Awards

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Awards

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:05 pm

Senior Athlete of the Year- Austin Dufault- Killdeer

Coach of the Year- Randy Cranston- Watford City
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Awards

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:13 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:Senior Athlete of the Year- Austin Dufault- Killdeer

2 guys from the 7th place team on the all tourney team! Are you kiddin me! Which tourney was the knuckleheads who vote on this watching?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:14 pm

nativegolfer wrote:

2 guys from the 7th place team on the all tourney team! Are you kiddin me! Which tourney was the knuckleheads who vote on this watching?

State champs only get one?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby hp fan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 pm

Because they have been there the last 4 years, and everybody knows thier name. MOST of these postseason awards are just a popularity contest.
hp fan

Postby munson11 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:17 pm

Austin Dufault wins the Mr. Basketball award. Congratulations goes to him.
munson11

Postby toddjames » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:21 pm

Anybody got the full all-tourney team?
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:33 pm

toddjames wrote:Anybody got the full all-tourney team?

Never mind, I got it....
Senior Athlete of the Year award
Austin Dufault, Killdeer
Coach of the Year award
Randy Cranston, Watford City

All-tournament team
Justin Shipman, Watford City
Kevin Sanford, Watford City
Oliver Dauphinais, Four Winds
Austin Vetter, Bishop Ryan
Caleb Shockman, LaMoure
Brooks Backes, Bishop Ryan
Grant Singer, Turtle Lake-Mercer
Evan Nelson, Turtle Lake-Mercer
Anthony Kliniske, Grafton
Tournament MVP
Cameron Malzer, Turtle Lake-Mercer
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:44 pm

Yeah, that's because no one voting expected grafton to win it. Everyone was picking TLM.

ndfan wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:51 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:Yeah, that's because no one voting expected grafton to win it. Everyone was picking TLM.

ndfan wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:

Yeah but even if TLM would have won shouldn't the 2nd place team get a lil more respect then that? I have no problem with TLM getting three guys on the team it was well deserved. I just think to win state you gotta have more then one player worthy of all tournament team Just my opinion.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby oldminerfan » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:17 am

I've never been a fan of all tourney teams. Either votes are given to players with well known names that don't show up to play or some kid takes it upon himself to go outside his role on a team to just try and make that team. I think the Grafton kids should take pride in only having one selection. To me it means that everyone of them played their role at different times in the tourney to come out with the best possible result. Medina's defense on Malzer in the championship was tops but didn't hardly see him in semi's. They played as a team and within their roles. Congratulations. Oh yeah and the media selecting these players don't know JACK.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hoop_fan1 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:42 am

if there was a special teams award in basketball, Medina would get it.

if there was a MVC, "Most Valuable Coach", I would give it to Hanson, for switching from man to zone in the semi's and putting Medina on Malzer. He kept his team cool under pressure when they were behind, and was modest in his comments in victory.

Will a grafton coach ever get coach of the year? No- because they're supposed to win becasue they're bigger than everybody...atleast that's what most people think, except in hockey-where they're the underdog.

Comments?

oldminerfan wrote:I've never been a fan of all tourney teams. Either votes are given to players with well known names that don't show up to play or some kid takes it upon himself to go outside his role on a team to just try and make that team. I think the Grafton kids should take pride in only having one selection. To me it means that everyone of them played their role at different times in the tourney to come out with the best possible result. Medina's defense on Malzer in the championship was topsbut didn't hardly see him in semi's. They played as a team and within their roles. Congratulations. Oh yeah and the media selecting these players don't know JACK.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:57 pm

scc wrote:Part of the problem with picking an all-tournament team is not everyone is there watching every game. The most accurate picks probably come from the guys who watch all twelve games, but there aren't too many who can say they did.

except for when i was writing stories courtside (still caught the bulk of most of the games), i can...yippee!!
rep

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:04 pm

Go to rep's blog. He has all the tournament stats for each category and decide for yourself who should have gotten all-tournament. The interesting thing is, the stats don't tell you who played the best "D". Unfortunately, those guys don't get any recognition. If you watched the championship last night,
grafton dominated when #20 was on the floor. When he was on the bench, TLM dominated. He was the key to Grafton's win. Where is his award?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:06 pm

luckyinlife wrote:Go to rep's blog. He has all the tournament stats for each category and decide for yourself who should have gotten all-tournament. The interesting thing is, the stats don't tell you who played the best "D". Unfortunately, those guys don't get any recognition. If you watched the championship last night,
grafton dominated when #20 was on the floor
. When he was on the bench, TLM dominated. He was the key to Grafton's win. Where is his award?

kinda like how you dont even know his name you just say that #20 guy??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:27 pm

baseball wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:Go to rep's blog. He has all the tournament stats for each category and decide for yourself who should have gotten all-tournament. The interesting thing is, the stats don't tell you who played the best "D". Unfortunately, those guys don't get any recognition. If you watched the championship last night,
. When he was on the bench, TLM dominated. He was the key to Grafton's win. Where is his award?

exactly like that. But I know Klinske's and Wysocki's. They score and they get all the press. Get my point?
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby sharkski » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:13 pm

You say Klinske and Wysocki get all the press. Did you read the Forum or Herald all year long. For that matter, how about last year. I think that's not true. Wysocki had many numerous times he deserved some glory but went to Kliniske. Does anyone ever look at how the STAR players get their glory. Oh yah, that would be those other 4 guys on the team. Wysocki for once did get some press, but well deserved after going down 4 min. in Thurs. game. By the way...The look on Watford City's faces when Wysocki ran out to get the warm upballs.........PRICELESS! I overheard the Watford head coach that day at Scheel, "Wysocki's out, he won't be in." It's amazing what you can hear when pickin up stuff.
I agree with the all tourney teams. Based on point's is a crock. Defense, assists, drive and unselfishness is almost more key than high score.
sharkski

Postby baseball » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:21 pm

luckyinlife wrote:
baseball wrote:

exactly like that. But I know Klinske's and Wysocki's. They score and they get all the press. Get my point?

i knew your point, im just wondering why you critisize the press for not talking about a guy when you dont even know is name (Medina). if you were at the game you wouldnt know this, but the announcers were praising him the whole 2nd half for what he was doing to Malzer.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby luckyinlife » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:45 am

baseball wrote:
luckyinlife wrote:
baseball wrote:

i knew your point, im just wondering why you critisize the press for not talking about a guy when you dont even know is name (Medina). if you were at the game you wouldnt know this, but the announcers were praising him the whole 2nd half for what he was doing to Malzer.

I am more than happy to accept your criticism for not knowing Medina's name. And thanks for letting readers know that he did get recognition from the announcers. He deserved it. For that matter, all of the role players on every team deserve a pat on the back. They did a great job during the tournament.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys