forum article on Logan Carlblom

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

forum article on Logan Carlblom

Postby eastfan1 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:20 am

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/194727

It will be fun watching him play this weekend.
eastfan1
NDPreps Reserve

Re: forum article on Logan Carlblom

Postby steel33 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:21 am

Yah. it was real fun...He looked like a fish out of water. Didn't look like he ever touched a basketball before...
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby itsmillertime » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:20 am

steel33 wrote:Yah. it was real fun...He looked like a fish out of water. Didn't look like he ever touched a basketball before...

It didn't look to me that #1 Watford city had much success against Grafton yesterday either.
Did Mr Basketball candidate Shipman dominate them.
Lisbon and Carlblom lost by 2 points after playing their worst game of the season.
itsmillertime

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:47 am

steel33 wrote:Yah. it was real fun...He looked like a fish out of water. Didn't look like he ever touched a basketball before...

One of the more commical posts I have read on this forum and I agree he didnt look good day 1. As well as Shippman doesnt look MR BBall material. From what I hear though Austin Default is legit and represents Class B well as does Cameron Malzer from TLM.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsmart » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Reading some of these posts so I did a little research because I think it is crazy you can sit at your computer and be an expert on how bad a high school kid played. Don't want to get into all the stats, but doesn't playing great defense mean anything anymoe? I watched on tv and seemed to me Carlbom and the big kid from Grafton were putting lots of energy into defense. I think this day and age if someone isn't the leading scorer they get bashed for having a bad game???? I will take a good defensive player as a top player anyday. I think Logan had 10pts, 7rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals and that is playing a bad game??? Wow I guess I would take him on my team anyday!! Not sure of the Grafton stats, but I do know he worked his tale off on defense. Go work on your defense and stop bragging about all the points all the time.
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Postby hoop_fan1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:02 pm

Well said!

One other point- free throw shooting!!!

I was watching some college games yesterday, and the free throw shooting was terrible and the commentators made it a focal point of their discussion. There is not enough emphasis with these kids on free throw shooting, it is getting worse, IMO. they were talking about 1 team attempting 100 free throws every day in practice. the other guy said,"Well, they should be shooting 200 the way they're shooting today!". It would make a big difference on the outcome of alot of the close games if the kids could hit the free throws at the end.

Comments?

sportsmart wrote:Reading some of these posts so I did a little research because I think it is crazy you can sit at your computer and be an expert on how bad a high school kid played. Don't want to get into all the stats, but doesn't playing great defense mean anything anymoe? I watched on tv and seemed to me Carlbom and the big kid from Grafton were putting lots of energy into defense. I think this day and age if someone isn't the leading scorer they get bashed for having a bad game???? I will take a good defensive player as a top player anyday. I think Logan had 10pts, 7rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals and that is playing a bad game??? Wow I guess I would take him on my team anyday!! Not sure of the Grafton stats, but I do know he worked his tale off on defense. Go work on your defense and stop bragging about all the points all the time.
hoop_fan1
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 pm

hoop_fan1 wrote:Well said!

One other point- free throw shooting!!!

I was watching some college games yesterday, and the free throw shooting was terrible and the commentators made it a focal point of their discussion. There is not enough emphasis with these kids on free throw shooting, it is getting worse, IMO. they were talking about 1 team attempting 100 free throws every day in practice. the other guy said,"Well, they should be shooting 200 the way they're shooting today!". It would make a big difference on the outcome of alot of the close games if the kids could hit the free throws at the end.

Comments?

sportsmart wrote:Reading some of these posts so I did a little research because I think it is crazy you can sit at your computer and be an expert on how bad a high school kid played. Don't want to get into all the stats, but doesn't playing great defense mean anything anymoe? I watched on tv and seemed to me Carlbom and the big kid from Grafton were putting lots of energy into defense. I think this day and age if someone isn't the leading scorer they get bashed for having a bad game???? I will take a good defensive player as a top player anyday. I think Logan had 10pts, 7rebounds, 3 blocks and 2 steals and that is playing a bad game??? Wow I guess I would take him on my team anyday!! Not sure of the Grafton stats, but I do know he worked his tale off on defense. Go work on your defense and stop bragging about all the points all the time.

Wasn't impressed with Carlblom one bit. Those stats you mentioned are good but what about when Lisbon needed some clutch baskets in the fourth quarter. Where was the all stater then?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby itsmillertime » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:25 am

It takes a team not one player to get to the State tournament, so why is it always the leading scorers fault if the team loses. Its a team effort and a team loss. Also playing a tough hard defensive game tires you out and alters your offensive play. I've been there and know from experience.
My coach only asked for your best effort , regardless of if you win or lose.
itsmillertime

Postby Baller » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:26 am

I think we have bashed Logan enough...he is a great player that didnt have a great tourney, it happens.

Closed
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys