ALL STATE

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: ALL STATE

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:57 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndsportsnut wrote:1st Team:

Malzer
Shipman
Mauch
Kilinski

2nd Team:

Wistoff
Singer
Carlblom
Shockman
Vetter
Haagenson
Backes
Randall
Carpenter
Marshall

Take off Wistoff and add Dauphinais.

Dauphinais does not come close to being an all state player. He is quick, and the only one who plays D on his team, but he cant shoot to save his life.

Wow is that an ignorant post! You don't average 17.9 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 stls and 3 assts and lead your team to state and not be on the all state team. Ollie is the reason FW made it thru regionals. He had 3 of the best all around games i've ever seen from a high schooler not to mention a SOPHOMORE. And to say FW doesn't play "D", are you kiddin? You don't make it to the state tourney by not playin defense. Ollie should have been on the All State team, plain and simple. If he were on a team not from a reservation you know he would have been. Politics, politics!

I guess i was not so dumb because well i was right Ollie D is not a all state caliber player this year.
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Re: ALL STATE

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:10 am

nativegolfer wrote:
baller01 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
baseball wrote:and dont even play the race/nationality card. "if he didnt play on a rez he would be." wow...if thats the case Irohheart wouldnt have been a Mr. Basketball finalist last year. maybe thats why they didnt win state...the refs were against them cuz they were from the rez. dont even do it man

Hey, like I stated before, how can players like CJ IH, Ollie, Rudy YB, Jalen F., Riley D. and Vernell J. not be on the team? Those players where at least as good as any of those guys on the second team! Are you kiddin me! FW is 94-15 over the last 4 seasons with 3 state tourney appearences and we have had only one all stater in that time. If MPCG, Linton or DT had that kind of success they would have a player or 2 on the team every year. Just tired of Native Americans being overlooked.

Are you serious? So just because they are Native Americans means they don't have the same chance at all-state? I'm sure that's why Austin Dufault got Mr. Basketball over Jordan May becase May is African American huh? There are A LOT of good players that don't make all-state. Not just Native Americans. Garrett Zent from RT, Nic Harding from Midkota, Ryan Drevlow from North Sargent, Lucas Bloms from Berthold, Robby Morrey from DT, Ross Severson and Seth Nicols from Dakota Praire, Brooks Backes from Minot Ryan, Logan Carlblom from Lisbon, Clint Urvand from Divide County, Matthew Kvernum from Trinity Christian, etc. all deserved to be all-staters and they are all white. Don't come on here and say that just because Ironhart, Youngbird, etc. are Native Americans means they are overlooked. 15 guys make all-state. There are A LOT more then 15 good players in the state. Not everyone gets all state.

There are 17 players on the team and Carlblom did make it. Harding, Nichols and Severson all came to FW and where blown off the court. No matter what logic anyone on this forum uses, I haven't heard a good reason why any of the players I mentioned weren't on the team. Their numbers were as good as any of the players on the team and their teams just as successful. The answers are deeper than can be settled on the forum and my head hurts from bashing it against the wall, I'm out.

Year after year, good players, players probably deserving to be all-state, get left off the team. Thats the nature of the beast when only 15-17 players are selected out of the whole state. I imagine New Rockford could have claimed bias if a FW player got selected on the all-state team and no one did from NR, since NR beat FW twice...the point is, its flat out wrong to insinuate that the people in charge of voting for this team would delibrately leave off an individual because of race/place of residence. Looking back at the all-state teams/Lions all-star teams of the past, every year their are players that were selected that likely could have been replaced by another with similar stats/abilities.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys