Mott-Regent vs Watford City commentary

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mott-Regent vs Watford City commentary

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:47 pm

Early on it is 4-2 Watford City.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Re: Mott-Regent vs Watford City commentary

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:57 pm

End of 1st Mott-Regent 12 Watford City 7.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:03 pm

Tied up at 12. Both teams sound a little rusty so far in this game. Lots of fouls as well.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDinPHX » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:08 pm

Boy, it seems like a lot of missed layups. And, I have to say that the play-by-play guy on KDIX is really struggling on the Mott-Regent Wildfire thing, he even missed some plays where he didn't even see the play.
NDinPHX

Postby ndfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:14 pm

First half put me to sleep, hopefully the 2nd half can wake me up and get me excited for the 2nd game.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 pm

Yikes that is one ugly half of basketball. I do think both teams are playing solid defense, but at this point of their seasons, a 14 point half shouldn't have them tied at halftime.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 pm

NDinPHX wrote:Boy, it seems like a lot of missed layups. And, I have to say that the play-by-play guy on KDIX is really struggling on the Mott-Regent Wildfire thing, he even missed some plays where he didn't even see the play.

Yeah and he keeps call Schweitzer by the name Schweigurt. I thought it would be nice to listen to that broadcast for the local flavor but it has been tough. I have two computers set up and the kdix broadcast is much ahead of the classbbasketball broadcast.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:19 pm

A very poor half of basketball by both teams. I'm looking forward to seeing some scoring in the second half. Hopefully the jitters will be gone by then.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:20 pm

That was the ugliest half of hoops I have witnessed. Not sure if it is the rims but no one is even close even on layups. Wow!
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:25 pm

NDinPHX wrote:Boy, it seems like a lot of missed layups. And, I have to say that the play-by-play guy on KDIX is really struggling on the Mott-Regent Wildfire thing, he even missed some plays where he didn't even see the play.

In the second half it sounds like they switched play-by-play guys. Mott-Regent is now making some layups.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:31 pm

I gotta wonder how hard it is to adjust to the depth of the Fargodome, it seems a lot of teams shoot bad there.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Now this is one reason they could use a shot clock. This is only as good as a grade school game. Sorry if i offend you class b fans.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:37 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Now this is one reason they could use a shot clock. This is only as good as a grade school game. Sorry if i offend you class b fans.

i think its safe to say that you are an idiot
letsgosox

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:39 pm

After 3 periods Watford City 30 Mott-Regent 27.
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:44 pm

Why? Is it becuase I only have 30 posts. Is it becuase I said it's around the level of a grade school game. Yeah I didn't have to post what I first said, but even though their missing a bunch of shots if they did have a shot clock the score would be higher.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:46 pm

is harrey carey announcing this game for kdix?
letsgosox

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:48 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Why? Is it becuase I only have 30 posts. Is it becuase I said it's around the level of a grade school game. Yeah I didn't have to post what I first said, but even though their missing a bunch of shots if they did have a shot clock the score would be higher.

Holy take it easy. Who said anything about you only having 30 posts? That doesn't challenge your credibility, what you say does that. I don't think if they had a shot clock the score would've been any higher in this game because the teams had a hard enough time finding a shot, let alone making it with a time limit.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:49 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Now this is one reason they could use a shot clock. This is only as good as a grade school game. Sorry if i offend you class b fans.

Anytime someone says "Sorry if I offend you....." its pretty obvious that that is exactly what you are doing. I don't agree with you about the shot clock. These guys could have doubled their attempts, and because of their poor shooting it would still have been a low scoring half.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:50 pm

39-33 watford 4:00 left...go wolves
letsgosox

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 pm

3:40 to play

WC 37
M/R 33
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby GFRR99 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:52 pm

no offense to class b players but this game is ridiculous. i had to change the channel after i saw 5 turnovers in a row that werent even caused by good defense. i honestly think the freshmen champs from the east could compete with these teams. this is the first class b game i have ever seen and its worst then i expected. i am hoping to see a better game tonight to change my opinon
is shipman up for mr. bball? if so that is horrible. i dont think he would start for any of the class A schools.
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:54 pm

GFRR99 wrote:no offense to class b players but this game is ridiculous. i had to change the channel after i saw 5 turnovers in a row that werent even caused by good defense. i honestly think the freshmen champs from the east could compete with these teams. this is the first class b game i have ever seen and its worst then i expected. i am hoping to see a better game tonight to change my opinon
is shipman up for mr. bball? if so that is horrible. i dont think he would start for any of the class A schools.

watford isnt playing to their potential, bc they are usually alot better than this. mott/regent came out of a weak region.
letsgosox

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:55 pm

I would say that Region 7 was down this year, but I wouldn't say it was weak!
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:56 pm

haha i love how the announcer said " the 3 point shot has really changed basketball" i dont think that has been said since the late 80's
letsgosox

Postby MARKWALD23 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:01 pm

Just as you say Sox. Mott-Regent should have been beaten by about 25 points.
MARKWALD23
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys