Mott-Regent vs Watford City

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Mott-Regent vs Watford City

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:44 pm

What are some thoughts on the game, then your predictions?
Iron Scope

Re: Mott-Regent vs Watford City

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:01 pm

watford by 20+
letsgosox

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:02 pm

letsgosox wrote:watford by 20+

Why?
Iron Scope

Postby wildguy131 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:03 pm

i think MR might be able to pull this one off but i think either way itll be a good game. im takin MR by 2.
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:05 pm

Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

because mott/regent is a product of an extremely weak region 7. watford is battle tested against tough opponents. mott/regent was 4 points away from missing regionals
letsgosox

Postby wildguy131 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 pm

letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

because mott/regent is a product of an extremely weak region 7. watford is battle tested against tough opponents. mott/regent was 4 points away from missing regionals

but if you were at the regional games you would know that MR has improved 100%.
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:10 pm

What kind of player is Justin Shipman? And who are the players that haven't been talked about as much because they are getting overshadowed by him?
Iron Scope

Postby score1234 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:12 pm

This game and the Ryan-TLM should be the 2 most exciting games in the first round of the tournament tournament. I'm giving Mott/Regent the edge in this one, because they got the "big game" experience. Watford may be undefeated but they havent played in an atmosphere like this yet. If they can shut down shipman, and they can because they had to do it against a very similar player in default. I got mott/regent by 5. as for letsgosox, a weak region huh. i believe region 7 is the most evenly matched region from top to bottom. mott/regent beat trinity christian by 15+ in the regular season. and watford just barely got by them. watfords nerves are gonna beat them, along with m/r's experience.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildguy131 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:13 pm

score1234 wrote:This game and the Ryan-TLM should be the 2 most exciting games in the first round of the tournament tournament. I'm giving Mott/Regent the edge in this one, because they got the "big game" experience. Watford may be undefeated but they havent played in an atmosphere like this yet. If they can shut down shipman, and they can because they had to do it against a very similar player in default. I got mott/regent by 5. as for letsgosox, a weak region huh. i believe region 7 is the most evenly matched region from top to bottom. mott/regent beat trinity christian by 15+ in the regular season. and watford just barely got by them. watfords nerves are gonna beat them, along with m/r's experience.

agreed 100%
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby letsgosox » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 pm

wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

i WAS at the regional games. they beat 3 weak teams. you cant argue that
letsgosox

Postby ndbballcheerleader » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:15 pm

letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

Region 7 is not really weak. Inconsistent, but not weak. There have been some VERY well played basketball games in region 7 this year.
ndbballcheerleader

Postby wildguy131 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:19 pm

letsgosox wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

actually i can argue that cuz killdeer and hazen were very big thought of team especially having the next mr basketball and hazen always has talent. RT was rated so that means they were pretty good. i just think region 7 was very inconsistant this year. and i think the best team did come out
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:20 pm

score1234 wrote:This game and the Ryan-TLM should be the 2 most exciting games in the first round of the tournament tournament. I'm giving Mott/Regent the edge in this one, because they got the "big game" experience. Watford may be undefeated but they havent played in an atmosphere like this yet. If they can shut down shipman, and they can because they had to do it against a very similar player in default. I got mott/regent by 5. as for letsgosox, a weak region huh. i believe region 7 is the most evenly matched region from top to bottom. mott/regent beat trinity christian by 15+ in the regular season. and watford just barely got by them. watfords nerves are gonna beat them, along with m/r's experience.

I am going to say the opposite of you say LaMoure vs. Four Winds will be the best game of the first round and Lisbon vs. Grafton has to be up there with Mott-Regent vs. Watford City and I believe one way or another TLM vs. Ryan will be a 10+ win. This imo is the most balanced tournament in a very long time.
Iron Scope

Postby score1234 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:26 pm

wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

actually i can argue that cuz killdeer and hazen were very big thought of team especially having the next mr basketball and hazen always has talent. RT was rated so that means they were pretty good. i just think region 7 was very inconsistant this year. and i think the best team did come out

the 2 region 7 teams watford has played, they've beat them by a combined 7 points. trinity-5 and hazen by 2. so dont tell me region 7 is weak.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wildguy131 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:28 pm

thank you
wildguy131
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndbfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:39 pm

wildguy131 wrote:

agreed 100%

'Big Game' experience?? Watford played a tough schedule this year, and played and beat seven Region 7 teams, including wins against Beulah by 55 and Killdeer by 39. - Plus WC beat Grafton by 19 in the Hoopster Shoot Out. So, I would agree that Region 7 teams are pretty evenly matched, but I wouldn't agree that M/R has more big game experience than Watford City. So what big games are you talking about?
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:42 pm

score1234 wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

the 2 region 7 teams watford has played, they've beat them by a combined 7 points. trinity-5 and hazen by 2. so dont tell me region 7 is weak.

pretty sure Watford played more than 2 region 7 teams...
project-pat

Postby score1234 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 pm

ndbfan wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:

agreed 100%

'Big Game' experience?? Watford played a tough schedule this year, and played and beat seven Region 7 teams, including wins against Beulah by 55 and Killdeer by 39. - Plus WC beat Grafton by 19 in the Hoopster Shoot Out. So, I would agree that Region 7 teams are pretty evenly matched, but I wouldn't agree that M/R has more big game experience than Watford City. So what big games are you talking about?

state game experience. m/r has played in an atmosphere like this already in football. they were the underdogs and proved everybody wrong and won. watford, they have not, nerves are gonna be a factor and the fact their undefeated might also get in their heads too.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby score1234 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:44 pm

project-pat wrote:
score1234 wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:
letsgosox wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:

Why?

pretty sure Watford played more than 2 region 7 teams...

sorry pat, forgot about bowman. i was at that game. tied until the 4th quarter and then bowman just went cold. bowman shoulda won that one. this game will come down who executes the best.
score1234
NDPreps Reserve

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:46 pm

Watford City- 69....Beach-45
Watford City-84.....Killdeer-45
Watford City-68.....Bowman County-50
Watford City-83.....Heart River-55
Watford City-62.....Hazen-60
Watford City-56.....Trinity- 49

Those are Watford's Games against Region 7 teams this season...and I think the big game experience being talked about is the 9-man football championship, WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BASKETBALL
project-pat

Postby project-pat » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:48 pm

Are we going to give Mott/Regent the state Track title too since they did win the 9-man football championship? Basketball and Football are 2 different sports and it makes no difference whether mott won the title or got dead last in 9-man...Watford will prevail by 8.
project-pat

Postby ice man » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

score1234 wrote:
ndbfan wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:

agreed 100%

state game experience. m/r has played in an atmosphere like this already in football. they were the underdogs and proved everybody wrong and won. watford, they have not, nerves are gonna be a factor and the fact their undefeated might also get in their heads too.

all right then bring the pads and then we will see who comes out on top
ice man
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:52 pm

score1234 wrote:
ndbfan wrote:
wildguy131 wrote:

agreed 100%

First of all I can't believe we are bringing up football in this conversation. Just to let you know if you want to say that WC has "NO BIG GAME EXPERIENCE" you couldn't be more wrong. Almost all of these players played significant roles on the AA Football championship team from the fall of 06, heck Sanford was the QB!! And then last year losing to the eventual state champ parshal in the regional title game. I can't think of a team that is better battle tested than this group.
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:55 pm

I would like Project-Pat to reply since I know he watches alot of region 7 ball and tell me what to expect from Mott-Regent and why you think WC will come out on top, im just curious since I don't know alot about the Wildfire...
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby AAfootballfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:57 pm

As much as I would like for that to be the result being a WC fan i see the wolves winning by around 8-10 points! LETS GO WOLVES!!
AAfootballfan
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys