Most impressive players through day ONE

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Most impressive players through day ONE

Postby Trust me I know » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 am

steel33, I would suggest that you get to the FargoDome early tonight and watch the shooting display that shockman puts on during warm-ups. Its a little bit better than 8ft. As far as how fast he is. You must not have seen the number of times he was beating FW's guards down the floor. FW coach even mentioned in the Forum about how well he moved and how he was beating their guards down the floor. So I dont think that "slow" and no range apply here.

Most Impressive: Malzer or AK (really soft touch)
Least impressive: Shippman
Trust me I know

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:45 am

As far as the most impressive player i would say Malzor. This Kid can score whenever he wants from anywhere he wants. but i want to give credit to the grafton spolier bench, Henry Medina and Devin White, these two came off the bench for a injured wysoski (2nd leading scorer on graftons team) and did the job i believe Devin had 11 points, these kids played their roles and got grafton to the Final Four and if watford city doesn't find their game we could see grafton in the state Final
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:17 am

chuck lovejoy was the most impressive yesterday i mean he is only a freshman and scoring 17 or 19 points against lamoure isn't easy especialy for a freshman..........austin vetter impressed me too i think they should have gotten the ball to him more in the fourth quarter instead of shooting all of those threes
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:19 am

sports for life wrote:chuck lovejoy was the most impressive yesterday i mean he is only a freshman and scoring 17 or 19 points against lamoure isn't easy especialy for a freshman..........austin vetter impressed me too i think they should have gotten the ball to him more in the fourth quarter instead of shooting all of those threes

Umm.. idk if u watched the game but Vetter was out with foul trouble the first quarter didn't score until about 3 minutes into the 3rd i mean singer shut him down.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby sports for life » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:24 am

MT_20 wrote:
sports for life wrote:chuck lovejoy was the most impressive yesterday i mean he is only a freshman and scoring 17 or 19 points against lamoure isn't easy especialy for a freshman..........austin vetter impressed me too i think they should have gotten the ball to him more in the fourth quarter instead of shooting all of those threes

Umm.. idk if u watched the game but Vetter was out with foul trouble the first quarter didn't score until about 3 minutes into the 3rd i mean singer shut him down.

ya i did watch the game and he still scored 17 points in the game.....i don't know about you but 17 points in 12:30 is pretty dang good to me
sports for life
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:48 pm

sports for life wrote:
MT_20 wrote:

ya i did watch the game and he still scored 17 points in the game.....i don't know about you but 17 points in 12:30 is pretty dang good to me

This is for most impressive player ofday 1 and all i was trying to say is he wasn't the most impressive player. the best player of day 1 goes to Camron Malzor by far
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby itsmillertime » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:11 pm

Iron Scope wrote:Shockman over rated? He can hit the 3 ball easily, but to help his team the most he plays inside. At college (which will probably be a d-1 college) he will be a 3 position. But in high school class b in north dakota you probably shouldn't bring a 6'7 dude around the perimeter too much. And with Four Winds pushing Caleb Shockman like they were and for him to still score 20 says a lot. Watch out for him tonight.
Cameron Malzer was very impressive, I just want to wait until after tonight to see if he always plays that good. Carlblom will have a big game, he knows he has something to prove and from seeing him play many times before thast was his WORST game ever. (Lisbon fans correct me if i am wrong) Shipman wasnt that good in summer so i was wondering about his stats as well. Klininske really impressed me too.

Carlblom will be better today. That was Lisbon's worst game of the year. Klininske was a load, and is a very good player. Grafton played a good game. Having seen him play before, he is a very good ball player.
We shouldn't judge these players by one game, they all have been in a game like that at some point...
itsmillertime

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:54 pm

I really liked the way that number 23 from Grafton played,he was really aggressive. I also liked that Cameron Malzer form TL/M. Lovejoy and Alberts from Four Winds also impressed me, to bad that Ironheart kid shot them out of the game.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 3:48 pm

Lol, "that number 23 from Grafton" that cracks me up
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballernation » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:33 pm

MT_20 wrote:

wut is your definition of shutting someone down then, vetter abused him in the second half and they had like 3 guys come down on him. it was some pretty week D, if vetter would have got going early he would have dropped 30 on those guys easily.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby WPower » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:20 pm

is tim duncan exciting? many people would also call him a so called "junk" basketball player
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 pm

biggest ticket wrote:Malzer is the best player in the tournament. Shockman is right behind him with AK following suit. If Malzer plays his best game tomorrow night it will be hard to stop TLM. I expect Evan Nelson to show the state a little more of his ability tomorrow. Shipman has to show more tomorrow night as well.

Biggest Ticket You seem to know lots about TLM so can you tell me this? ...We've been watching TLM all season ... for years actually and it has been pronounced Malzer. Know I am listening on the radio to the game and the announcer on KFYR specifically states that although there is an "A" as in ah...it is pronounced Melzer.

Do you know anything of this and if so then why, ever since 5th and 6th grade he has been Malzer...even when announced at his home gym.. do you have the inside scoop??
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:19 pm

WPower wrote:is tim duncan exciting? many people would also call him a so called "junk" basketball player

Tim Duncan is the more fundamentally sound basketball player in the world.....
hes boring in this era because everyone likes to see the 3 pointer and highlight reel dunks and alley oops. has the best 15 foot bank shot in the NBA, uses fundamentals instead of power on the block. them things make him boring, not that hes a junk player, cuz i dont see much junk in his game
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:20 pm

o yea....Cameron Malzer = Best player in the tournament
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:28 pm

pronounce it however you want the kid can play. to shoot that high % from the backcourt is nutz
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:33 pm

point/center wrote:pronounce it however you want the kid can play. to shoot that high % from the backcourt is nutz

No doubt he is a phenon! Just don't get how a name change! MOM :wink:
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:05 pm

9manfootballmom wrote:
biggest ticket wrote:Malzer is the best player in the tournament. Shockman is right behind him with AK following suit. If Malzer plays his best game tomorrow night it will be hard to stop TLM. I expect Evan Nelson to show the state a little more of his ability tomorrow. Shipman has to show more tomorrow night as well.

Biggest Ticket You seem to know lots about TLM so can you tell me this? ...We've been watching TLM all season ... for years actually and it has been pronounced Malzer. Know I am listening on the radio to the game and the announcer on KFYR specifically states that although there is an "A" as in ah...it is pronounced Melzer.

Do you know anything of this and if so then why, ever since 5th and 6th grade he has been Malzer...even when announced at his home gym.. do you have the inside scoop??

It is pronounced officially Melzer by his roots but since I can remeber they even in Turtle Lake call him Malzer. And yes he is the best player in this tournament.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby JJBD20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:25 pm

Malzer no doubt...
JJBD20

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:37 pm

biggest ticket wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:

It is pronounced officially Melzer by his roots but since I can remeber they even in Turtle Lake call him Malzer. And yes he is the best player in this tournament.

Thanks Ticket... :)
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby steel33 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:21 am

Malzer was his normal self last night.

Yes Caleb Shockman has range more than 8-12 ft..but a so called Div 1 player that is 6'6 can't dominate a game against a 6'0....explain that one to me if he is so legit??
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby point/center » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:35 am

steel33 wrote:Malzer was his normal self last night.

Yes Caleb Shockman has range more than 8-12 ft..but a so called Div 1 player that is 6'6 can't dominate a game against a 6'0....explain that one to me if he is so legit??

I'm not saying where/what division he's ready for. But TL-M was triple teaming him. He had a good game. It was a team loss.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby SuperBad » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:29 am

MGunville- No one wasnt giving credit to TLM. You need to stop hating on BR because you lost 2 years in a row in a region championship game. You shouldnt have won like you think you did, the refs didnt blow it. You just didnt win. And for you to say talk about excuses is completely ridiculos, you have an excuse for everything from a bus ride to drinking minot water. No one was saying that its an excuse that Backes was in the hospital on thursday getting an IV. So stop complaining that you lost and accpet that fact that you never made it to state.
SuperBad

Postby click clack moo » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:00 am

cameron malzer best olayer hands down
click clack moo
NDPreps Starter

Postby gfan3 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:20 am

wat about paul holland #2 from playing very welll
gfan3

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:16 pm

steel33 wrote:Malzer was his normal self last night.

He is a 6'6 kid that gets pushed around all the time, gets triple and double teams, has about 3 more inches to grow, and still puts up 20 a night. If you tell me he isn't getting hacked and pushed around then you are crazy and didn't watch the play down low the last two nights. He is going division one, and I am sure he can't wait to be playing guys that won't get away with cheap shots at him in college.
Iron Scope

PreviousNext

Return to Boys