Region 2 Next Season

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 2 Next Season

Postby subway » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:07 pm

if, if, if. thats all i hear these days. what happened, HAPPENED. give me a break
subway
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:47 pm

One thing that I would say is an advantage to Cavalier is that they are getting experience as a young group of kids. Someone said earlier they wouldn't have made noise at state if given the chance- It's a possibility in a year or two.. or three.. so at least then experience won't be a factor. Something else to point out... as a coach (not in BB, but it certainly holds true in all sports at the HS level) it seems that generally kids going from their Freshmen to Sophomore years and then again from their Sophomore year to Junior years tend to mature and make a lot greater gains than those going from their Junior to Senior years. Usually by the time a kid is a junior-senior their talent is apparent, then it is just a question of how hard they want to work to get better fundamentally or if they want to work harder to get stronger
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:52 am

I have to agree the experience they have gotten is priceless
toughregion2

Postby MT_20 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:46 am

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:MT I do like what you guys in Cavalier were able to accomplish this year but I'd have to disagree that you guys would've made the same kinda noise at state as the other three teams mentioned. Your guys lack of experience really showed at the end of the year and it was a good learning experience for you guys. Next year the biggest thing that needs to happen for you guys is for Chrest and Robbins not to have the "sophomore slump". Now that everyone knows about them they will draw a lot more attention the entire year. Every player gets a surprise year and it depends on how they will handle the pressure of being the main guys for the next few years.

I honestly though we were better than some of the teams that were in the state tournament so we would of had a chance to win some games.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsnut » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:59 am

mt_20, have you been standing in the sun too long?? lol.
ndsportsnut
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarmBlooded » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:03 am

There wasn't one team there that you would have came within 20 of. Stop posting that kind of garbage. It is getting very old.
WarmBlooded
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MT_20 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:04 am

ndsportsnut wrote:mt_20, have you been standing in the sun too long?? lol.

HaHa maybe but i think that mott/regent and 4 winds were really weak compaired to teams in our region. i think any team in our region tournament could of played with or beat those two teams
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:05 am

Thank you

people are finally seeing what i am seeing.....
toughregion2

Postby toughregion2 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:16 am

Your crazy mt-20....Cavalier could not handle defensive pressure....Look what PR did to you with defensive pressure and you think you could handle FW'S press the whole game GET REAL.....your living in a basketball fantasy world.
toughregion2

Postby ndfootball06 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:21 am

North Border, Park River, and possibly Dakokta Prairie would've mad a good showing at state. If North Border played likek they did during districts, I think they would've taken last at state. Park River was playing great ball during the regional tournament but I don't think they would've had an answer for Lisbon's height in the first round. Dakota Prairie would've matched up very well with Lisbon. I'm sorry but Cavalier wouldn't have been able to compete too well with the teams at state. They are two years away from being a team to beat in Region 2. Park River is the favorite right now. Grafton is going to be better than many think right now. Holand could possibly be the best scorer in the region with the losses Grafton had. Collete showed how good defensively he is at state. White came off the bench against Lisbon and had a huge game. He continues to improve every game and impresses me more and more. Medina came off the bench and shut down the MVP of the state tournament (not to mention Henry can shoot the trey, had a huge one in the region and state championship games). Those four with the addition of Wade Berg (Chad's little brother) who can jump very well and is a very good player from 15 feet on in, will be very tough next year. Derek White (Devin's twin) came off of a very devastating football injury this year. His sophomore year he was Grafton's number 3 post player behind Schiller and Kliniske. If he gets back to 100% the Spoilers will have a couple of VERY STRONG post players in Devin and Derek.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby shooter » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:59 pm

I think the White boys should move back to Walhalla!! It's their hometown anyway, so why not come back around and play for NB!! Grafton will be very good again, I agree. I think that Cav. could very well end up being the 3 or 4 seed easily in the district again. NB is a wild card. They could be tough, but some guys will have to step up. NB always finds a way to get the job done, and I don't expect any less next year.
shooter
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:18 pm

Several posts have been deleted to get rid of the bashing of a player and his mom that was going on here. Absolutely uncalled for. Poster has been warned.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:38 am

how about some of the lower teams could they improve or will they stay at the bottom of the districts again? (Griggs Co. Central Valley, Valley/Edinburg, Midway-minto,ect.)
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:53 am

I think Griggs County will challenge for a regional spot next year. They only lose one player and Demontigny will be stronger at running the point. Jesse Ott has a huge upside - he just needs to cut it loose and let his talent shine.

Central Valley will be better but I don't see them moving up much, if at all. They won't be winless next year, but they just don't have any size and they don't shoot well enough to compensate for that lack of size. That could change with a summer of hard work and the return of a couple of guys that sat out this year.

I see MPCG returning to the region next year. They lose some quality kids but their JV was loaded with solid ballplayers and a bunch of size.

Hatton-Northwood will be the one to fall out of the region, in my opinion. They get a lot smaller next year with Wallace and Hajicek gone and they will miss Benjamin Strand a lot. Bilden and Workin are good guards with good range and Huus is a great slasher, but I don't think they will have enough at the other spots to open up lanes for Huus to drive through.

I'd pick District 3 this way as of today:
1. Thompson
2. Dakota Prairie
3. Hillsboro
4. MPCG

But I would NOT be surprised to see Griggs take that 4th spot.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:17 pm

larimore lost a few guys to graduation this year, right? i know hager's around but who else will they have
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby halibut » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:29 am

champs0607 wrote:larimore lost a few guys to graduation this year, right? i know hager's around but who else will they have

They graduate Kirk Prosser and Broc Trosen. Larimore should be just as strong next year as they were this year. Prosser and Trosen are two very athletic kids but return a core group and many very athletic kids.

They return Cole Delhorme, Karl Hager, and Brandon Berger from last years starters.

They will also have Anthony Denault, Andrew Berge, Jake Ophaug stepping into the missing spots. All of these players play considerable amounts of varsity this last season, with some even starting some games, which does help.

Larimore will compete next year just like they were in the mix of things to the end of the regular season this year but fell apart at tournament time. Hopefully the Polar Bears can build off that.

My picks for next year:
1) Thompson - Reinke, Zak, Morgan will be very tough...too tough for the rest of the district
2) Hillsboro - very athletic. Meyer and Horne as seniors scares me. Grothman is a great player also.
3) Dakota Prairie - every team in the district will have troubles guarding Kueber. They'll go as far as he can take them
4) Larimore - Like i said previously, good core group back. Awesome back court in Delhorme/Hager
5) MPCG - secret to this teams success is Dan Baldwin's offseason work. If he can become dominant, I could see MPCG up all the way to #2, but I don't see that.
6) Griggs - keep growing better every year and with the graduation of only Urness, they won't slow down that process. Lack of experience will have them settling around here I think though.
7) HN - return 3 good players in Huus, Bilden and Workin but nothing else.
8 ) Cenral Valley - will improve some from last year but not enough to get bumped from the #8
halibut
NDPreps Reserve

Postby balla4life23 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:27 pm

i think thompson will be a very tough team in the next coming up season
they have 2 returning starts and a good bench
their jv only i think lost like 2 games
balla4life23

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:54 pm

I think Mack and the boys are gonna.... oh nevermind haha
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:55 pm

Don't even start, NorthBorder. We got rid of that pain in the $$$. :wink:
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby milton-meteor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:57 pm

cavalier has a great future
Last edited by milton-meteor on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
milton-meteor

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:18 pm

milton-meteor wrote:Cavalier needs a Good Hard nosed disciplined coach, (no offense Coach Hartz) to contain the ego's, and get the risky passing of Brady Robbins (great potential), sloppy entry passes to the post players, teach them how to run the floor even better, improve on turnovers. Then mabey, not next season but the following two season, just mabey!!!

first off, It's MAYBE. second off, they are a young team and young teams make mistakes. He did a fine job as coach.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:48 pm

milton-meteor wrote:Cavalier needs a Good Hard nosed disciplined coach, (no offense Coach Hartz) to contain the ego's, and get the risky passing of Brady Robbins (great potential), sloppy entry passes to the post players, teach them how to run the floor even better, improve on turnovers. Then mabey, not next season but the following two season, just mabey!!!

Who will coach them then? Especially whose hard nosed? They are struggling up in Cavalier enough as it is for coaching. They don't have a head football coach or girls basketball coach. I've heard hartz isn't coming back but thats just what i've heard. It will be interesting to see how they fill there head coaching positions up there for next year.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby milton-meteor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:58 pm

next season will be a challange for the top teams in region two
Last edited by milton-meteor on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
milton-meteor

Postby milton-meteor » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:16 pm

08-09 will be fun to watch plain out in this region
Last edited by milton-meteor on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
milton-meteor

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Hey Mitlon Meatyer, learn to spell.

It's MAYBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And learn your towns. Central Cass, Central Valley, two completely different places who are NOT irrelevant.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys