Home court advantage(why has it been eliminated?)

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Home court advantage(why has it been eliminated?)

Postby defensewins » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:53 am

I remember playing the New Salem Holsteins once and our crowd dressed in butcher aprons and splattered the front with red paint as if we were slaughtering the Holsteins. Newspapers were great, turning your back to the floor when the opposing team was announced, "elevator, elevator, we got the shaft," "Zebra, zebra short and stout, find your head and pull it out." Im guessing these days kids would probably get kicked out of school for such UNRULY behavior...
defensewins
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:43 pm

forgot about the elevator cheer....it's fun going back in time. Reading all this stuff to me, puts a smile on my face. It was fun back then, now everybody is so wound up so tight you couldn't do that anymore. Keep em coming, I want to make a list of the best fan chants/tactics from the day...here's what I've got so far..maybe others can rank them differently.

1. "Start the bus Raiders, start the bus!"(Rivalry town, so I'm biased towards this one)
2. Nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye
3. Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts we got screwed.
4. Don't feel grey, don't feel blue we beat your team in football too!(rivalry town, but was a great chant)
5. Newspaper during starting lineups.
6. Letters on t-shirt(eyechart test for refs)
7. heartbeat noise during free throws(subtle but very annoying)
8. AAAIIRRBALLLLL(don't hardly hear that anymore either)
9. BOOORRRRINNNNGG(during teams that take their time on offense..don't hear that one anymore either.)
bigpoppakdog

Postby 9manfootballmom » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:47 pm

I believe old lineman quoted the song between Mayville Portland and Hillsboro in the late 70s
I'm a raindrop...I'm a rain drop...I'm a raindrop in the sky
But I'd rather be a raindrop than a Drip from Hillsboro high
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby tellmeaboutit » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:12 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:forgot about the elevator cheer....it's fun going back in time. Reading all this stuff to me, puts a smile on my face. It was fun back then, now everybody is so wound up so tight you couldn't do that anymore. Keep em coming, I want to make a list of the best fan chants/tactics from the day...here's what I've got so far..maybe others can rank them differently.

1. "Start the bus Raiders, start the bus!"(Rivalry town, so I'm biased towards this one)
2. Nah nah nah nah hey hey hey goodbye
3. Nuts and bolts, nuts and bolts we got screwed.
4. Don't feel grey, don't feel blue we beat your team in football too!(rivalry town, but was a great chant)
5. Newspaper during starting lineups.
6. Letters on t-shirt(eyechart test for refs)
7. heartbeat noise during free throws(subtle but very annoying)
8. AAAIIRRBALLLLL(don't hardly hear that anymore either)
9. BOOORRRRINNNNGG(during teams that take their time on offense..don't hear that one anymore either.)

Basket, basket, ref in a casket
Die, Ref, Die!

That one got us in quite a bit of trouble. I wouldn't try it now a days!
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby vizio » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:41 pm

I am a freshman in college and my senior year for boys basketball we would yell whos ur daddy when there was a block and then when we went to state we couldnt say it anymore because it was bad sportsmanship...I think it is just stupid how us fans cant cheer what we want...
vizio

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:52 pm

out at a UMARY game this season when the band was playing the students got told to stop bounding there feet on the bleachers because it sounded like the band banging on the drums.....isnt that what college sports is??
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby rep » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:57 pm

baseball wrote:out at a UMARY game this season when the band was playing the students got told to stop bounding there feet on the bleachers because it sounded like the band banging on the drums.....isnt that what college sports is??

wow
rep

Postby project-pat » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 pm

vizio wrote:I am a freshman in college and my senior year for boys basketball we would yell whos ur daddy when there was a block and then when we went to state we couldnt say it anymore because it was bad sportsmanship...I think it is just stupid how us fans cant cheer what we want...

anybody watching at home hear the bowman county fans at the girls state tournament chant "YOU CAN'T DO THAT" when an opposing player travelled or double dribbled? If not, that was a waste of time! haha
project-pat

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:31 pm

rep wrote:
baseball wrote:out at a UMARY game this season when the band was playing the students got told to stop bounding there feet on the bleachers because it sounded like the band banging on the drums.....isnt that what college sports is??

wow

yea it was pretty pathetic. Senior night and a rival in town and the refs basically took the crowd out of the game with that...
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:14 pm

My favorite crowd chant from this season...

When the opposing team throws up a half-court or longer shot at the end of a quarter to beat the buzzer. After coming nowhere near the basket or at least missing the rim and/or backboard the crowd chants "Airball Airball Airball"

I love it! Hilarious playing up the obvious!
ndsportsfan00

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 pm

Another good one when someone on the opposing team makes a dumb mistake or gets a technical, the crowd chants "Your team hates you"
ndsportsfan00

Previous

Return to Boys