27-0

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

27-0

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Does anyone believe watford City will pull off the perfect seaon? I believe they can but if they actuallt do it that is a different story. Best of luck!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Re: 27-0

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

i think they can do it but i doubt they will
bigtuna21

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:28 pm

why do u say that? Whats the prediction?
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:31 pm

i just dont see them runnin the table i think T-L-M is gunna take it
bigtuna21

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:07 pm

I don't see it happening either. The stress of going undeafeted will build up during one game. They'll be down in the third quarter and the stress will get to them and will start forcing alot of shots and passes.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tellmeaboutit » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:48 pm

I think that is why Mott/Regent will be a good contest for them. Both teams have deep benches, so lots of kids should get a lot of playing time giving them a good game for all the kids to get the butterflies under control. I think WC will be victorious.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDbballfan123 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:52 pm

this team has been number 1 all year but this is the first stuff ive heard about them. who do they have who scores the points who are the clutch players, ETC.
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 pm

I haven't seen them play either but I hear that Shipman is quite the player...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:56 pm

chevyman11 wrote:I don't see it happening either. The stress of going undeafeted will build up during one game. They'll be down in the third quarter and the stress will get to them and will start forcing alot of shots and passes.

in the distrcit championship they were down 9 with 4 minutes left.... they won
Region championship down 12 at one time in first half....... they won

benn in close tight games all year.... they handle pressure They will get it done

2008 North Dakota Class B Basketball Champions... Watford City Wolves...27-0
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 pm

westpower wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:I don't see it happening either. The stress of going undeafeted will build up during one game. They'll be down in the third quarter and the stress will get to them and will start forcing alot of shots and passes.

benn in close tight games all year.... they handle pressure They will get it done

A state tourney game is going to have alot more pressure then one of those games. It's the big dance and with them being so close to having a perfect season I really think that it will get to them...its just my opinion and it may not though
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:12 am

They'll be down in the third quarter and the stress will get to them and will start forcing alot of shots and passes That quote right their proves you have no idea what you are talking about and have never seen WC play, i really wish people wouldn't post about what they HOPE will happen.

Seriously they have been down countless times in the 3rd qtr this year. What makes you M-R fans think they will change their style of play now...they don't force shots...just wait and see!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:15 am

I have not seen them play......i look forward to seeing them play.....this might be the most balanced state tournament top to bottom in a long time......it will be no easy task to win 3 games.....but if they do it they will deserve 27-0
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scruffy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:40 am

Would coming into the tournament 24-0 make it......There's to lose?????????????? :lol:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby nativegolfer » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:48 am

chevyman11 wrote:
westpower wrote:

A state tourney game is going to have alot more pressure then one of those games. It's the big dance and with them being so close to having a perfect season I really think that it will get to them...its just my opinion and it may not though

Why is it when we FW fans say things about FW we get absolutely pounced on, but when WC fans do the same there is hardly a response?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:19 am

Cando was the last team to have a run like this and look what happened

lost a heartbreaker in the state final
toughregion2

Postby Playa_Hata10 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:28 am

scruffy wrote:Would coming into the tournament 24-0 make it......There's to lose?????????????? :lol:

haha...thats the one time i'll laugh when u say that..otherwise i was sick of it :P

but yeah...it's there's to lose :D
Playa_Hata10

Postby future star » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:41 am

No i don't think it will happen. I think they will lose 1st round. :twisted:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby MT_20 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:44 am

when was the last time someone when undefeated???
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby cardinal-alum » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:58 am

wasn't Mayville undefeated in 2003?
cardinal-alum

Postby ndbfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:37 pm

toughregion2 wrote:Cando was the last team to have a run like this and look what happened

lost a heartbreaker in the state final

...and look what happened???... I think that going undefeated all season long, and ending up second in state is something those Cando kids can be very proud of, and it should give them some bragging rights for years to come. Of course - every team wants to be champs, but a season like that is pretty amazing. There are a lot of players and teams that would take that season in a second if given the chance!
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:25 pm

cardinal-alum wrote:wasn't Mayville undefeated in 2003?

Yes MPCG was undefeated and finished a 50 game unbeaten streak at the State Tournament in 02-03.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:51 pm

I dont think if you asked the cando kids if that season was a success they would say yes

the parents might be proud but the kids were dissapointed
toughregion2

Postby Pfenix » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:53 pm

i really wish people wouldn't post about what they HOPE will happen.

Isn't that what we all do on this site? We don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt if our favorite team is going to win or not, including all of Watford City fans. All we know is what we would LIKE to happen or what we HOPE would happen.

All I know is, going into any post-season contest each team is on an even level. It doesn't matter what happened in the regular season, not that going undefeated isn't impressive, it is a helluva accomplishment aspecially in Basket Ball. I can think of teams who won it all going undefeated like MPCG, and I can think of teams who lost to oppurtunistic teams and failed like New Rockford.

Either Watford City will get one step closer to immortality, or we will see one of the biggest upsets we have seen in a long time. Both teams deserve to be where they are, and no matter the outcome on thursday it will be a great game. Good luck to both teams!
Last edited by Pfenix on Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby tellmeaboutit » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:57 pm

I was at the WC/Bowman County contest this winter. BC stuck with them for 3 quarters....then lost by somewhere around 20. I think the Wolves know how to win.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:11 pm

AAfootballfan wrote:

They'll be down in the third quarter and the stress will get to them and will start forcing alot of shots and passes That quote right their proves you have no idea what you are talking about and have never seen WC play, i really wish people wouldn't post about what they HOPE will happen.

Seriously they have been down countless times in the 3rd qtr this year. What makes you M-R fans think they will change their style of play now...they don't force shots...just wait and see!

No I haven't seen WC play before, but I really think the pressure will get to them. It's just my opinion which may be a little differeent then yours. Some people have also came on here and said "O M/R doesnt have a chance and they sound like they haven't seen M/R play either...
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys