turtle lake favorite so far.

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

turtle lake favorite so far.

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Based on what I've seen, I now feel, since they got the first one out of the way, that TLM is the most dangerous "team" so far. They have more weapons than other teams. Seems like some teams have a big gun, and TLM could argue they have one also, but looks like TLM has the most dangerous "team." What you others think???
bigpoppakdog

Re: turtle lake favorite so far.

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:03 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Based on what I've seen, I now feel, since they got the first one out of the way, that TLM is the most dangerous "team" so far. They have more weapons than other teams. Seems like some teams have a big gun, and TLM could argue they have one also, but looks like TLM has the most dangerous "team." What you others think???

I think they are going to have their hands full tomorrow night. I wasn't really impressed that Ryan got back into that game so I am going to stick with WC for now. I think that all 3 teams that have won so far are pretty dangerous.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:16 pm

So far the day games looked like tougher teams. TLM blew a 15 point 3rd quarter lead and looked rough the last quarter they played. Lamoure has looked the most solid from start to finish. Night games Grafton looks better than WC, but neither look better than TLM and Lamoure.

1.TLM got to stick with my earlier prediction and Nelson is due for a huge game
2. Grafton due to bracketing
3. Lamoure due to bracketing
4. WC
5. Minot Ryan
6. MR
7. 4 Winds due to bracketing
8. Lisbon
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:22 pm

i thought lamoure played the most consistent 4 quarters of ball and that team-wise, they had the best showing.

shockman had 20 pts, 12 rebs, 3 blocks.
watkins had 12 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebs
schrader had 13 pts, 7 rebs
holen had 11 pts

pretty solid production across the board. now it just remains to be seen if they are deep enough.
i think the tlm/lamoure game may be better than the championship.
rep

Postby oldminerfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:24 pm

Although I don't think they are the most fun to watch I beleive that WC has the most complete team. Don't know how they will mix it up with a taller team tommorow. Hopefully they will play a more complete game and show people why they are 25-0. TL/M and LaMoure should be a terrific matchup with similar teams and no benches. Will be fun to watch.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:52 pm

rep wrote:i thought lamoure played the most consistent 4 quarters of ball and that team-wise, they had the best showing.

shockman had 20 pts, 12 rebs, 3 blocks.
watkins had 12 pts, 8 assists, 7 rebs
schrader had 13 pts, 7 rebs
holen had 11 pts

pretty solid production across the board. now it just remains to be seen if they are deep enough.
i think the tlm/lamoure game may be better than the championship.

I will have to agree with you. I was really impressed with Lamoure, and if they can play a similar style game tomorrow - and TLM plays similar as well - I would have to go with Lamoure. But I would agree with an earilier post and say that TLM definitely has the most weapons.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:56 pm

I think you have to go with Grafton. Lisbon comes from a heck of a region, and Grafton just man-handled them.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:26 pm

Guess I have to add a side note to my post, I didn't see Lamoure play....but from what i've seen from the rest would still have to put TLM as a team that poses the most serious threat. But of course its tourney time, so anything can happen.
bigpoppakdog

Postby theDIRTYdub » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:33 pm

Cameron Malzer continues to impress me, with a 25 point effort tonight he looked good! And he made it look easy. All tournament team here he comes!
There's no "I" in team...But there is in "win"...
theDIRTYdub
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:11 pm

Kind of dissapointed by opening day/night. Mostly sloppy basketball. But on a positive note, it was opening day and it should get better now that the first game jitters are out of the way. I watched TLM handle Grant Co in there regional opener and I was very impressed by them. The TLM vs. Ryan game was the only one I missed today and I am kicking myself. I heard it was one heck of a game. I am looking forward to a TLM vs. WC championship game. I don't care who wins. I just want to see some good basketball.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby steel33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:54 am

I'm my opinion TLM Ryan was the Championship game. Ryan is easily the second best team in this tournament.

Was not impressed with another team in this tournament. Everyone told my how great Lisbon was and how great this Carlbloom was....He wasn't half the player the grafton kid was or Vetter.

Four winds was just god awful. and somehow Lamoure let them hang around all game. They should have won by 30 easily.

Watford forgot they have a Mr. Basketball finalist on their team. They rarely got him the ball. Not sure why??

TLM by 15 over Lamoure
Watford by 12-15 over Grafton

TLM by 10 over Watford. C.Malzer the best player in the state tourney..hands down..
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:59 am

Lamoure was the most impressive team for me the first day. Yeah, they played FW who just played terrible, but some of that can be attributed to Lamoure's D. I thought they were very solid on D and had very quick hands. I don't know how many times someone from FW got picked when they drove into the lane. Offensively Lamoure shot the ball pretty well and really spread it around. They didn't rely on just one person.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby taveg » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:42 am

steel33 wrote:I'm my opinion TLM Ryan was the Championship game. Ryan is easily the second best team in this tournament.

Was not impressed with another team in this tournament. Everyone told my how great Lisbon was and how great this Carlbloom was....He wasn't half the player the grafton kid was or Vetter.

Four winds was just god awful. and somehow Lamoure let them hang around all game. They should have won by 30 easily.

Watford forgot they have a Mr. Basketball finalist on their team. They rarely got him the ball. Not sure why??

TLM by 15 over Lamoure
Watford by 12-15 over Grafton

TLM by 10 over Watford. C.Malzer the best player in the state tourney..hands down..

i beg to differ about the TL/M and ryan game being the championship, lamoure is a very very good team and they will not lose by 15 tonight. shockman, holen and watkins especially all play great defense on the perimeter, and shockman is very tough inside. im picking lamoure in a close one. i think that this game here could be the championship
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:02 am

I'm thinking Turtle Lake would be the sentimental favorite among most neutral "B" fans......
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:11 am

I wud say so Malzor carried the load but Evan Nelson only had 2 points he usually has about 18??? they will be in the Championship against Grafton
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby future star » Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:25 am

well yes they have to be they beat the team i thought was going to win state. WC has made it to state playing in a easy region and the lack of comp is going to show. :P
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WPower » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:19 pm

easy region? are you kidding me?lack of competion? In case you forgot they beat an eventual state bound team by 17-19 points earlier in the year. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:21 pm

I'm prayin for a Watford City-Turtle Lake/Mercer Championship Game!!
project-pat

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:04 pm

WPower wrote:easy region? are you kidding me?lack of competion? In case you forgot they beat an eventual state bound team by 17-19 points earlier in the year. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

To be fair that was earlier in the year grafton has improved alot since earlier in the season
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby WPower » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:17 pm

true, but wc also has. Just because they played one sloppy game last night against a azone defence and they weren't knocking down their shots from outside and shipman being tripled and doubled everytime they got the ball down to him doesn't mean they came from a weak region.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:19 pm

future star wrote:well yes they have to be they beat the team i thought was going to win state. WC has made it to state playing in a easy region and the lack of comp is going to show. :P

more like the toughest region, they will stomp grafton, even though i want grafton to win, watford played bad yesterday but so did every team in that crummy venue the fargo dome is terrible.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 8:12 pm

OH MAN - TLM will be state champions. Man they are good and very fun to watch. They are reminiscent of the old Newburg teams from the 80's and the Mayville teams from the 70's. They can all shoot - well.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:16 pm

I love it when a plan comes together. Still sticking with my prediction. Too many weapons.
bigpoppakdog

Postby steel33 » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:14 am

I was wrong..TL by only 13 not 15

Should be a great game tonight. TLM by about 12-15 should be the final.

Once Nelson got his confidence going the game was all over. He will carry that into tonights game as well.
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oldminerfan » Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:29 am

Nothing I'd rather see than TL/M take it to Grafton. If they do they really do deserve the title of state champions. Grafton has a tough defensive team along with strength and size. TL/M will have to be firing on all cylinders to pull this one out. Good luck. Thanks to both teams for being the most entertaining to watch.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Boys