Complaining about officials....

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Complaining about officials....

Postby tellmeaboutit » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:39 pm

You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:57 pm

ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:What is with all the complaining about refs lately?? It has gone on ever since the postseason started. Seems like every team that has lost has fans that blame the game on the refs. This is just absolutely ridiculous....especially during the state tournament. The refs at all postseason tournaments are voted upon by the coaches, so they are choosing the refs they want to officiate their games. All of these refs have years and years of experience at all levels....girls, boys, class A, class B, and even college. They are the best at what they do and are well respected from coaches. Yes, even the best miss some calls, but nothing even remotely close to changing the outcome of a game. It's not like these guys are in their first year of reffing or just picked from the stands to officiate a game. Get over the fact that your team lost the game and quit trying to find excuses by blaming it on the refs. How about giving some credit to the other team and coach????

Ok the reason thier is so much complaining lately is because these refs are ridiculous. They cant keep an even playing line, its either one game a ref is favoring a certain team then the next game they are favoring someone else. This is not about complaining, for instance look at Region 7 how many years in a row did Trinity go to state in the past 10 years? Now this is not totally blaming the refs but homecourt advantage is also a role in this, which is a big disadvantage if you ask me. Something needs to be done with that because that is very unfair to other teams. Tell me how you think the outcome of the game cannot be change by the refs? These refs can change the outcome of a game in a hurry. How bout the horrible play down low in the paint, where are the fouls here? Their is murder going on in the low blocks and nothing is ever getting called. These fouls can slowly add up at the free throw line. However there is a fine line where the fouls dont matter anymore and the game is out of the officials hands but most of the time this is not true.

go get certified. end of problem.

I 2nd that rep

Why dont you guys all get certified, because all of you guys are the biggest know it alls on this site. I wish my life revolved around this website NOT. I dont need to get certified its not my job. It is there job and they are getting paid way to much to be reffing like this. All you people say its so hard well yes im guessing it is, but for the amount they are getting paid, it shouldnt be hard for them now should it?
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 pm

The Schwab wrote:officials do the best job they can, they aren't trying to "screw" any team over. Fans are always looking for excuses as to why they lost.

Yea I totally disagree....watch some Region 7 games and you will see what a mean.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tellmeaboutit » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:14 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
ndlionsfan wrote:What is with all the complaining about refs lately?? It has gone on ever since the postseason started. Seems like every team that has lost has fans that blame the game on the refs. This is just absolutely ridiculous....especially during the state tournament. The refs at all postseason tournaments are voted upon by the coaches, so they are choosing the refs they want to officiate their games. All of these refs have years and years of experience at all levels....girls, boys, class A, class B, and even college. They are the best at what they do and are well respected from coaches. Yes, even the best miss some calls, but nothing even remotely close to changing the outcome of a game. It's not like these guys are in their first year of reffing or just picked from the stands to officiate a game. Get over the fact that your team lost the game and quit trying to find excuses by blaming it on the refs. How about giving some credit to the other team and coach????

Ok the reason thier is so much complaining lately is because these refs are ridiculous. They cant keep an even playing line, its either one game a ref is favoring a certain team then the next game they are favoring someone else. This is not about complaining, for instance look at Region 7 how many years in a row did Trinity go to state in the past 10 years? Now this is not totally blaming the refs but homecourt advantage is also a role in this, which is a big disadvantage if you ask me. Something needs to be done with that because that is very unfair to other teams. Tell me how you think the outcome of the game cannot be change by the refs? These refs can change the outcome of a game in a hurry. How bout the horrible play down low in the paint, where are the fouls here? Their is murder going on in the low blocks and nothing is ever getting called. These fouls can slowly add up at the free throw line. However there is a fine line where the fouls dont matter anymore and the game is out of the officials hands but most of the time this is not true.

I 2nd that rep

Why dont you guys all get certified, because all of you guys are the biggest know it alls on this site. I wish my life revolved around this website NOT. I dont need to get certified its not my job. It is there job and they are getting paid way to much to be reffing like this. All you people say its so hard well yes im guessing it is, but for the amount they are getting paid, it shouldnt be hard for them now should it?

I'm guessing you have no idea what an official gets paid. I officiate, and I don't do it for the money...its a nice supplemental income, but its not enough considering the time away from my family. I love the game, I like to be involved in HS activities and I do the best I can. Until you've walked in my shoes....let it go.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:24 pm

tellmeaboutit wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

I 2nd that rep

I'm guessing you have no idea what an official gets paid. I officiate, and I don't do it for the money...its a nice supplemental income, but its not enough considering the time away from my family. I love the game, I like to be involved in HS activities and I do the best I can. Until you've walked in my shoes....let it go.

Idk where you are officiating but you are getting screwed out of your pay, because officials get payed outrageous amounts for working District, Regional, and State. Normal games are nothing to sneeze at thats for sure. What are you anyways a 5th and 6th grade basketball ref?
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:30 pm

Varsity Game = $56.50
SubVarsity = $28.50

Total = $85.00

I really wouldn't call that striking it rich.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:29 am

asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

I 2nd that rep

considering i'm already getting paid to be at games, i don't think i can pull that one off. considering you are on this site, your life revolves around it enough. obviously you don't need to get certified, you just complain and then can't understand why nothing changes, but you know more than anyone. you are the problem. by all means, feel free to complain about it. apparently that is what the site was created for, to give a you, the less-than-silent minority that has nothing to say, a soapbox.
rep

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:59 am

rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

I 2nd that rep

considering i'm already getting paid to be at games, i don't think i can pull that one off. considering you are on this site, your life revolves around it enough. obviously you don't need to get certified, you just complain and then can't understand why nothing changes, but you know more than anyone. you are the problem. by all means, feel free to complain about it. apparently that is what the site was created for, to give a you, the less-than-silent minority that has nothing to say, a soapbox.

Actually I have been certified and reffed quite a bit of sub varsity when I was in college, but now I on the sidelines and no matter how hard I try, for some reason they won't let me coach and ref at the same time. Crazy rules.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby homer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:04 am

i have done district and regional games and dont really remember the pay being that outrageous he must have some inside info on what they get payed. or its a guess
homer
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:34 am

asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

I 2nd that rep

wouldnt the know it all be the one who says everyone else is wrong...kinda like your doing with the refs? i dont know... all rep did was suggest a solution for u to stop your whining. but then again how would you be able to handle a guy saying what your saying to u. i gaurantee its not easy. ive never reffed a varsity game but have a few jr high games and its not as easy as it looks. there will always be missed calls, there will always be mistakes. but i guess if you take reps advice and get certified all that stuff is eliminated....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby asiantangy99 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:23 am

baseball wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
ndfan wrote:
rep wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:

I 2nd that rep

wouldnt the know it all be the one who says everyone else is wrong...kinda like your doing with the refs? i dont know... all rep did was suggest a solution for u to stop your whining. but then again how would you be able to handle a guy saying what your saying to u. i gaurantee its not easy. ive never reffed a varsity game but have a few jr high games and its not as easy as it looks. there will always be missed calls, there will always be mistakes. but i guess if you take reps advice and get certified all that stuff is eliminated....

No all rep did was try to be a know it all like he normally is. Yes, i know thier is going to be missed called but if actually watch some of the games they are rediculous. Its not whining it is stating my opinion. All you guys need to get a life and watch some games throughout the state before you come on here and try and act like you know what you are talking about. Why would I take advice from rep, my life doesnt revolve around this site. End of Discussion Case Closed.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:04 pm

yes sir you are right this case is CLOSED

You've been stumped- schwab
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Boys