Sportsmanship

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Sportsmanship

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:19 pm

MT_20 wrote:
panther wrote:The sportsmanship just gets worse and worse. There are poor sports from EVERY town and/or school
and they get all the coverage. A couple of the NB players are known for their bad attitudes. One in
particular, a starting senior player I might add, tried to pick a fight in the hall with a Cavalier player after their District game. He was literally drug away by his coach. There were instances in nearly every game where players show poor attitudes. Have you every seen a coach sit one of them down? Players who get a
technical foul for poor language or behavior are still allowed to return to the game. Sorry, they should
be done for the game. That's how is used to be, and most players learned to deal with it. The problem lies with the adults who choose to reward this type
of behavior by giving the only Regional award to a player whose known for his talking back, for heckling and
for contesting calls. These awards are supposed to encompass grade point average,
attitude, leadership, and athletisicm. Adults choose over and over to ignore this type of behavior and
attitude and then wonder why it's getting worse? Come on people!!

Awsome post they do have poor attitudes i honestly think that a certian player from grafton who is 6'6" should have gottin the Award!!!!!

Tanner Carpenter deserved the award
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:24 pm

The Schwab wrote:
MT_20 wrote:
panther wrote:The sportsmanship just gets worse and worse. There are poor sports from EVERY town and/or school
and they get all the coverage. A couple of the NB players are known for their bad attitudes. One in
particular, a starting senior player I might add, tried to pick a fight in the hall with a Cavalier player after their District game. He was literally drug away by his coach. There were instances in nearly every game where players show poor attitudes. Have you every seen a coach sit one of them down? Players who get a
technical foul for poor language or behavior are still allowed to return to the game. Sorry, they should
be done for the game. That's how is used to be, and most players learned to deal with it. The problem lies with the adults who choose to reward this type
of behavior by giving the only Regional award to a player whose known for his talking back, for heckling and
for contesting calls. These awards are supposed to encompass grade point average,
attitude, leadership, and athletisicm. Adults choose over and over to ignore this type of behavior and
attitude and then wonder why it's getting worse? Come on people!!

Awsome post they do have poor attitudes i honestly think that a certian player from grafton who is 6'6" should have gottin the Award!!!!!

Tanner Carpenter deserved the award

IDK about that but i say AK leads the region in scoring two years in a row and doesn't get it i don't understand it he was the dominant force in the region tanner had been slowed down alot this year but AK rolled over everyone. I also would like to say Ak didn't have a cocky attitude and just went out there and worked form start to finish
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby Curveball » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:41 pm

I would have to agree with AK gettting the award, except the fact that the announcer at Regions always said, "AK Klinske" (spelling), I mean is'nt that a little redundant? I just thought that was a little funny. Carpenter did like to complain alot, and AK was a class act, his whole school was celebrating after they won the region, and AK was waiting to shake PR hands.
Curveball
NDPreps Reserve

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:19 pm

Tanner deserved the award.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:21 pm

AK is a fine player dont get me wrong. But let me ask you this how many games would grafton win with out ak....i would have to say they would of still been one of the top teams maybe not the top but one of. How many games would NB win without carpenter on the floor MAYBE 10 and that might be a stretch.....carpenter meant everything to nb and ak was a part of grafton.
toughregion2

Postby NDSUrocks » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:58 pm

Ok this is about sportsmanship not a player getting an award. And i think wat those fans did durin the game wasnt that bad. The thing about the player spitting was a really dumb thing , but about all those other things the shwab was talking about isnt really that bad.I see things like that at every game its nothin unusual and really isnt that bad i mean people saying swear words at refs O MY GOSH big woop
NDSUrocks

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:02 pm

NDSUrocks wrote:Ok this is about sportsmanship not a player getting an award. And i think wat those fans did durin the game wasnt that bad. The thing about the player spitting was a really dumb thing , but about all those other things the shwab was talking about isnt really that bad.I see things like that at every game its nothin unusual and really isnt that bad i mean people saying swear words at refs O MY GOSH big woop

So your saying that swearing at ref's in front of children watching the game isn't bad? ok.....and your saying that downgrading the other teams coach isn't bad? ok......i guess your entitled to your opinions
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby banthedh » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:55 pm

I was at the region 2 game between the eagles and dakota prairie and actually sat behind some knight fan didn't see any spit or hear anything other than the fact that the refs were missing a good game (lopsided foul calls). I know thw chale kid pretty well and don't believe he would spit on anyone intentionally. He is just goofy and fun loving. Sounds to me like the poor sportsmanship started for the most part after the game. As for Ak being a good sport and deserving the senior player of the year I couldn't agree more. I was awfully impressed with his willingness to put off the celebration til after the handshake which looked to me like it never happened (not for the lack of trying). sometimes these post season awards get far to political. Tanner was a very good player and deserved consideration but the numbers AK put up were awesome 1500 points 1100 rebounds. If you don't think these things are political district 4 coach of the year was a tie between the best choice and the coach that turned the third best team in the state to the third best team in the district. Thank god coach Hartz didn't have to share his region award congrats
banthedh

Postby cavalier14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 pm

ok i no chale and carpenter might complain a little bit, but if they are getting discussed in this forum then AK and some other guys around the region should be talked about in this discussion. Its not like the players voted on who got region player of the year it was the coaches so they must have seen something they liked about him. no reason to dissappoint.......go mack and the boys...GO TORNADOES!!!!
Last edited by cavalier14 on Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cavalier14

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:22 pm

cavalier14 wrote:ok i no chale and carpenter might complain a little bit, but if they are getting discussed in this forum then AK and some other guys around the region should be talked about in this discussion. Its not like the players voted on who got region player of the year it was the coaches so they must have seen something they liked about him.

I'm disapointed with you cavalier14..... this is your only post so far that doesn't contain the phrase "mack and the boys" haha.....glad to see your expanding your vocabulary :)
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby champs0607 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:17 pm

banthedh wrote:I was at the region 2 game between the eagles and dakota prairie and actually sat behind some knight fan didn't see any spit or hear anything other than the fact that the refs were missing a good game (lopsided foul calls). I know thw chale kid pretty well and don't believe he would spit on anyone intentionally. He is just goofy and fun loving. Sounds to me like the poor sportsmanship started for the most part after the game. As for Ak being a good sport and deserving the senior player of the year I couldn't agree more. I was awfully impressed with his willingness to put off the celebration til after the handshake which looked to me like it never happened (not for the lack of trying). sometimes these post season awards get far to political. Tanner was a very good player and deserved consideration but the numbers AK put up were awesome 1500 points 1100 rebounds. If you don't think these things are political district 4 coach of the year was a tie between the best choice and the coach that turned the third best team in the state to the third best team in the district. Thank god coach Hartz didn't have to share his region award congrats

i couldn't agree with you more. coach hartz took a team that went 2-20 last year to a 13-11(i think) record. nb got worse this year, granted they lost a few players. cavalier had one full season starter that returned, garret brown (robbins started at the end of the year) and finished 2nd in the district. thats quite an improvement after not even bein close to making regionals last year.
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby toughregion2 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:27 pm

well i disagree

Cooter took a team that was picked 3rd in the district and finished the season 24-3 i would say thats deserving of coach of the year.......The coach can only do so much and i think he did his part.....
toughregion2

Postby champs0607 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:31 pm

did they make it to state tho? NO!
"Don't give up....don't ever give up." Jimmy Valvano
champs0607
NDPreps Starter

Postby automatic99 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:37 pm

toughregion2 wrote:well i disagree

Cooter took a team that was picked 3rd in the district and finished the season 24-3 i would say thats deserving of coach of the year.......The coach can only do so much and i think he did his part.....

I would say that either one of them would have been a good pick. I am a little surprised that Coach Hanson hasn't gotten a little more credit for the job he did this year in Grafton. He lost 2 all conference players from last years team.....starting point guard and a 6'7 forward....both very important players on last years team. Grafton lost 2 games all year this year. One to Watford City, who still hasn't lost yet. The other to a very good NB team. They didn't have a cupcake schedule either, played teams like EGF, Langdon, Leeds-Minn., and then NB, PR and Cavalier in their own conference. Just curious as to what everyone thinks. I'm not taking anything away from Cooter or Hartz....I thought they were both deserving of the awards they recieved......just think you could throw Hanson in there too.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby panther » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:50 pm

toughregion2 wrote:well i disagree

Um, excuse me, but Cooter took a team that was rated 5th in State, or so we heard, and they went
3rd in the District and 3rd in the Region.
panther

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:01 pm

They vote on district coach of the year before districts. So at the time, North Border was 18-1 . If you are going to talk about him losing players here you go. North Border lost 3 starters, and 2 players off the bench. I know he underachieved considering his size but Mathison was a force on both ends of the floor last year. His presence alone made it tough for the other teams to get their offense and defense set up. Paul Meyer was probably the most important player on the team last year. His post defense, rebounding, and passing ability was really under appreciated last year and it showed this year. Nick Chaput was another good guard that could put up 20 points on any night and always played solid on defense. Danny Gunderson brought great energy off the bench and really gave the team a spark when they needed one. So NB did have 3 all conference players but other then that they had nothing for varsity experience to fill out the roster. As far the district player of the year award goes, it's not a lifetime achievement award. So giving AK's career stats doesn't make much of a point. Had AK won it I wouldn't have had a problem with it but I don't have a problem with Tanner winning it either.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:13 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:They vote on district coach of the year before districts. So at the time, North Border was 18-1 . If you are going to talk about him losing players here you go. North Border lost 3 starters, and 2 players off the bench. I know he underachieved considering his size but Mathison was a force on both ends of the floor last year. His presence alone made it tough for the other teams to get their offense and defense set up. Paul Meyer was probably the most important player on the team last year. His post defense, rebounding, and passing ability was really under appreciated last year and it showed this year. Nick Chaput was another good guard that could put up 20 points on any night and always played solid on defense. Danny Gunderson brought great energy off the bench and really gave the team a spark when they needed one. So NB did have 3 all conference players but other then that they had nothing for varsity experience to fill out the roster. As far the district player of the year award goes, it's not a lifetime achievement award. So giving AK's career stats doesn't make much of a point. Had AK won it I wouldn't have had a problem with it but I don't have a problem with Tanner winning it either.

If you look closely, I said I have no problem with Cooter. I thought he did a great job this year. I just think Coach Hanson deserves a little more credit than he has gotten. He took his team through a heck of a schedule and there is only one team they haven't beaten this year. It would be fun to see Grafton and WC win their first round games this week so we could see a rematch of the game earlier this year. Again, I am not arguing with Cooter getting recognition.....I just think Hanson did a great job this year. As far as senior player of the year, I don't have a problem with Tanner either. It would have been nice to see Tanner and AK get co-player of the year, but it didn't happen. Both players have had great careers and are very important to their teams.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:46 pm

automatic99 wrote:
north_border_eagles2106 wrote:They vote on district coach of the year before districts. So at the time, North Border was 18-1 . If you are going to talk about him losing players here you go. North Border lost 3 starters, and 2 players off the bench. I know he underachieved considering his size but Mathison was a force on both ends of the floor last year. His presence alone made it tough for the other teams to get their offense and defense set up. Paul Meyer was probably the most important player on the team last year. His post defense, rebounding, and passing ability was really under appreciated last year and it showed this year. Nick Chaput was another good guard that could put up 20 points on any night and always played solid on defense. Danny Gunderson brought great energy off the bench and really gave the team a spark when they needed one. So NB did have 3 all conference players but other then that they had nothing for varsity experience to fill out the roster. As far the district player of the year award goes, it's not a lifetime achievement award. So giving AK's career stats doesn't make much of a point. Had AK won it I wouldn't have had a problem with it but I don't have a problem with Tanner winning it either.

If you look closely, I said I have no problem with Cooter. I thought he did a great job this year. I just think Coach Hanson deserves a little more credit than he has gotten. He took his team through a heck of a schedule and there is only one team they haven't beaten this year. It would be fun to see Grafton and WC win their first round games this week so we could see a rematch of the game earlier this year. Again, I am not arguing with Cooter getting recognition.....I just think Hanson did a great job this year. As far as senior player of the year, I don't have a problem with Tanner either. It would have been nice to see Tanner and AK get co-player of the year, but it didn't happen. Both players have had great careers and are very important to their teams.

And if you look closely, I wasn't responding to your post in particular.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby automatic99 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:48 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:
automatic99 wrote:

And if you look closely, I wasn't responding to your post in particular.

Gotcha.
automatic99
NDPreps Starter

Postby dablast » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:19 pm

The Schwab obv just has something against DP because this sounds like a fabricated story.
dablast

Postby The Schwab » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:35 pm

dablast wrote:The Schwab obv just has something against DP because this sounds like a fabricated story.

No i didn't make it up....word for word what was said.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:09 am

dablast wrote:The Schwab obv just has something against DP because this sounds like a fabricated story.

You're a fabricated story, yeah thats right, I went there.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby BballFan1307 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:27 am

schwab has nothing against dp, he speaks the truth, i heard it too.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ocho Siete » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:55 am

Oh no you di'nt!
Ocho Siete
NDPreps Starter

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:00 am

Ocho Siete wrote:

Oh no you di'nt!

Oh I most definitely did.
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

PreviousNext

Return to Boys