crap, yea i did forget about marshall
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:57 pm

Do they go by position or is it just whoever they think is the best player(s)? It would be tough to put 5 centers on one team.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:08 pm

1st Team-Austin Default,Justin Shipman,Cameron Malzer,Jaime Mauch,Anthony Kliniske

2nd Team-Austin Vetter,Chad Marshall,Caleb Shockmen,Seth Wishtoff,Logan Carlblom

Maybe-Rudy Youngbird,Jarek Hansen,Riley DeCouteu,Brookes Backes,Patrick Wolf,Evan Nelson

Just my opinion
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:45 pm

eastwood99 wrote:1st Team-Austin Default,Justin Shipman,Cameron Malzer,Jaime Mauch,Anthony Kliniske

2nd Team-Austin Vetter,Chad Marshall,Caleb Shockmen,Seth Wishtoff,Logan Carlblom

Maybe-Rudy Youngbird,Jarek Hansen,Riley DeCouteu,Brookes Backes,Patrick Wolf,Evan Nelson

Just my opinion

Adam Randall??? anywhere?? whens the last time, if ever, a sophomore was first team??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:35 pm

eastwood99 wrote:1st Team-Austin Default,Justin Shipman,Cameron Malzer,Jaime Mauch,Anthony Kliniske

Just my opinion

CJ IH or Ollie D from the a team that made it to state!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:48 pm

i dont think just because you make state your team deserves a player on all state
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby lightning » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:30 pm

obviously, my opinion is bias, but Randall is def derserving of 2nd team AT LEAST, if u like to go by numbers his scoring average was within the top 5 in the state and i believe his rebounding was 9.9. The real kicker is watching him play, i suggest watching him at least 1 once before he gets out of high school. You will be very impressed.
lightning
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:49 pm

good interview. very humble. kid puts up 40-plus points and he's going to say his teammates did a good job finding him open shots or doing something on the defensive end.

great all-around game to the point where i struggle to classify him. is he a 2 or a 3? he can bring the ball up the court, rebound, score, play defense. one of those kids where no matter who steele-dawson is playing the next couple of years, he makes them a threat to win.
rep

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:55 pm

baseball wrote:i dont think just because you make state your team deserves a player on all state

I didn't put their names out there for the heck of it. They got numbers to back it up also. CJ had 96 3 pointers and averaged 21 ppg, Ollie averaged 17.9 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 assts and 3.5 steals. I guarentee you there's gonna be players on the all state team who don't have those kind of numbers.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:10 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:i dont think just because you make state your team deserves a player on all state

I didn't put their names out there for the heck of it. They got numbers to back it up also. CJ had 96 3 pointers and averaged 21 ppg, Ollie averaged 17.9 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 assts and 3.5 steals. I guarentee you there's gonna be players on the all state team who don't have those kind of numbers.

CJ may make 2nd team....i'm not sure i would vote for him, but when he gets hot he's one of the best in the state. If Ollie did average those numbers that's pretty impressive, but he probably wont make it because he was overshadowed by CJ and Lovejoy, who by the way, I feel will be a two time all state selection by the time he's done.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:27 pm

With some of the names mentioned, good players all, Ben Holen from LaMoure deserves mention.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:28 pm

Haagenson from Minn-Leeds.............19.5ppg 6.8rpg 5.5apg 2.1spg
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:09 pm

When do the all state teams come out?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:22 am

rep wrote:good interview. very humble. kid puts up 40-plus points and he's going to say his teammates did a good job finding him open shots or doing something on the defensive end.

great all-around game to the point where i struggle to classify him. is he a 2 or a 3? he can bring the ball up the court, rebound, score, play defense. one of those kids where no matter who steele-dawson is playing the next couple of years, he makes them a threat to win.

agree, very humble kid. had 40 to open the season, i told him wow not a bad start and his response was. yea it was tappen, wouldnt look to much into it
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:05 am

baseball wrote:
rep wrote:good interview. very humble. kid puts up 40-plus points and he's going to say his teammates did a good job finding him open shots or doing something on the defensive end.

agree, very humble kid. had 40 to open the season, i told him wow not a bad start and his response was. yea it was tappen, wouldnt look to much into it

I wasn't aware that humbleness was a criteria for being on the all state team.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:29 am

The Schwab wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

CJ may make 2nd team....i'm not sure i would vote for him, but when he gets hot he's one of the best in the state. If Ollie did average those numbers that's pretty impressive, but he probably wont make it because he was overshadowed by CJ and Lovejoy, who by the way, I feel will be a two time all state selection by the time he's done.

I'd put Ollie D on the 2nd team long before I'd even consider Ironheart. Dauphanais does a lot more for his team with his rebounding, defense, and assists. Ironheart just sits out at the 3pt line and waits for the ball to cast away.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:35 am

Here are my picks for allstate....

1st team - Dufault, Shipman, and Mauch are guaranteed basically because of being Mr Bball candidates. Malzer should be 1st team because of his stats and the press he got at state. And I'd go with Randall for my last pick. His stats are unbelieveable, just don't know if they'll pick a soph to the 1st team. I think he definitely deserves it, tho.

2nd team - Wisthoff, Carpenter, Shockman, Carlbloum, Kliniske I think are almost locks. The other 5 will be between Haagenson, Thompson (Richland), Hansen (TC), Marshall, Dauphanais, Singer, and Backes/Vetter. Don't think 2 from Ryan will get on and don't know who I'd pick between the two.

Anybody think of someone I left off?
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsnut » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:53 am

1st Team:

Malzer
Shipman
Mauch
Kilinski

2nd Team:

Wistoff
Singer
Carlblom
Shockman
Vetter
Haagenson
Backes
Randall
Carpenter
Marshall
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:14 pm

ndsportsnut wrote:1st Team:

Malzer
Shipman
Mauch
Kilinski

2nd Team:

Wistoff
Singer
Carlblom
Shockman
Vetter
Haagenson
Backes
Randall
Carpenter
Marshall

Take off Wistoff and add Dauphinais.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:49 pm

Wisthoff will be allstate guaranteed. He averaged something like 22 pts and 15 reb a game, was region athlete of the year, and was the sole reason his team won as many games as they did. He won't be left off. Take off one of the Ryan players (I don't think both will make it) and put Dauphinais in that place.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsnut » Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:22 pm

I can't take Wistoff from the list. I've seen him play the last few years and he is a complete player. Can shoot the lights out, rebounds well and plays tough D. I might trade Backes for Dephinius (sorry spelling) If I knew more of his numbers. Plus I already have one Soph. on my list who I think is maybe a little better right now all around. (Singer). He averaged a double/double and had some HUGE assingments at state where he played awesome. (Vetter,Shockman,Kilinski). I think Dephinius definitely has a chance to make it, if not this year, the next. He is a solid player and is exciting to watch.

Remember, this is just my list. It's definitely open for discussion.

Just like everything else, there are going to boys left out that are definitly "All-State" worthy. There is only room for so many.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys