Number of games

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Number of games

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:26 pm

how many games do you think a team should be allowed to schedule. after seeing the 2 teams at halftime tonight (34-0 and 29-2) i was wondering why we play less games now then they did 50 years ago?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Re: Number of games

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:17 am

50 years ago there were probably a lot more teams to play. Now some districts double up games just to make sure they get enough. How much fun is it to play teams 3, 4, or maybe 5 times? I know Park River possibly could have played Cavalier 5 times.

Is it 18 regular season games now? I would would say 20 is ok. Minnesota is allowed 26 regular season games, but if you lose in any round of tournaments you go home, there is no consolation or 3rd place game. From the first round of sections to the first round of state. Lose in the semi's at state you get to play for 3rd though.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby vballfan06 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:49 am

my feeling is that there should be no limits...but, have the same rules for games on school nights. That would push teams to play more saturday ball games and would still, in a way, create a cap on the number you can fit in-in a season.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby eyeinthesky » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:07 am

I think the number of games allowed now should be raised but there must be some sort of limit. There are always other teams to play. This just comes down to a question of travel and cost.

Super Saturdays held throughout the State during the season usually make for some interesting match-ups.
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby Flip » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:38 pm

eyeinthesky wrote:There are always other teams to play.

When I said there were more teams to play I meant there were games they had to play, like districts. For example if you had 12 teams in your district, you would have to play 11 district games. Honestly, I don't even know if they had districts years ago.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys