Four Winds vs. Minot Ryan

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Four Winds vs. Minot Ryan

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Four Winds 68
Minot Ryan 63

Any information on this game? I find it hard to believe
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Re: Four Winds vs. Minot Ryan

Postby bigtuna21 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:23 pm

i find that hard to believe to but im glad they one a game
bigtuna21

Postby rep » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:35 pm

shooting touch came back for cj in the first half, dauphinais had 18 and 10 and was one of four FW players to score in double figures.
rep

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:57 pm

WooHoo..good game boys!! :mrgreen:

Ollie D was AWESOME today, Zach played great too!! Glad to see CJ was on today!!

Good Luck tomorrow INDIANS!!

GO INDIANS!!
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:27 am

i heard that this was ollie d's last year of eligibilty.........can someone please tell me if this is true........if it is then it is quite a big loss for fourwinds next year
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:37 am

sports for life wrote:i heard that this was ollie d's last year of eligibilty.........can someone please tell me if this is true........if it is then it is quite a big loss for fourwinds next year

Quite obviously he's only a sophmore and he has two years left of elgibility left and he's not 21 yet.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Mr. Knowitall wrote:
sports for life wrote:i heard that this was ollie d's last year of eligibilty.........can someone please tell me if this is true........if it is then it is quite a big loss for fourwinds next year

Quite obviously he's only a sophmore and he has two years left of elgibility left and he's not 21 yet.

kk but i also heard he was turning 18
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:29 pm

sports for life wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

I think you can play High school sports until you are 20 isn't it?
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:38 pm

bballfan7 wrote:
sports for life wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

Where does this ignorant stuff come from? It's all false. While we're on the topic though, if you keep up with football and BB recruiting, it's becoming more and more frequent that high schoolers are graduating when they are 19. This is to their advantage because the rule is they can play until they are 19 and what is the hurry to graduate when you're 18 anyway? As long as the rule says you can play until you turn 19 then it shouldn't be an issue.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby toddjames » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 pm

Right away somebody has to put something negative on here about a good kid... Oliver's a pretty dang good ball player for only a sophomore... not many kids put up the kid of numbers he did this year in just their first full year at the varsity level... He's got two years left and if he continues his development, he'll be an all-stater by the time he is done...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rep » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:26 pm

if he plays next season the way he did in the tournament, he'll be up for all-state next year i'm certain. kid is a good scorer and a very underrated rebounder.
rep

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:44 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
sports for life wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

Where does this ignorant stuff come from? It's all false. While we're on the topic though, if you keep up with football and BB recruiting, it's becoming more and more frequent that high schoolers are graduating when they are 19. This is to their advantage because the rule is they can play until they are 19 and what is the hurry to graduate when you're 18 anyway? As long as the rule says you can play until you turn 19 then it shouldn't be an issue.

to maybe move on with your life?? more kids graduate when they are 18 rather then 19. are you telling me that alot of kids want to put there life on hold just to live the glory days of high school ball. sure they can say that, but in reality you need to move on. kinda like these 55 yr old guys who go back to school to play sports cuz they have a year of eligablity left...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:58 pm

rep wrote:if he plays next season the way he did in the tournament, he'll be up for all-state next year i'm certain. kid is a good scorer and a very underrated rebounder.

Extremely underrated rebounder, led the team in rebounding during the season as a 5-11 guard and was one a handful players and probably the only guard to have 10 boards in two out of three games (he had eight today)... should be all-tournament team, I would think...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:16 pm

baseball wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
bballfan7 wrote:
sports for life wrote:
Mr. Knowitall wrote:

to maybe move on with your life?? more kids graduate when they are 18 rather then 19. are you telling me that alot of kids want to put there life on hold just to live the glory days of high school ball. sure they can say that, but in reality you need to move on. kinda like these 55 yr old guys who go back to school to play sports cuz they have a year of eligablity left...

It's one year! And if it helps the kid mature emotionally and physically for college athletics then I'm all for it. And your 55 year old analogy is a bit overboard. If the NDHSAA thought like you then the rule would be 18 years old.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby toddjames » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:36 pm

toddjames wrote:
rep wrote:if he plays next season the way he did in the tournament, he'll be up for all-state next year i'm certain. kid is a good scorer and a very underrated rebounder.

Extremely underrated rebounder, led the team in rebounding during the season as a 5-11 guard and was one a handful players and probably the only guard to have 10 boards in two out of three games (he had eight today)... should be all-tournament team, I would think...

Get this, I just figured out that he was second leading rebounder at the state tournament with 28 total rebounds, just one shy of the high mark of 29 set by the 6-foot-9 kid from Grafton Anthony Kliniske.
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys