Region 2 Next Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 2 Next Season

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:54 am

I no the seasons not over yet but who will be the top teams in region 2 next season???
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 2 Next Season

Postby nc » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:05 am

I think the teams for next season will be cavilier, park river, dp, and thompson. I know thompson still has morgan and reinke, dp has kueber, luerhing, lamb, morken, and a couple of freshman in herman and gorneau that will have to step up. Park river and cavilier also will be pretty good next year.
nc
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:21 am

nc wrote:I think the teams for next season will be cavilier, park river, dp, and thompson. I know thompson still has morgan and reinke, dp has kueber, luerhing, lamb, morken, and a couple of freshman in herman and gorneau that will have to step up. Park river and cavilier also will be pretty good next year.

park river and cavalier should be in the region championship next year
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:27 pm

BballFan1307 wrote:
nc wrote:I think the teams for next season will be cavilier, park river, dp, and thompson. I know thompson still has morgan and reinke, dp has kueber, luerhing, lamb, morken, and a couple of freshman in herman and gorneau that will have to step up. Park river and cavilier also will be pretty good next year.

I agree, watching the Region 2 tournament last week I seen a huge difference in defense between District 3 and District 4. District 4 played tough defense, could gaurd teams full court and had kids that could come of the bench and play just as tough defense as the player before him. District 3's teams lacked depth, all 4 teams that were in the tournament didn't have as good of bench players as District 4.

Next year I think it will be Park River, Cavalier, then Grafton as top in District 4. In District 3, Thompson, Dakota Prairie, and Hillsboro.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:04 pm

I agree, i also think that brandon chrest and mike smith will dominate in the post. i think it will be between Mosinski and Smith will have a chance at senior athlete of the year.
In District 4
1.Park River
2.Cavalier
3.Grafton
4.North Border
District 3
1.Thompson
2.Hillsboro
3.DP
4.Hatton/Northwood
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 1:47 pm

pakkyzoo wrote:
BballFan1307 wrote:

I agree, watching the Region 2 tournament last week I seen a huge difference in defense between District 3 and District 4. District 4 played tough defense, could gaurd teams full court and had kids that could come of the bench and play just as tough defense as the player before him. District 3's teams lacked depth, all 4 teams that were in the tournament didn't have as good of bench players as District 4.

Next year I think it will be Park River, Cavalier, then Grafton as top in District 4. In District 3, Thompson, Dakota Prairie, and Hillsboro.
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:20 pm

Cavalier will have their hands full.........Park River showed them who the team to beat will be next year putting a 40 point win on them at the end of the year. Grafton also put up a 30 point win against them. Will Cavalier be able to get 40 and 30 points better then these teams.......they will have to work at it.....sounds like there is already alot of parents after the coach when i think coach hartz did a great job this year with them kids......i dont know what they were expecting because i beleive they went above alot of other peoples expectations.
toughregion2

Postby shooter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:48 am

The kids and parents in Cav are in for a reality check if they really believe that they are going to be the cream of the crop next year. They don't have anyone coming up that will improve them and they lose Garrett Brown. That's the prob. with having a young team, you don't see any freshmen or sophmores coming up that will fill voids, because the freshmen and sophs are what you've got now. MAYBE, and in case you didn't notice that's a BIG MAYBE, they'll be great in 09-10, but next year they are going to be worse off than they were this year. They surprised a lot of people by knocking off NB in the districts, but other than that, they were exactly where they should have been all year. Their egos may be their biggest obstacle the next few years.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 am

Great Post
I agree 100%
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:45 am

shooter wrote:The kids and parents in Cav are in for a reality check if they really believe that they are going to be the cream of the crop next year. They don't have anyone coming up that will improve them and they lose Garrett Brown. That's the prob. with having a young team, you don't see any freshmen or sophmores coming up that will fill voids, because the freshmen and sophs are what you've got now. MAYBE, and in case you didn't notice that's a BIG MAYBE, they'll be great in 09-10, but next year they are going to be worse off than they were this year. They surprised a lot of people by knocking off NB in the districts, but other than that, they were exactly where they should have been all year. Their egos may be their biggest obstacle the next few years.

Now i got to come to my teams defense here we do lose a big scorer but we have players that can pick it up.And as far as improving the team we can improve the team by improving ourselves many of our starters next year are playing offseasons basketball and 3 of our players are going to be on an AAU team. Cavalier is working to get better so that in 2009 2010 we can make a state run just like grafton did this year. I am not saying that we will be great Next year but it is a 3 team toss up next seasons for district 4 and we are in that mix. And don't forget Cavalier beat Park River in Cavalier earlier last season and grafton loses 2 big scores AK and Wysoski but i think holland and henry will pick it up
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsnut » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:00 am

I dont think anyone has said Cavalier is going to dominate region 2 next year. Like mt_20 said, they will be in the mix. Which I agree with. The two soph's and fresh. that started this season, as well as the reserves will have to work hard in the off-season to get bigger, faster, stronger.

I think your way off if you say they will be worse off than in 07-08. Only time will tell.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:24 pm

So, MT_20, since next year is a 3 team race, I would like to know who you are leaving out?? NB, Grafton, PR, and Cavalier will all be pretty good next year. I noticed on an earlier post that you said it will be PR, Cav, and Grafton. Its been a LONG TIME since NB hasn't been in the district discussion and for you to be calling them not a part of the race for next year is pretty bold. Smith, Keller, Johnson, Setness and a 5th to be determined are going to be a solid team. Do those kids need to step up and make some improvements, yes. Do Cav, and Grafton have to make a lot of improvements, yes. PR is in a great position right now, but other than that, I think 2nd place is still up for grabs.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:04 pm

MT I heard from somebody up in Cavalier that Hartz won't be coaching next year, is that true? If so who is gonna replace him?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:37 am

well lets move on from this i didn't no my playing was going to be in question just because i made a statement about NB. Anyway who do u all think will be the best players in the Region next year
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:49 am

1 Justin M pr
2 Paul Holland grafton
3Mike Smith nb
4 Max otto pr
5 Brandon Chrest cav
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 am

toughregion2 wrote:1 Justin M pr
2 Paul Holland grafton
3Mike Smith nb
4 Max otto pr
5 Brandon Chrest cav

I think Mike Smith will be the senior athlete of the year next season.
1.Mike Smith
2.Justin Mosinski
3.Max Otto
4.Brandon Chrest
5.Paul Holland
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby blue steel » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:03 am

I thought there were two districts in this region?
blue steel
NDPreps Starter

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:08 am

blue steel wrote:I thought there were two districts in this region?

there is...but i dont think any of them really tops the players he listed....you can even throw brady robbins of cavalier on there too.. only one i can think of off hand is ricky morgan from thompson.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:13 am

i would say i picked those 5 because next year district 4 will be the class of the region again.
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:16 am

MT_20, for once we agree. Dist. 4 will run the table again next year and whoever comes out of our region will once again make a lot of noise at state.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BballFan1307 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:18 am

BballFan1307 wrote:

there is...but i dont think any of them really tops the players he listed....you can even throw brady robbins of cavalier on there too.. only one i can think of off hand is ricky morgan from thompson.

whoops forgot about kueber.... but you also have to realize these guys that he mentioned also advanced their team in regionals...something niether bergstrom or keuber did
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:04 pm

shooter wrote:MT_20, for once we agree. Dist. 4 will run the table again next year and whoever comes out of our region will once again make a lot of noise at state.

The teams this year at state did not impress me at all i think all 4 district 4 teams could have made alot of noise at the tourny (Grafton, Park River, NB, and Cavalier) and the same will be next year. district 4 is the toughest district in the state and region 2 is the toughest region in the state
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:13 pm

yadda, yadda, yadda....
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:30 pm

MT I do like what you guys in Cavalier were able to accomplish this year but I'd have to disagree that you guys would've made the same kinda noise at state as the other three teams mentioned. Your guys lack of experience really showed at the end of the year and it was a good learning experience for you guys. Next year the biggest thing that needs to happen for you guys is for Chrest and Robbins not to have the "sophomore slump". Now that everyone knows about them they will draw a lot more attention the entire year. Every player gets a surprise year and it depends on how they will handle the pressure of being the main guys for the next few years.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:34 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:MT I do like what you guys in Cavalier were able to accomplish this year but I'd have to disagree that you guys would've made the same kinda noise at state as the other three teams mentioned. Your guys lack of experience really showed at the end of the year and it was a good learning experience for you guys. Next year the biggest thing that needs to happen for you guys is for Chrest and Robbins not to have the "sophomore slump". Now that everyone knows about them they will draw a lot more attention the entire year. Every player gets a surprise year and it depends on how they will handle the pressure of being the main guys for the next few years.

I agree, I know its good to get experience at a young age. But what did these guys average last year? Some players potential peaks earlier then later. Hopefully they keep getting better, but they might have reached full potential early. Could be done growing, etc... I hope they keep getting better, but they haven't proven anything to me yet other then one big win against North Border. Id still take any of the 3 other teams in District 4 plus Dakota Prairie over them any day last year. I also think if Thompson and Cavalier played again, Thompson would win.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Next

Return to Boys