TLM vs. Ryan

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

TLM vs. Ryan

Postby mags » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 pm

since there is a week before these teams play, good idea to have all four games as a topic with this being the last topic of the four games, whats everyonethink of this one?
mags
NDPreps Starter

Re: TLM vs. Ryan

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Ryan by 4...as much as I would like to see Malzer and Co. prevail, I don't see it happening...
project-pat

Postby twinsfan34 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 pm

I think TLM wins in OT by 2 or 3. Malzer will be the difference.
twinsfan34

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:12 pm

Congrats to the both teams on making it to the show and excellent seasons. This to me could easily be the state title game if bracketed differently. TLM who will be down in this game for the first time by double digits will win by double digits in the end 14ish. Once TLM gets hot they become a machine. To quick even for Ryan.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:52 pm

agreed... if set up differently this would make an excellent championship game... even though watford is undefeated these two teams both seem more dominant... but i give ryan the win in this game all because vetter is playing at his best right now... after i saw he signed with ndsu for football i thought he would kind of stop showing dedication for the game of basketball but you can see he hasn't.. he looks better every game and i think he'll lead the lions to the title
kobe4mvp

Postby bluedevils_4 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:35 pm

vetter might be playin at his best, but what malzre is doin right now is untouchable. it will be a fun game but it will come down which teams support players come up bigger.
bluedevils_4
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Mar 09, 2008 2:59 pm

Even though I am not a big Ryan fan I have to give them credit with how they are playing. I dont see Vetter getting denied a shot at a state title. He is playing with dominance right now and there is no way TL can slow him down. People are saying Ryan isnt quick enough which is probably true, but I think they are just quick enough to get through. I dont think this is quite a title game matchup but is still should be a good game. It will be interesting with the style TL plays vs BRs great D, and the Fargo Dome is tough to shoot in. I think it will be a Watford-BR title game
Bill Cartwright

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:Even though I am not a big Ryan fan I have to give them credit with how they are playing. I dont see Vetter getting denied a shot at a state title. He is playing with dominance right now and there is no way TL can slow him down. People are saying Ryan isnt quick enough which is probably true, but I think they are just quick enough to get through. I dont think this is quite a title game matchup but is still should be a good game. It will be interesting with the style TL plays vs BRs great D, and the Fargo Dome is tough to shoot in. I think it will be a Watford-BR title game

BINGO!! You hit the nail on top of the head.. I dont think I have seen a team shoot the ball well in the first round of the state tournament in the past 10 years at the Fargodome asside from Chad Glasser, but in order for TLM to win they will need a monster game from the Super Soph Mr.Singer from offensively and defensively because guarding Vetter is no easy task
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 2EASY » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:38 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:
Bill Cartwright wrote:Even though I am not a big Ryan fan I have to give them credit with how they are playing. I dont see Vetter getting denied a shot at a state title. He is playing with dominance right now and there is no way TL can slow him down. People are saying Ryan isnt quick enough which is probably true, but I think they are just quick enough to get through. I dont think this is quite a title game matchup but is still should be a good game. It will be interesting with the style TL plays vs BRs great D, and the Fargo Dome is tough to shoot in. I think it will be a Watford-BR title game

BINGO!! You hit the nail on top of the head.. I dont think I have seen a team shoot the ball well in the first round of the state tournament in the past 10 years at the Fargodome asside from Chad Glasser, but in order for TLM to win they will need a monster game from the Super Soph Mr.Singer from offensively and defensively because guarding Vetter is no easy task

I am interested to see this great D that you talk about because I really don't see ryan stopping most of TLs players and if they do i know they can't stop one of them. I think your underestimating singer, he will never stop husteling and crashing the boards despite how he is playing.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:29 pm

Im NOT underestimating Singer I know hes is an unbelievable basketball player and plays about 5 inches taller than he is, Im just saying that he needs to have a good game for Turtle Lake Mercer to win because he will be guarding Vetter I assume
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old lineman » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:22 pm

Young Mr. Singer will need to play a great game. I hope that it is one of those we talk about 4 years, both Vetter and Singer are good kids. Shooting in Fargo i have been told takes some time get used too. Backes has the ability to shut down on of TLM's guards do they have another stopper on D to slow down the other3 TLM guards? Let's go though the senerio Vetter adn Singer cancel each other out, same with backes and malzer. Then it is the depth of either TLM or Ryan who wins the game.
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:08 pm

Singer Vetter matchup goes to Vetter but Singer will get not even close to dominated. Vetter will be sick of Singer by the end of the game. As for Backes and Malzer they will cancel each other out to the tune of Malzer 25 and Backes 14 so if that canceling each other out. Then its canceled.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:11 pm

Ryan has both Bartsch and Krueger that come off the bench and light a fire in their team. Bartsch came off the bench against Berthold in the Regional tournament and was Ryan's leading scorer. Krueger absolutely destroyed Bloms that night too, he held Bloms to 3 points when he was on him. Does TLM have anybody like them coming off their bench?
ndsportsfan00

Postby steel33 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:46 pm

I like TLM in this one..Too much quickness for Ryan. TLM runs from the opening tip until the final whistle. The best conditioned teams I have ever seen in High School BB.

Vetter is tough, but ryan will not have an answer for Malzer. He is in my opinion the best Basketball player in the state right now. He can score in a variety of ways.

For Ryan to have a chance they have to score 65-70 pts..Just don't see that happening.

Should be a good game but TLM will pull away and win by 12-15pts..
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SuperBad » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:18 pm

I really dont get where everyone is getting that TLM is too quick for Ryan. I know that Ryan is very well conditioned and coached hard. They dont let teams run on them. And for the Backes, Malzer matchup- i wouldnt be surprised to see Krueger get the start and D him up. And with the Vetter, Singer matchup. Without a dout Vetter is playing the best basketball of his life right now. Singer might play bigger than he is, but so does Vetter. He jump very well, and i would look for Ryan to get him as many touches as posible. Im going to go with Ryan on this one tho. i think the experiance will be too much.
SuperBad

Postby seven » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:30 pm

I agree with steel on this one. Too much Malzer and dont forget the kid who hit 9 threes in a game this year. If Nelson is on from outside, TLM wins by 15. Singer will have his hands full with Vetter, but TLM's backcourt has the upperhand here.
seven

Postby central_play-maker » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:27 pm

TLM has 2 great gaurds that can go off at any time and have a good forward who strongly supports them, but ryan has good gaurd and post as well. ryan shut down Allery and DeCoteau, and ryan has more depth, should be a GREAT game. won't want to miss this one
central_play-maker

Postby Bill Cartwright » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:33 am

I agree, these two teams will match up well, but I still give the upper edge to BR not only because of there experience, but they will also so the ball down and run their offense until they get a great look. Two very contrasting styles, but I think Ryan has the athletes to keep up. That Krueger kid is probably one of the best defenders Ive seen, he takes alot of pride in shutting down his opponent. I think the deciding factor to this one is going to be in the post, Malzer will do what he does, backes will do his thing, which the edge goes to Malzer but Vetter will need to be slowed down if TL has a chance. This game will not be a blow out either way, because Ryan plays a style of ball where they wont. I am sick of hearing about the stupid scrimmage in the summer. Theres alot of difference between a scrimmage and the state tourney.
Bill Cartwright

Postby future star » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:46 am

Ryan by 10+. Too much Vetter. :mrgreen:
future star
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby #1forever » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 pm

ryan will probably be on top for the first quarter but TL-M will stick in the game. Singer will do his job, he has been all year, and malzer is droppin atleast 20. TL by 15
#1forever

Return to Boys