2008 ND STATE CLASS B CHAMPS!!! GRAFTON vs. TLM

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2008 ND STATE CLASS B CHAMPS!!! GRAFTON vs. TLM

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Obviously I feel TLM will win and they are starting to find their shooting stoke as a team so I am going to stay with my predictions from earlier and say TLM wins. Grafton has been very dominant throughout this tourney so it should be a great game tomorrow with the 2 hottest teams in state play for the crown. Malzer an Nelson control the game when it counts is how they will get it done.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2008 ND STATE CLASS B CHAMPS!!! GRAFTON vs. TLM

Postby blue steel » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:14 am

Im gonna have to disagree with you. Grafton is just playing too well.
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:37 am

I don't think that TLM will have an answer to Grafton's overall size. Some of those fellas are SO put together....its amazing.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J20 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:31 am

It's pretty easy for Grafton to be dominant when they played WC 8 on 5. You could tell they wanted 2 teams from the East in the finals...WC didnt play that well but it would have been nice to at least see a fair playing field...
J20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:56 am

J20 wrote:It's pretty easy for Grafton to be dominant when they played WC 8 on 5. You could tell they wanted 2 teams from the East in the finals...WC didnt play that well but it would have been nice to at least see a fair playing field...

what??? im gonna take your a WC guy since an earlier post you asked what everyone thought of the reffing, and now you say the refs robbed them becase they wanted 2 teams from the east in the title game. id also have a hard time calling TLM an east team. WC got out played by Grafton its that simple. Grafton got to the loose balls, was more aggressive, and just plain played harder....so they won, same reason TLM beat LaMoure
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby InTheKnow » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:08 am

I would say those steals at the top of the three point line were pretty clean to me for lay ups to set the tone for the entire game. WC had ONE FOUL the whole first half and Grafton led by like 6 or 8 at the half. The refs had nothing to do with that game. WC had 16 tournovers which led to alot of easy points. Then they started fouling with about 2 minutes left to attempt to catch up. Grafton dominated the game hands down. The worst call of the entire night went in favor of WC. That grab the jersey double dribble call was AWEFUL. But i guess that gave Grafton some sort of advantage since the refs wanted them to win. Sorry but you are really reaching.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Titliest_Prov1x » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:38 am

InTheKnow wrote:I would say those steals at the top of the three point line were pretty clean to me for lay ups to set the tone for the entire game. WC had ONE FOUL the whole first half and Grafton led by like 6 or 8 at the half. The refs had nothing to do with that game. WC had 16 tournovers which led to alot of easy points. Then they started fouling with about 2 minutes left to attempt to catch up. Grafton dominated the game hands down. The worst call of the entire night went in favor of WC. That grab the jersey double dribble call was AWEFUL. But i guess that gave Grafton some sort of advantage since the refs wanted them to win. Sorry but you are really reaching.

ONE FOUL THE ENTIRE FIRST HALF?????? What game were you watching??? Bruins had 3 in the first half...WC had prolly 9 in the first half...grafton had 2 in the first 2 minutes and then none until about 2 minutes left in the 3rd...that is hard to believe watford had no fouls in the first quarter and grafton had none for that long of time(at least 22 minutes)....i still think grafton would have won....but the refs were really inconsistent and thats dissapointing for a state tournament....good luck to the 2 teams remaining they deserve it!
Titliest_Prov1x

Postby steel33 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:25 am

TLM by about 12-15ish over Grafton.

What people still don't get is it doesn't matter how big and strong the players are from the other teams..

TLM has so much team speed it's scary, and they go on crazy runs like last night all the time. They will pull away from Grafton in the second half. Grafton won't know what hit them..just like Lamoure
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oldminerfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:47 am

I agree that TL/M is explosive but I don't think they have played against this tough of defensive team yet. Grafton plays tough D and I don't think they will be giving up the easy layups that the other opponents did. TL/M will have to shoot 50% from 3 point land to bring this one home.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby twinsfan34 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:51 am

Should be a darn good title game tonight!

My prediction (similar to the TLM-Ryan prediction): TLM by 5 in overtime.
twinsfan34

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:39 am

J20 wrote:It's pretty easy for Grafton to be dominant when they played WC 8 on 5. You could tell they wanted 2 teams from the East in the finals...WC didnt play that well but it would have been nice to at least see a fair playing field...

In 2 tournament games thus far I am shocked that WC is undefeated. They are not that good. Lamoure will beat them handily tonight for 3rd. By the way TL is more west than east part of the state. Kind of a 3 hr to MT border and 4 hours to MN border kinda thing.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby WPower » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:42 am

I agree that WC didn't deserve to win the game, but I agree that the reffing was very inconsistent, but it happens. I just wish it wouldn't have happened in the state tourney. WC had not been playing their best basketball for about 3 weeks. They were entirely outplayed this game, and outcoached. Congrats Grafton, even though I'm still bitter.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:54 am

I think this is gonna be a great game. I see both teams studs having big games but winning it is gonna come down to which teams role players have the better game. Congrats to both on making it the SHIP and go Spoilers. :)
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby oldminerfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 pm

Just a note to WC fans and how they feel about the officials last night. You have been playing with superstar status being undefeated and a Mr.Basketball nominee. Did you really think it would carry through the whole state tourney.It might carry you through districts and regions but not the state.What goes around comes around.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:30 pm

three official system that puts together reffing crews that don't work together so they have a rep from each part of the state...to complain that they wanted an east team to win is very uncalled for. Disrespectful towards grafton....Watford wasn't favored by anybody other than watford locals...all the posts I've seen said watford wasn't as tough as people were saying...from what I've seen I would have to agree. Inconsistent reffing isn't due to personal likes...one ref I saw refs in our region which is nowhere near grafton or watford. I notice he isn't reffing the championship game..which if he was would then be an issue...give the NDHSAA credit for thinking about those things and not throwing out conspiracy theories.
bigpoppakdog

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:55 pm

The officiating crews and the games that they officiate are determined prior to the first day of the tournament. Therefore the NDHSAA can make sure that the first game that is officiated will not be done by a "hometown" official. Most officials are also kept out of their home area's bracket. However....no one can predict which team will be victorious, so there is always an odd chance that you make see an official from your area.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby J20 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:26 pm

To clarify my previous statement I am not putting the blame on the officials for WC losing the game! They did not play anywhere near they are capable of. Shipman and Sanford came ready to play but no one else stepped up like they have all season. I am just saying as a fan it is very frustrating to see inconsistent officiating especially when you team is playing bad. Grafton was the better team that night and they deserved it.
J20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:36 pm

thanks for the clarification. I didn't view your post as that.
bigpoppakdog

Postby J20 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:41 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:thanks for the clarification. I didn't view your post as that.

yeah I knew what I wanted to say but it was poorly worded.
J20
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Boys