Turtle Lake-mercer vs Bishop Ryan Commentary

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Turtle Lake-mercer vs Bishop Ryan Commentary

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:44 pm

*edited by mod

TLM 58- Minot-Ryan 49.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Turtle Lake-mercer vs Bishop Ryan Commentary

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:44 pm

have never seen Malzer play...lookin forward to see what he can do
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:48 pm

TLM 28-17 @ half. Both teams are playing real poor must have some nerves issues.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:04 pm

is vetter even in high school....im pretty sure hes like 27 haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby blue steel » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:06 pm

It seems like he's been playin for like 10 years
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:08 pm

haha yea....and when they showed the close up at the FT line. if i saw him walkin downt he street i would think hes a guy who finished college and has a family, not a high school senior haha
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 pm

TLM wins ugly. That was the worst I have seen them play all year. Nelson is a much better player than he showed today and so is Malzer. TLM 56-55.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby project-pat » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:48 pm

How many did Malzer have today?
project-pat

Postby NDSportsFan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:51 pm

I caught the end of the game, it looked like a hard fought game, I was impressed with both teams.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby twinsfan34 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:01 pm

biggest ticket wrote:TLM wins ugly. That was the worst I have seen them play all year. Nelson is a much better player than he showed today and so is Malzer. TLM 56-55.

My prediction in the "TLM vs. Ryan" thread was fairly accurate. I had them winning in OT by 2 or 3, with Malzer being the difference. Obviously the game didn't go to OT and having not seen the game yet (DVR'ed it at home) I am not sure if Malzer was the difference. But I came close in the point spread. :)

Good luck to the Trojans in the semis tomorrow night!
twinsfan34

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:08 pm

Malzer had 25 but he had way more TOs than normal. Credit Ryans D and it being the first state appearance for the TLM gang for 31 years. Malzer can dribble threw a car wash with out the gettin wet if he doesnt want it too but down the stretch tonight had some butter fingers. He definitly was still the difference. Hes an amazing player.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:36 pm

I agree with u biggest ticket, I know we battle the whole week, but I will be the first to admit I was wrong and Malzer is a complete stud. Except like you mentioned the TOs, him and Nelson looked like they just tried to dribble to much through traffic. It was a great game to be at. Good luck to both teams tommorrow
Bill Cartwright

Postby HeisAlive » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:59 pm

I believe the difference in the game was when Vetter got his second foul early in the 1st quarter and set down for a good long time. I believe it threw BR off. They were depending on Austin to bust lose and no one from BR stepped up to score a few points w/Vetter out. Not taken anything from TL-M, they held off a good assult from BR late in the game for the "W" and to more on in the tourney... Best wishes to both teams and thanks for a very exciting game.
Phil 4:13,19
HeisAlive
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:22 pm

Good points about Vetter. He is a stud and came on strong in the second half. TLM doubles down real well and strips big guys extremely well for their size. They did it to Vetter the whole first half. Having some inside with the TLM team when they got their 15 point lead and Nelson and Malzer having 3 fouls they stopped the double down so they wouldnt get their 4th due to there was stilll 4 left in the 3rd quarter. Vetter being the player he is took advantage of the single coverage and dominated until TLM decided to throw the double down back on with 2 to go in the game and not worried about fouling their stud ball handlers out. From the sounds of it Vetter is strong but deliberate and was easy to get off his game from the backside thus Vetter stopped scoring again once the double down happened.

Tonight I have a feeling that Shockman will get the same treatment that Vetter got until the guards from TLM get in foul trouble. Hopefully Shockman has the same amount of trouble figuring out where the double downs come from because if he can handle the quick guard hands coming in so he cant do power dribbles to the whole then Lamoure is cable of upending the Trojan run.

My prediction is Lamoure will run a little more than Ryan which is good for the Trojans. Nelson will be hot tonight and Malzer is a freak so TLM will advance is a good one 75-68.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys