Most impressive players through day ONE

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Most impressive players through day ONE

Postby baseball » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:21 pm

Iron Scope wrote:
steel33 wrote:Malzer was his normal self last night.

Yes Caleb Shockman has range more than 8-12 ft..but a so called Div 1 player that is 6'6 can't dominate a game against a 6'0....explain that one to me if he is so legit??

He is a 6'6 kid that gets pushed around all the time, gets triple and double teams, has about 3 more inches to grow, and still puts up 20 a night. If you tell me he isn't getting hacked and pushed around then you are crazy and didn't watch the play down low the last two nights. He is going division one, and I am sure he can't wait to be playing guys that won't get away with cheap shots at him in college.

D-2 tops....SW Minnesota was at the regionals to watch him so i see him playing in the Northern Sun next year. why do you think hes going D-1? do you have info on schools looking at him?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:31 pm

gfan3 wrote:wat about paul holland #2 from playing very welll

he has had a good tourney...anyone else think he looks like Bobby Brady from the Brady Bunch? :lol:
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby magic715 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:41 am

MGUNVILLE wrote:give tlm some credit they played a heck of a game. guess the bus ride was to much for ryan to overcome didn't have home court advantage. talk about excuses the flu come on.

I didnt say it was an excuse, Backes actually played a good game, but couldnt or wouldnt have been able to handle Malzer , but you could see they kept taking Backes out of the game, to replenish liquids and give a rest , other wise Backes probably wouldnt have come out of the game. But i must still see some crying over losing to Ryan , they are some very dissappointed guys, and rightfully so, they had high expectations from being there last yr, but they had to earn it and not have it given to them, and they were not able to do that, i havnt looked thru all the post yet, but i dont think there was any crying over refs , like there was from some Dunseith people, get over it , losing gracefully should be done by everyone, and i know just about everyone crys over losing , including Ryan fans, so i am not excluding anyone.
magic715

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:36 am

baseball wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:
steel33 wrote:Malzer was his normal self last night.

Yes Caleb Shockman has range more than 8-12 ft..but a so called Div 1 player that is 6'6 can't dominate a game against a 6'0....explain that one to me if he is so legit??

He is a 6'6 kid that gets pushed around all the time, gets triple and double teams, has about 3 more inches to grow, and still puts up 20 a night. If you tell me he isn't getting hacked and pushed around then you are crazy and didn't watch the play down low the last two nights. He is going division one, and I am sure he can't wait to be playing guys that won't get away with cheap shots at him in college.

D-2 tops....SW Minnesota was at the regionals to watch him so i see him playing in the Northern Sun next year. why do you think hes going D-1? do you have info on schools looking at him?

D2 TOPS!!! He is no where close to a division I player. If you think he is getting pushed around now the college game is WAY MORE physical. It is a mans game in college. Hack, hack and hack some more. You have to fight through that. He does not have the skill to play at that level at all. DAC or NSIC.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:38 am

9manfootballmom wrote:

he has had a good tourney...anyone else think he looks like Bobby Brady from the Brady Bunch? :lol:

Holland was average. Could not make free throws and tried to be too fancy with his dribbling. If he played his role better at the point and focused on that instead of forcing shots he would have been much more effective and Grafton would have been much more dominant.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:08 am

InTheKnow wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:

Holland was average. Could not make free throws and tried to be too fancy with his dribbling. If he played his role better at the point and focused on that instead of forcing shots he would have been much more effective and Grafton would have been much more dominant.

holland was not average, he had one rough game, but he still played well he rarely turned it over that game though. He came up huge in the championship carrying much of the dribbling load and hit some big 3's and free throws down the stretch. I thought he desereved some consideration for all tournament team for grafton.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 9manfootballmom » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:56 am

BballFan1307 wrote:
InTheKnow wrote:
9manfootballmom wrote:

holland was not average, he had one rough game, but he still played well he rarely turned it over that game though. He came up huge in the championship carrying much of the dribbling load and hit some big 3's and free throws down the stretch. I thought he desereved some consideration for all tournament team for grafton.

I agree...MOM :o
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WPower » Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:29 pm

besides not being able to hit his free throws at the end of the games....
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:53 pm

WPower wrote:besides not being able to hit his free throws at the end of the games....

he hit is free throws at the end of the most important game..
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Previous

Return to Boys