ALL STATE

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: ALL STATE

Postby cubsfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:05 pm

First team:
Austin Default
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Cameron Malzer
Anthony Kliniske
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby magic715 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:11 pm

scc wrote:Kliniske averaged about 20 & 12, while Vetter was around 17 & 9. That doesn't necessarily mean one is better than the other, but it's food for thought.

I had never seen Kliniske play b4 state tourney was very impressed with him. but when thinking about all state, i hope every one thinks about all aspects of the game, and how a team plays, Vetter plays in a more slow down offense, so numbers will be smaller, not saying he is better, just stating that has less shots i am pretty sure, they dont play up and down the court. Now my all state team, some from seeing them and others from what i heard or just know. Mauch, Default, Shipman, Malzer, Carpenter, Kliniske, Wisthoff, shockman, Randall, Jerek Hanson, Vetter, Haagenson, Kirsch, Marshall, Puritan. Now these are not necessarily who i think should be all state , but who i think will. Now for some names left off and why, Youngbird, might make it, but i felt he was only about offense. Backes, as much as i would love to see him on ;there, he wont make it, cuz already 2 from his region, unlikely for a 3rd, and if there is a 3rd, Bloms(from Berthold) could argueably be #3. Carlbloom, probably better than he looked at the tourney, so easily could make it, aand maybe will. I personally was not impressed with Marshall, thought he was selfish, but cuz he made it last yr , will make it this yr too. randall , i know nothing about him other than what i have heard on here, so his reputation gives me the thought that he will make it. Puritan, again know nothing about him , other than have heard good things, so that one is a guess. My guarantees are, Mauch, Default, Shipman, Malzer, Wisthoff. Shockman.
magic715

Postby forloveofthegame » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:27 pm

Whistoff is a good player. Not 1st team all state though. Yes, Seth has big numbers. Go check out Glenburn's team stats. He shoots like 20% most games and has a very high turnover average. He worked really hard with the team he had, but he is not all state material. Many in Region 6 think he shoots way too much. I'm sure he is used to having to take things into his own hands, but he misses alot of open teammates cause he is so busy trying to get open and shoot himself. Region 6 fans also very much disliked his attitude against his own teammates on the court.
forloveofthegame
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:51 pm

rep

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:02 pm

Shockman deserved 1st team over Shipman no doubt in my mind and arguably maybe Kliniske. My other complaint is Marshall, I have seen way better than him.
basketballer

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:04 pm

First Team
Austin Dufault
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Anthony Kliniske
Cameron Malzer

2nd team
Logan Carlblom
Tanner Carpenter
Reid Haagenson
Jarek Hanson,
Chad Marshall
Adam Randall
Caleb Shockman
Grant Singer
Austin Vetter
Seth Wisthoff

CONGRATS TO ALL
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:23 pm

ndfan wrote:First Team
Austin Dufault
Jamie Mauch
Justin Shipman
Anthony Kliniske
Cameron Malzer

2nd team
Logan Carlblom
Tanner Carpenter
Reid Haagenson
Jarek Hanson,
Chad Marshall
Adam Randall
Caleb Shockman
Grant Singer
Austin Vetter
Seth Wisthoff

CONGRATS TO ALL

This whole thing is a bunch of BS! How you don't include CJ IH or Ollie D., from a team that did well at state, is messed up! Nothing but a butt kissin, popularity contest! And yes I'll say it, Native Americans always get the shaft in these things!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:27 pm

It has nothing to do with how your team finishes at state. CJ is nowhere near allstate material and Dauphinais probably didn't get enough votes because he is only a sophomore. I guarantee if he puts up the same numbers next year he will be on the team no matter if FW goes to state or not.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:32 pm

in my mind dauphinais going down to play some jv minutes is what hurt him as far as all-state is concerned. but by the end of the season, he was a great player. for as determined as he is, i think he's only going to flourish, the more responsibilities he has to take on (as he gets older and players start looking to him more). in the short run, he didn't get recognized, but in the long run, that kid is going to pile up some awards.
rep

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:34 pm

I like the first team I think thats well deserved, some might argue shipman but i won't. Your always gonna have a argument on the 2nd team and who belongs and doesn't. Why 10 2nd team players though?? If ya have 5 first team players why not just 5 2nd team players?? just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:36 pm

I know they do 5 and 5 for class A, but that's probably because there are many less players. That's probably why they do 5 and 10 for class B....there's over 120 teams compared to 20.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:40 pm

We could fill up 10+ pages with ideas on who should or shouldn't. Always good players that don't make it. Always. The guys listed are all good.
To make it a race thing is way wrong. CJ is good for sure, but a ways behind these guys. OD will have his shot for sure.
Ben Holen and Ben Watkins from LaMoure, Brooks Bakkes from MR are 3 from state I would put on before CJ.
I mention these names not to take away from the guys that got on. Congratulations to all players on All State.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:41 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I know they do 5 and 5 for class A, but that's probably because there are many less players. That's probably why they do 5 and 10 for class B....there's over 120 teams compared to 20.

Make 5 first, 5 second, and then make 5 honorable mentions or something. Again just my opinion
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm

I wouldn't have a problem with that. It would lead to more complaining and whining, tho. Why did so and so get HM....they deserved at least the 2nd team, etc.
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:49 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I wouldn't have a problem with that. It would lead to more complaining and whining, tho. Why did so and so get HM....they deserved at least the 2nd team, etc.

Anyway you have it somebody is gonna complain anyway, thats just the way it goes. I'm sure it won't happen anyway it will just stay the way it is.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:52 pm

bballuvr wrote:We could fill up 10+ pages with ideas on who should or shouldn't. Always good players that don't make it. Always. The guys listed are all good.
To make it a race thing is way wrong. CJ is good for sure, but a ways behind these guys. OD will have his shot for sure.
Ben Holen and Ben Watkins from LaMoure, Brooks Bakkes from MR are 3 from state I would put on before CJ.
I mention these names not to take away from the guys that got on. Congratulations to all players on All State.

You can't tell me some one like CJ, Ollie, Rudy YB, Jalen F., Riley D. or Vernell J. weren't among the top 17 ball players in the state! Thats a JOKE!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:55 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
bballuvr wrote:We could fill up 10+ pages with ideas on who should or shouldn't. Always good players that don't make it. Always. The guys listed are all good.

You can't tell me some one like CJ, Ollie, Rudy YB, Jalen F., Riley D. or Vernell J. weren't among the top 17 ball players in the state! Thats a JOKE!

Who do you take off the list and of the names you named who goes on?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:21 pm

scc wrote:
ndfan wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Who do you take off the list and of the names you named who goes on?

That's the tough part.

The only way natives get on the team is if their team is ranked all year long and make it to state or if they have unbelievable numbers that can't be ignored. Fred Longie averaged 27 and 16 so you couldn't leave him off. Sean Gourd almost averaged a triple double, something like 22, 12 and 8. Robert Lawrence had huge numbers also. You think the Pack boys make it on last year if Parshall doesn't win state? I'd say they don't. Just tired of gettin shafted.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:29 pm

Don't worry i am almost positive that if Lovejoy gets quicker he is on All-State as at least a junior. I didn't see Ironheart play a good game so I can't speak for that arguement. Shipman over Shockman i will never get that one though.
basketballer

Postby bballfan_05 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:36 pm

basketballer wrote:Don't worry i am almost positive that if Lovejoy gets quicker he is on All-State as at least a junior. I didn't see Ironheart play a good game so I can't speak for that arguement. Shipman over Shockman i will never get that one though.

I'm not quite agree that Shockman would be the right replacement for that spot, however, after watching Shipman, he should not have been a Mr.Basketball finalist along with a first-team all-stater, just my opinion though.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby WPower » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Why not? What weren't you impressed with him with?
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby NDSUbisonfan4723 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:48 am

nativegolfer wrote:
ndsportsnut wrote:1st Team:

Malzer
Shipman
Mauch
Kilinski

2nd Team:

Wistoff
Singer
Carlblom
Shockman
Vetter
Haagenson
Backes
Randall
Carpenter
Marshall

Take off Wistoff and add Dauphinais.

Dauphinais does not come close to being an all state player. He is quick, and the only one who plays D on his team, but he cant shoot to save his life.
keys to coaching
1) Surround yorself with people who can't live without football
2) Recognize winners. They come in all forms
3) Have a plan for everything

"Don't give up at halftime. COncentrate on winning the second half"

"When you can't score from the 1, you don't deserve to win"
NDSUbisonfan4723
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:59 am

NDSUbisonfan4723 wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
ndsportsnut wrote:1st Team:

Malzer
Shipman
Mauch
Kilinski

2nd Team:

Wistoff
Singer
Carlblom
Shockman
Vetter
Haagenson
Backes
Randall
Carpenter
Marshall

Take off Wistoff and add Dauphinais.

Dauphinais does not come close to being an all state player. He is quick, and the only one who plays D on his team, but he cant shoot to save his life.

Wow is that an ignorant post! You don't average 17.9 ppg, 9 rpg, 4 stls and 3 assts and lead your team to state and not be on the all state team. Ollie is the reason FW made it thru regionals. He had 3 of the best all around games i've ever seen from a high schooler not to mention a SOPHOMORE. And to say FW doesn't play "D", are you kiddin? You don't make it to the state tourney by not playin defense. Ollie should have been on the All State team, plain and simple. If he were on a team not from a reservation you know he would have been. Politics, politics!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby basketballer » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:15 am

If Dauphinaus trades places with Wisthoff or Randall would he be averaging more ppg and more rpg? I say yes, that is why he should be second team and Shockman should be 1st team. Shockman had WAY more talent on his team than Randall or Wisthoff, but still was double or triple teamed and was getting hacked and still averaged 19 ppg 9 rpg around a couple blocks per game. I say if Randall or WIsthoff are on LaMoure's or Four Wind's teams they don't make all-state, maybe Randall second team, just maybe. I say if Shockman is on Steele or Glenburn's team he makes 1st team, and Dauphinaus makes 2nd team. (Shipman should go down to second team and Shockman up to 1st imo)
basketballer

Postby fb fan 4 life » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:11 am

forloveofthegame wrote:Whistoff is a good player. Not 1st team all state though. Yes, Seth has big numbers. Go check out Glenburn's team stats. He shoots like 20% most games and has a very high turnover average. He worked really hard with the team he had, but he is not all state material. Many in Region 6 think he shoots way too much. I'm sure he is used to having to take things into his own hands, but he misses alot of open teammates cause he is so busy trying to get open and shoot himself. Region 6 fans also very much disliked his attitude against his own teammates on the court.

I am sorry you feel that way. The games I saw, he had to bring the ball down the floor, get his team in its offense and try to score. He had a high turnover rate because he had the ball 99% of the time. I would bet any coach would love to have a player with his work ethic and abilities. Attitude against his teammates, he made them better players by coaching them on the floor. I am sure he got frustrated with them at times, like any good player would! He is very deserving of all-state, apparently the coaches of Region 6 feel the same by giving him senior athlete of the year for the region.
fb fan 4 life

PreviousNext

Return to Boys