Mott-Regent doubling up on ships

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mott-Regent doubling up on ships

Postby old lineman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:55 am

Can M-R double up on State Championships. In visiting with a buddy the thought was if they have 2 kids break ther arms an one with 2 broken arms they are a shoe in. They have a tough match up out of the blocks. Your thoughts?
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Mott-Regent doubling up on ships

Postby fish » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Mott/Regent will have a tough first round at state, however their kids know it isn't gonna be easy. They will have to come out playing their best ball! I also have a feeling that they might have a slight advantagae, because they are probably being underestimated! These boys have the heart and dedication and i'm sure they really want to take the first place trophy home for State Class B Boys Basketball! Not that earlier games indicate anything, but MR defeated Williston Trinity Christian by 3 earlier in the season. This same Williston Trinity Christian team almost knocked Watford off in the regional semi-finals, however Watford won by 6 in OT! If those games mean anything, it should be an evenly matched and exciting game to watch! GO WILDFIRE!
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Postby silentbob » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:05 pm

Well, I think they are capable of it. I think that if they can get past Watford first round they have a good shot at bringing another one home. It's important for the Wildfire to get out to a good start, they will have alot of fans in Fargo so gaining that momentum would be big for them. If Schweitzer can hit some outside shots early and open up the down-low game for Laufer and Kirschmann, I think they could pull it off. It will be an interesting game though!
silentbob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby oldminerfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

I have no doubt that M/R has the ability to knock off Watford, many teams do. Watford is no dynamic team and really not even fun to watch. They have strong players inside that love to push and shove. They have the liberty of being able to do this because it's not a big deal if these kids foul out (Liebel & Flatland). Shipman is given superstar status and is allowed to do his pivot and two steps to the bucket and really doesn't matter who he runs over in the process. In the DC game he should have been fouled out in the third quarter instead he was shooting free throws. Sanford is dangerous if not covered but none are terrific ball handlers as seen when the pressure came in the end of the TC game. M/R has tough kids who know how to handle pressure.They won a football championship with a few of their best sidelined. I would guess they would have as good of chance as any. Good luck to all.
oldminerfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WPower » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:33 pm

One question. What the heck does a football championship have to do with basketball? Also if we're going by that route almost all the watford kids played on a AA football championship last school year, so I don't see how a football championship would give Mott an advantage.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tellmeaboutit » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:48 pm

WPower wrote:One question. What the heck does a football championship have to do with basketball? Also if we're going by that route almost all the watford kids played on a AA football championship last school year, so I don't see how a football championship would give Mott an advantage.

The only advantage a football championship gives them is that they know how to handle the pressure + they know how to finish. Of course with M/R and WC this is nullified, because obviously they've both won their respective classes.

This should be a fun game to watch. Lots of great athletes on the floor at one time. I'm still picking WC to win this one.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:27 pm

IT seems as though all season long Watford just finds away to win, regardless of the circumstances or if if they are playing bad or good... A few of the boys on the Watford Team played in the State football Championship last year In Grand Forks so no real advantage for Mott Regent.. Ill take Watford 56-47
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ice man » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:37 pm

oldminerfan wrote:I have no doubt that M/R has the ability to knock off Watford, many teams do. Watford is no dynamic team and really not even fun to watch. They have strong players inside that love to push and shove. They have the liberty of being able to do this because it's not a big deal if these kids foul out (Liebel & Flatland). Shipman is given superstar status and is allowed to do his pivot and two steps to the bucket and really doesn't matter who he runs over in the process. In the DC game he should have been fouled out in the third quarter instead he was shooting free throws. Sanford is dangerous if not covered but none are terrific ball handlers as seen when the pressure came in the end of the TC game. M/R has tough kids who know how to handle pressure.They won a football championship with a few of their best sidelined. I would guess they would have as good of chance as any. Good luck to all.

You have obviously not watched watford play this year because they are super fun to watch. In fact i am kind of wondering if you have ever watched any basketball game before because thats what posts do, they push and shove. Shipman doesn't travel or else it would get called, and i'm not really sure what you are talking about at the end of the Williston Trinity game,Watford won that game by 6 if you forgot.
ice man
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:19 pm

oldminerfan wrote:I have no doubt that M/R has the ability to knock off Watford, many teams do. Watford is no dynamic team and really not even fun to watch. They have strong players inside that love to push and shove. They have the liberty of being able to do this because it's not a big deal if these kids foul out (Liebel & Flatland). Shipman is given superstar status and is allowed to do his pivot and two steps to the bucket and really doesn't matter who he runs over in the process. In the DC game he should have been fouled out in the third quarter instead he was shooting free throws. Sanford is dangerous if not covered but none are terrific ball handlers as seen when the pressure came in the end of the TC game. M/R has tough kids who know how to handle pressure.They won a football championship with a few of their best sidelined. I would guess they would have as good of chance as any. Good luck to all.

If you have seen MR this year, you know they are willing to step up and take a charge. I think Laufer took 3-4 on championship night alone. That could be a very interesting storyline in this game
hp fan

Postby westpower » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Have u seen WC play??? They are awesome... I have driven miles to watch them they are fun and very good. About the strong players that just foul... well that mularky because its the wayy posts work and if the fouls and traveling was so illegal THE REFF WOULD CALL IT WC (24-0) is tuff to beat but it should be a fun weekend wc by 5 67 62
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby score1234 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:34 pm

westpower wrote:

Have u seen WC play??? They are awesome... I have driven miles to watch them they are fun and very good. About the strong players that just foul... well that mularky because its the wayy posts work and if the fouls and traveling was so illegal THE REFF WOULD CALL IT WC (24-0) is tuff to beat but it should be a fun weekend wc by 5 67 62

I have seen WC play, and you no what they arent that awesome. ya their undefeated, but their so sloppy and dont take care of the ball great. WC cant afford to make these mistakes in the tournament if they stand a chance to win. They are playing against the top 8 elite teams in the state. If M/R wins, I wouldnt consider it an upset. 1. they are more experienced. 2. great coach (probably the best in the state). ya they may have some athletes. but athletes dont win games. teams do. and mott/regent is when heck of a team. M/R 65-WC-55.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:26 pm

score1234 wrote:
westpower wrote:

I have seen WC play, and you no what they arent that awesome. ya their undefeated, but their so sloppy and dont take care of the ball great. WC cant afford to make these mistakes in the tournament if they stand a chance to win. They are playing against the top 8 elite teams in the state. If M/R wins, I wouldnt consider it an upset. 1. they are more experienced. 2. great coach (probably the best in the state). ya they may have some athletes. but athletes dont win games. teams do. and mott/regent is when heck of a team. M/R 65-WC-55.

Explain to me or give an example why they are not great. Alos how are they more experienced/
Kevin sanford- Qb of a AA state f ball champ team
kenny Liebel- starting center and d end
Justin Flatland- starting tight end and d end
Aaron Weber- wing back
shipman and bruins- WRs
Tyler Fixen- starting D back

Undefeated season so far...... close games also big games!!! Please explain the inexperince. Many 2 year starters and players with substantil time on the floor. Downright great athletes and team togetherness!!!! TOUGH!!! Randy Cranston 2 time district and regin coach of the year in 5 years of coaching.... thats pretty darn good!! GO WOLVES!!!! WC by 5
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby score1234 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:56 pm

westpower wrote:
score1234 wrote:
westpower wrote:

Explain to me or give an example why they are not great. Alos how are they more experienced/
Aaron Weber- wing back
shipman and bruins- WRs

Undefeated season so far...... close games also big games!!! Please explain the inexperince. Many 2 year starters and players with substantil time on the floor. Downright great athletes and team togetherness!!!! TOUGH!!! Randy Cranston 2 time district and regin coach of the year in 5 years of coaching.... thats pretty darn good!! GO WOLVES!!!! WC by 5

THEY ARE SLOPPY. Against good teams that cant take care of the ball.
like i said m/r is more experienced. schweitzer has been starten for 4 years. and the other 4 have been started for 3. so i say that's alot of experience. so your telling me that WC has only got 6 guys with experience, that aint to good man. m/r from what i've heard has got like 4 or 5 guys that can come off the bench and play in any situation. thats 11 guys to watford's 6. i'd m/r is more of a veteran group than wc.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:12 pm

score1234 wrote:
westpower wrote:
score1234 wrote:
westpower wrote:

Aaron Weber- wing back
shipman and bruins- WRs

THEY ARE SLOPPY. Against good teams that cant take care of the ball.
like i said m/r is more experienced. schweitzer has been starten for 4 years. and the other 4 have been started for 3. so i say that's alot of experience. so your telling me that WC has only got 6 guys with experience, that aint to good man. m/r from what i've heard has got like 4 or 5 guys that can come off the bench and play in any situation. thats 11 guys to watford's 6. i'd m/r is more of a veteran group than wc.

Ya I totally agree with you score1234 WC must be a totally "sloppy" team, 24-0 record is a pretty sluggish at best record??? WOW! So you are telling me that M-R plays 11 guys, I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!! I am a huge WC fan and have tried not to be biased, but you have got to be the biggest homer on this site and show no respect for Watford City and it is sickening!! You don't go through the whole season undefeated unless you have great team chemistry, great athletes, and great coaching which WC has all of. Im not saying to stop writing about your team because I believe that is what this site if for, but do it within reason and with some respect please!! Trust me, I can assure you that your team HAS NO EDGE WHEN IT COMES TO EXPERIENCE, QUALITY OF ATHLETES, OR COACHING and by the way please stop bringing up football on this board because you can't even begin to compare football programs with Watford City.

P.S. Watford City is probaly one of the deepest teams in terms of depth in the state, so for you to say that they only play 6 guys means you have never watched them play and are just talking to be heard. WC won in the regional semi's with their best player and 2 other players fouling out before overtime!
Last edited by AAfootballfan on Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:14 pm

Shipman startin 4 years
brunis and liebel 3 years
others all getting time for 2 years!!1

WC plays 10 guys regularily!! They are 24-0 they know how to get it done!!! They have experience dont you worry YOu will see at 630 on thursday!! Wolves win again 25-0 on the way to 27 -0

How do think MR will do it?
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby rep » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:16 pm

i think this could probably end now. first and last warning.
rep

Postby score1234 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:35 pm

M/R does go 11 deep, i've seen them do it on a couple separate occastions in close games. WC is a great team hands down, I no your coach from experience from having played against him, and he is hands down the best coach in your area. Westpower wanted me to explain the experience and so I did. And from what I can see M/R has that edge. Its gonna be a great game.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hp fan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

I am a region 7 fan and would have to say that Watford City should be the favorite to win this game. I think MR has great athletes, senior leadership, etc. WE have heard it all on here. I also think that is is going to be a great game. I think it will be close and come down to the wire.

From my understanding WC won all thier region games by less than 5 pts (or OT). SOme would day this shows they are vulnerable. I guess I feel if you are 24-0, and getting everyones best shot each night, that pulling off close victories is going to build some character and soem very valuable experience. I think it is goin gto be a great game.

I know its a horrible cliche but, whomever shows up and knocks down shots is going to win. I think that in a matchup like this all the intangibles are pretty even. May come down to foul trouble, and just flat out execution!!!

WC by 3 in OT
hp fan

Postby WPower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:18 pm

WC by five, they'll escalate it by free throws at the end. Should be a very good game.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby westpower » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:59 pm

hp fan wrote:From my understanding WC won all thier region games by less than 5 pts (or OT). SOme would day this shows they are vulnerable. I guess I feel if you are 24-0, and getting everyones best shot each night, that pulling off close victories is going to build some character and soem very valuable experience. I think it is goin gto be a great game.

THANK YOU!!!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbbbfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:59 pm

westpower wrote:
hp fan wrote:From my understanding WC won all thier region games by less than 5 pts (or OT). SOme would day this shows they are vulnerable. I guess I feel if you are 24-0, and getting everyones best shot each night, that pulling off close victories is going to build some character and soem very valuable experience. I think it is goin gto be a great game.

THANK YOU!!!!!

You are correct on everything you said except Watford won the first round of regions by around 40
ndbbbfan

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:01 pm

I personally am very curious to see the M-R vs WC matchup, I think it will be very interesting.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Boys