Fargodome as a basketball venue

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Fargodome as a basketball venue

Postby underdog » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:25 pm

The Fargo Dome not cool for BBall, and the tourney should NEVER be held there again. Or in the city of Fargo for that matter. Why cant it be centrally located? All the area schools used to load up buses and take kids to the state B for the opening rounds. How many buses other than the schools that were in the tourney did you see there?? You cant do it when the tourney is in Fargo. The night games get over at 10:00 and then your suppose to drive anywhere from 3-8hrs home. Having the tourney in Fargo is a JOKE!! The civic center was good enough long before the dome came along.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby point/center » Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:36 pm

$$$$ drives everything. if NDHSAA and Metro Tournament Committee didnt make money it would NEVER come to Fargo. bottom line..end of discussion...if the tourney could turn FAT $$$ in Jud or Bowbells...it would be there to.
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby asiantangy99 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:45 pm

Fargo is a horrible place to have the B. Lets be honest now, who wants to watch a basketball game in a football arena? Well maybe some of you do but I definatley do not. Yes Fargo has all the necessary hotels and restaurants to accomadate everyone coming to Fargo for the B, but the Fargodome is just too big to hold a basketball tournament. I have been to 4 State B Boys Basketball Tournaments as a student with 2 different schools, Imo Bismarck and Minot are way better places to host the tournament. Some people are right by saying " Fargo acts like it doesnt even care that the B is in town" because I as a fan have had incidents with this. What about the location....hmmm this isnt a very central spot, so for teams out west and northwest it kinda is an unfair disadvantage imo because they have to travel way further. If Fargo was taken off the map as a host for the B I think many people would honestly not care.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby gobison44 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:07 pm

If the NDHSAA had a brain, it would be in Bismarck every year. The Bismarck Civic Center is perfect for a basketball tournament of that size. As far as players being upset the tournament being in fargo? I think that is silly. I dont think they care where it is, being 8 of 100 some teams still playing on state wide tv is a thrill. I dont buy the whole "people dont care" bit in fargo. they do care. a lot. but, venue wise, it just makes sense to have it bismarck. and its in the center of the state! just *bleeping* have it in bismarck all the time!
gobison44
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rep » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:45 am

point/center wrote:$$$$ drives everything. if NDHSAA and Metro Tournament Committee didnt make money it would NEVER come to Fargo. bottom line..end of discussion...if the tourney could turn FAT $$$ in Jud or Bowbells...it would be there to.

jud would be a great venue, except i don't know if they have wireless out in the hills...might have to park on the grass for championship night, but i think i'm going to put together a letter tonight and make a push for them to host in 2011.
rep

Postby MHSfan » Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:05 am

There is talks in Minot that Swain hall next to the Dome will be renovated to count as the 2nd gym for the "Super A" (IMO it's not that super). But if that went through it should rotate between Bismarck and Minot because both the Fargo dome and the alerus center are horrible and too cavernous to host basketball games; PERIOD! I mean come on you play in the Fargo Dome and there are 1000 ft coutains hanging from the ceiling to separate the courts.
"You miss 100% of all shots you don't take."
Wayne Gretzky
MHSfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eyeinthesky » Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:17 pm

MHSfan wrote:There is talks in Minot that Swain hall next to the Dome will be renovated to count as the 2nd gym for the "Super A" (IMO it's not that super). But if that went through it should rotate between Bismarck and Minot because both the Fargo dome and the alerus center are horrible and too cavernous to host basketball games; PERIOD! I mean come on you play in the Fargo Dome and there are 1000 ft coutains hanging from the ceiling to separate the courts.

Yes Swain is going to be remodeled but I don't think that attempting to host the "A" has anything to do with it. I do not have the latest info, but I was told early this winter that some of the admin at MSU wanted to completely elimanate the gym in Swain during this renovation and make more classrooms and offices. Anybody know the latest regarding this??
eyeinthesky
NDPreps Starter

Postby football_1 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:00 pm

to me it is always gonna be a football stadium but i still did enjoy watching state basketball
football_1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:01 pm

football_1 wrote:to me it is always gonna be a football stadium but i still did enjoy watching state basketball

Agreed...an excellent football stadium but as far as basketball goes I really don't care for it. You're so far away from the court. As for location I believe it should be in a central part of the state.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Boys