2008 Signature State Moment

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2008 Signature State Moment

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 pm

call me crazy but it seemed to me that there wasn't one single play or 'moment' that made the tournament a lasting memory. had TLM won perhaps there would have been one but i don't think there was one play where the whole place just erupted, bystanders too. last year nathaniel packineau's 4 point play and even jamie mauch's dunk first round is something that i won't forget. two years ago it was landon smith's shot, the year before cudworth's shot. maybe i don't think this because there wasn't the same atmosphere in fargo as there is in minot and bismarck. now i just want other people's opinions on this and see if this is only my opinion.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2008 Signature State Moment

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:46 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:call me crazy but it seemed to me that there wasn't one single play or 'moment' that made the tournament a lasting memory. had TLM won perhaps there would have been one but i don't think there was one play where the whole place just erupted, bystanders too. last year nathaniel packineau's 4 point play and even jamie mauch's dunk first round is something that i won't forget. two years ago it was landon smith's shot, the year before cudworth's shot. maybe i don't think this because there wasn't the same atmosphere in fargo as there is in minot and bismarck. now i just want other people's opinions on this and see if this is only my opinion.

I don't know if it would be one "moment" but the way Malzer jukes and jives so smoothly should probably count for something. I know he didn't shine as much during the championship but he really is smooth. I think people won't forget about his athleticism any time soon. Do you agree?
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ballaholic#3 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:47 pm

i'm aware of malzer's ability but i'm talking one play where place erupted, he didn't have it.
ballaholic#3
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:50 pm

ballaholic#3 wrote:i'm aware of malzer's ability but i'm talking one play where place erupted, he didn't have it.

Just trying to help...sorry...I wasn't there so maybe I should stay out of it. :oops:
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:31 pm

Schroeder's shot to win it in the last second?? wasnt the title or anything but still a last second shot to win a game at state is memorable....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:53 pm

baseball wrote:Schroeder's shot to win it in the last second?? wasnt the title or anything but still a last second shot to win a game at state is memorable....

Agreed - wasn't the lasting memory moment that Ballaholic is talking about from a fan standpoint. But it was kind of cool - to see a secondary role player hit a big shot on the state stage for a team. That was a good game -good finish. In fact - THAT will probably be more memorable than the championship game. Not taking anything away from either two teams - but the game just really didn't seem to have that extra something like Ballaholic is talking about.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby scruffy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:12 am

It was a unique tournament, but interesting. I'm trying to think when the last time the representitves from region 7 and region 8 won only one game in a state tournament????? It goes to show that the western third of the state was competitive but certainly not strong...
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Nodak Guy » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:21 pm

Although it really didn't mean much since it was in the 7th Place game, Minot Ryan took the ball out of bounds at half court and threw a perfect lob to the rim and took the lead 52-50 over Lisbon and won the game. It was a heck of a play....too bad it wouldn't have been televised for all to see.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:33 pm

Nodak Guy wrote:Although it really didn't mean much since it was in the 7th Place game, Minot Ryan took the ball out of bounds at half court and threw a perfect lob to the rim and took the lead 52-50 over Lisbon and won the game. It was a heck of a play....too bad it wouldn't have been televised for all to see.

kinda like the shot the Ernst kid hit from Trinity in 04 or 05? up in Minot. 3 quarter court, but was in the losers bracket so noone saw it
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Maybe a siganture half.
TLM's 2nd half against LaMoure was impressive. Several fans I spoke with said it was one of the best halves of bball they'd seen. That's what it took to beat LaMoure. Give credit to to TLM for doing it on the big stage. Even their coach said it was their best ball of the season. They beat a pretty darn good LaMoure team in the process. I tip my hat to C. Malzer and company.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:02 pm

Maybe a siganture half.
TLM's 2nd half against LaMoure was impressive. Several fans I spoke with said it was one of the best halves of bball they'd seen. That's what it took to beat LaMoure. Give credit to to TLM for doing it on the big stage. Even their coach said it was their best ball of the season. They beat a pretty darn good LaMoure team in the process. I tip my hat to C. Malzer and company.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys