Four Winds vs LaMoure game commentary

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Four Winds vs LaMoure game commentary

Postby lovesndsports » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:26 pm

Score??
lovesndsports

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:28 pm

4 WINDS IS BACK IN THE SUNSHINE BRACKET...........
toughregion2

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:28 pm

lovesndsports wrote:Score??

LaMoure 59 FW 47 1:43 left in the 4th.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:30 pm

toughregion2 wrote:4 WINDS IS BACK IN THE SUNSHINE BRACKET...........

I think most expected them to be. They got hot in regionals and won it. I still don't think they were the best team in that region. They haven't had a answer for Shockman and meanwhile its been a game of Where's CJ?
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Stromer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:36 pm

LaMoure 68 FW 55 Final.
Hater of the NC$$

Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:40 pm

LaMoure
Shockman - 1st team all-state type game....monster double-double. something like 20 and 13 or something like that.
Stemen - will be a good player the next 2 years when he becomes the go to guy on the team.
Watkins - great player who does a little bit of everything, offense, defense, passing, rebounding.

Great balance as a team with 4 guys in double figures, seemed to be just too fast as a team for four winds to match

Four Winds
Ironheart - did he even play? body was there but he wasnt, 2-20 about
Alberts - good post who is a little undersized but uses quickness
Lovejoy - just a freshman? wow. i wouldnt be suprised to see him on TV again atleast once during he next 3 years.

Young team who battled even though the hyped up leader didnt do anything to help them, look for them to be in the mix for the region once again next year
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:42 pm

I was very impressed by LaMoure - Not necessarily a shoe in game to the championship for TLM or Minot Ryan. Should be a good match-up tomorrow.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:58 pm

I think this is one game where FW should have backed off on the full court press. Lamoure killed them by breaking it with ease and getting layups. FW played better in their halfcourt 5 wide offense, I thought, but only when they were attacking the D. They were standing around alot and thats where they were throwing the ball away the most. They did take much better care of the ball in the second half but had a hard time getting the shots to fall.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby munson11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:32 pm

That press wasn't doing a thing for Four Winds. Had LaMoure kept a better handle on the ball then there would have been a much wider gap in the score, but of course had FW kept a better handle on the ball then the gap would've been smaller.

Ironheart? Guy earlier in this thread said it perfectly. Runs to the corner and stands with his hands on his hips. When he would get the ball down there he would miss the open shot. I wasn't impressed with him at all.

44 for FW--Who was that guy? He was 10x more impressive than Ironheart. Has he played like that all season? What year is he?
munson11

Postby BballFan1307 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:37 pm

munson11 wrote:That press wasn't doing a thing for Four Winds. Had LaMoure kept a better handle on the ball then there would have been a much wider gap in the score, but of course had FW kept a better handle on the ball then the gap would've been smaller.

Ironheart? Guy earlier in this thread said it perfectly. Runs to the corner and stands with his hands on his hips. When he would get the ball down there he would miss the open shot. I wasn't impressed with him at all.

44 for FW--Who was that guy? He was 10x more impressive than Ironheart. Has he played like that all season? What year is he?

44 is chuck lovejoy and he is a Freshman! he will be very good the next few years.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:50 pm

munson11 wrote:Ironheart? Guy earlier in this thread said it perfectly. Runs to the corner and stands with his hands on his hips. When he would get the ball down there he would miss the open shot. I wasn't impressed with him at all.

He hasnt been shooting the ball real well the last few games. Im sure that hes frustrated with himself, you could see it the way he was walking around the court, just the look on his face basically said it all.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm

i liked what Smith did with Ironheart in the 2nd half. i saw the same thing on how he was walking on the court and when he would get taken out his shoulders would just drop. im sure over the course of hte year he was told to keep shooting, so Smith knew with they way he was playing and how low his confidence was it was sometimes better to have him on the bench when trying to make a run back in the game. then once the game was out of hand get him back in and hope he makes a shot or 2 to get his confidence for the next 2 games. good coaching i thought...
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby munson11 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Lovejoy...wow. For a bigger guy he has some pretty moves. I was expecting a more pound-it-in type of player but what I was seeing was more graceful than anything.

I can understand Ironheart being frustrated, but he shouldn't give up. Whether that's what he was doing or not, I'm unsure, but he wasn't trying everything he could to keep them in the game. I guess what I had built up in my head was some sort of running and gunning super player, not somebody who runs to the end of the court and waits.
munson11

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 pm

Great game LaMoure. Just came from the Fargo Dome and was very impressed with LaMoures ability to handle a scrappy team. They were very patient on offense when they didn't have the fast break. I thought they could have had some more fast break opportunities if #10 had a little better court vision. Missed a few outlet passes that could have led to some easy buckets.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby all_around » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:33 pm

baseball wrote:LaMoure
Shockman - 1st team all-state type game....monster double-double. something like 20 and 13 or something like that.
Stemen - will be a good player the next 2 years when he becomes the go to guy on the team.
Watkins - great player who does a little bit of everything, offense, defense, passing, rebounding.

Great balance as a team with 4 guys in double figures, seemed to be just too fast as a team for four winds to match

Four Winds
Lovejoy - just a freshman? wow. i wouldnt be suprised to see him on TV again atleast once during he next 3 years.

Young team who battled even though the hyped up leader didnt do anything to help them, look for them to be in the mix for the region once again next year

WOW!?!?!?! FW looked like they didnt want it... CJ was off, Zack had an awesome game, what happened to the Oliver D. that was supposed to be the next TI??? Chuck stepped it up big time, anybody know how many turnovers Joran Black had??? Well hopefully they can bring home the third place trophy!!! Lamoure had an awesome game! Well I think alot of people knew FW wasnt going to take home the championship trophy but they still did good against a team that was supposed to blow them out of the water.. Good game to both teams!!!
all_around

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:42 pm

all_around wrote:

Four Winds

WOW!?!?!?! FW looked like they didnt want it... CJ was off, Zack had an awesome game, what happened to the Oliver D. that was supposed to be the next TI??? Chuck stepped it up big time, anybody know how many turnovers Joran Black had??? Well hopefully they can bring home the third place trophy!!! Lamoure had an awesome game! Well I think alot of people knew FW wasnt going to take home the championship trophy but they still did good against a team that was supposed to blow them out of the water.. Good game to both teams!!!

what does that even mean??
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby parkerAKAthefuture » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 pm

It was a good game. Ollie D had an ok game, not his best, but IMO he is one of the best soph. in the state. WOW Chuckie LJ....awesome game...IMO the BEST FRESHMAN in the STATE!!!

Good game boys....keep playing hard....you are a very YOUNG TEAM and you WILL be back!!!!!!

GO INDIANS!!!
parkerAKAthefuture
NDPreps Starter

Postby all_around » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:45 pm

baseball wrote:
all_around wrote:

Four Winds

It means exactly what it says, hopefully, since they lost the first game, they can win the rest of the games, and get the third place trophy!!!?!?!?! Get it??
all_around

Postby Baller » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm

all_around wrote:
baseball wrote:
all_around wrote:

Four Winds

It means exactly what it says, hopefully, since they lost the first game, they can win the rest of the games, and get the third place trophy!!!?!?!?! Get it??

But if they win the rest, they get 5th place....so no I dont get it.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby all_around » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:51 pm

Baller wrote:
all_around wrote:
baseball wrote:
all_around wrote:

Four Winds

But if they win the rest, they get 5th place....so no I dont get it.

whoops my bad!! haha I feel like an idiot! lol
all_around

Postby nativegolfer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:12 pm

Way to hang there FW. Lamoure is a darn good team and you didn't up. Couldn't find an answer for Shockman who is heck of a ball player. Play hard your next 2 games and remember, win or lose Spirit Lake is still proud of you!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby someone » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 pm

GoodO'LBoy wrote:Great game LaMoure. Just came from the Fargo Dome and was very impressed with LaMoures ability to handle a scrappy team. They were very patient on offense when they didn't have the fast break. I thought they could have had some more fast break opportunities if #10 had a little better court vision. Missed a few outlet passes that could have led to some easy buckets.

What does scrappy mean.
someone

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:57 pm

someone wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:Great game LaMoure. Just came from the Fargo Dome and was very impressed with LaMoures ability to handle a scrappy team. They were very patient on offense when they didn't have the fast break. I thought they could have had some more fast break opportunities if #10 had a little better court vision. Missed a few outlet passes that could have led to some easy buckets.

What does scrappy mean.

Straight from a thesaurus
scrappy
adjective
a scrappy kid of sixteen feisty, tenacious, determined, persistent, dogged, aggressive, forceful; argumentative, confrontational, combative, antagonistic, bellicose, belligerent, combative, pugnacious; informal spoiling for a fight.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys