2008 Stutsman County Tournament

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2008 Stutsman County Tournament

Postby brockstar41 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:19 am

Just wanted to know if anybody knew who is going to take Tapen's place next year since they are co-oping with Steele.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2008 Stutsman County Tournament

Postby rep » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:41 pm

haven't heard from sure, but if i would have to take a stab, my guess would be one of the district 5 teams that isn't already there. maybe lmm or bcn, but that would mean not going to the barnes county tournament for them. i don't see ellendale giving up their holiday tournament...edgeley and kulm co-op will likely still be coming if i had to guess.
rep

Postby baseball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:56 pm

is the barnes county tournament played in VC or is it a BCN hosted tourney?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby mdk23 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:41 am

The Barnes County Tournament is hosted by Valley City State and is played in the WE Osmon Fieldhouse (The Bubble). I feel like the tournament has seen somewhat of a decrease in competitiveness in the past few years, but its still a great place to play and a good chance for some high school teams to get experience on a bigger court against some non-district teams early in the season. I think the Stutsman County Tournament has a stronger field on an average year, yet I don't see anyone that plays in the Barnes County Tournament giving it up to play in the Stutsman. (Especially if the Jamestown Civic Center doesn't get a better floor. I hear there is some controversy over the condition of the floor and how it is affecting play and that some area teams are unhappy with the up-keep of it.)
"I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying." Michael Jordan
mdk23
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:57 am

mdk23 wrote:The Barnes County Tournament is hosted by Valley City State and is played in the WE Osmon Fieldhouse (The Bubble). I feel like the tournament has seen somewhat of a decrease in competitiveness in the past few years, but its still a great place to play and a good chance for some high school teams to get experience on a bigger court against some non-district teams early in the season. I think the Stutsman County Tournament has a stronger field on an average year, yet I don't see anyone that plays in the Barnes County Tournament giving it up to play in the Stutsman. (Especially if the Jamestown Civic Center doesn't get a better floor. I hear there is some controversy over the condition of the floor and how it is affecting play and that some area teams are unhappy with the up-keep of it.)

is that the new excuse when teams get beat out or what.....ive never heard of that one before. i played in the JCC and i didnt see anything wrong with.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:19 pm

Floor in bad shape. Many gaps and uneven spots. Lot of bleeding when players dive for loose balls. Needs repair now.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Boys