Mott-Regent vs Watford City commentary

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Mott-Regent vs Watford City commentary

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:03 pm

MARKWALD23 wrote:Just as you say Sox. Mott-Regent should have been beaten by about 25 points.

word
letsgosox

Postby letsgosox » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:05 pm

52-43 watford wins
letsgosox

Postby tellmeaboutit » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:08 pm

Watford City has the longest winning streak in the state....25-0.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:09 pm

WC showed signs of being the number 1 team in the state at the same time if they play like that tomorrow I cant see them beating anyone else in the tournament. Mott is scrappy though so maybe that played into their performance. I still cant see WC being crowned this year.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby oldminerfan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:18 pm

I said before the tourney that WC wasn't really even fun to watch, anyone agree now. I may have missed some of the second half because I fell asleep.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tcbison » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:42 pm

Congrats to Watford City. Good luck to the wolves in the rest of the tournament!
tcbison
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:07 pm

Yikes MR played bad (mostly due to WC's defense and physicality). I don;t think that WC played that well either. They just had a few good minutes and took over. COngrats WC. The best team won. Good luck and bring home the championship. I have to say that when I go to bed tonight, I will be praying for a TLM-WC CHampionship. !!! Go wolves!!
hp fan

Postby cntrfthrs » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:19 am

After watching all the games yesterday, the only thing i have to say is how did watford manage to beat grafton???...im not taking anything away from the wolves since they are representing region 8 which is my favorite but man, if the wolves play the way they did last night thru the rest of the tourney...im not sure they can get by TL-M or Grafton. (again)...but a wins a win no matter how ugly...lets hope the wolves play up to thier potential tonight...go wolves!
cntrfthrs
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:33 am

Watford City did not impress me at all. on alot of the post this year all i heard was how the west is so dominant well if watford plays like they did last night Grafton could be in the championship game
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:35 am

Overall, nobody looked like a sure bet. I'm not saying this is a weak field of eight, but I don't see any one team that I would consider great.....Usually one or two teams come in as obvious favorites. I don't see that being the case this year.
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Scary Gary » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:02 am

GFRR99 wrote:no offense to class b players but this game is ridiculous. i had to change the channel after i saw 5 turnovers in a row that werent even caused by good defense. i honestly think the freshmen champs from the east could compete with these teams. this is the first class b game i have ever seen and its worst then i expected. i am hoping to see a better game tonight to change my opinon
is shipman up for mr. bball? if so that is horrible. i dont think he would start for any of the class A schools.

Interesting. Here is a Class A fella, making these comments on Class B basketball. LOL.

Think about this for a minute: In wrestling, Class A had to get added to Class B, because they couldn't get anyone to show up at the state Class A tourney. Why? LOL. Here's why. The Class A fans don't give a hoot. Populations, school disctricts 10x the size, yet no one shows up. Pathetic and classless.

Basketball? Do some research on which Class---in BOTH girls and guys, which brings in more revenue, which has the higher TV ratings, etc. It's Class B by a landslide. Getting obvious yet?

LOL.
Scary Gary

Postby scruffy » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:00 am

GFRR99 is right. The quality is better in "A" then "B". HOWEVER....Class "B" is way more interesting because of the number of teams involved. In class "A" there might be three or four teams with a shot at a title. In class "B" it's much more then that. Thats why there is more interest in "B"..
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to Boys