Lisbon vs Grafton

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Lisbon vs Grafton

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:43 pm

What are some thoughts on the game? Then your predictions.
Iron Scope

Re: Lisbon vs Grafton

Postby region 2 opinion » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:11 pm

In my opinion Grafton is very tournament tested and has played in as good a district and region in the state and they will win their first round game vs. Lisbon. Let's go with 58-49.
region 2 opinion
NDPreps Starter

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:16 pm

Who is going to win the Carlblom-Kliniske matchup?
Iron Scope

Postby rep » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:35 pm

they'll cancel each other out...it'll come down to the 2 and 3 scoring options for both teams.
rep

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:43 pm

Who are the 2nd and 3rd options for Grafton and what do they do? I know Lee and Dykema are them for Lisbon. Dykema is very athletic and Lee is a very good shooter.
Iron Scope

Postby gfan3 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:13 pm

For Grafton the 2nd and 3rd options would be prolly Andrew Wysocki good shooter really stepped up his game this year and Paul Holand strong kid athletic and can really get to the basket
gfan3

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Conrats to both teams for making the show and excellent seasons. Grafton continues their winning ways and gets Lisbon in a very physical slugfest.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby web17 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:21 pm

after watching grafton multiple time this year, im positive they are ready to be competitive in state...i know nothing about lisbon or who is their studs, but i know that it starts with AK, then andrew wysoski is very good shooter....and those two they are pretty balanced, with collete, holland, and bartunek. so based on what i know about grafton, im gonna take grafton in a 10 point game.
web17
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbball_10 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:32 am

i think grafton will take this game...AK from grafton had a 40 point game in the region tournament and i think he could do the same at state...and wysoscki can really shoot from the 3 point line
ndbball_10

Postby BballFan1307 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:53 am

i'm goin with Lisbon here, i think they'll take it in a 5 point physical matchup. i think that Carlblom is a complete different type of player than Kliniske is used to and Lisbon will get the best of them.
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:21 am

Lisbon plays tenacious defense. They had a tough region to get out of so I would say there tournament tested. I would say they win 50-38
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:14 am

I've seen both Carlbloom and Klinske play. Klinske is big and intimidating in the paint. Carlbloom can match his height and has good foot work. I think Carlbloom can take him. Part of it depends on how the refs call the game. If they let Klinske use his braun to create space, Carlbloom is in trouble. But I am certain Carlbloom will get good position on him. If they call Klinske on a couple offensive fouls when he bulls his way in, then he will be in trouble.

Rep says they cancel each other out. Maybe. But if that happens, Dykema will be the deciding factor because he has improved so much during the year. You can't contain both of them.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:18 am

Only seen Grafton once, Lisbon a couple times. Nice matchup.
Kliniske is a dude, Carblom is also. Kiliniske maybe and inch or 2 taller? Both strong. I know Carblom moves well. AK didn't move as well the one game I saw, but must be better than when i saw him. Lisbon has good depth. Dykema, junior 6'5" post has improved defensively.
How deep is Grafton?
Good game. Lisbon by 6-8.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby InTheKnow » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:36 am

bballuvr wrote:Only seen Grafton once, Lisbon a couple times. Nice matchup.
Kliniske is a dude, Carblom is also. Kiliniske maybe and inch or 2 taller? Both strong. I know Carblom moves well. AK didn't move as well the one game I saw, but must be better than when i saw him. Lisbon has good depth. Dykema, junior 6'5" post has improved defensively.
How deep is Grafton?

AK is EXTREMELY athletic for a guy his size. Dont see many 6'6 kids play short stop, but he has regularily on teams that have made it to state since he was a freshman. All state tight end in football. Will be all state in basketball and has signed to pitch DI baseball. I would say that is pretty athletic.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby Claz B Fan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:21 pm

I think it comes down to the guard play between the two teams if Lisbons can hit come shots outside(hard to do in the FargoDome) and open it up inside for the 3 big men then ill take Lisbon but if Holand and Collete bring some pressure and cause turnovers look out it could be a blow out
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Claz B Fan wrote:I think it comes down to the guard play between the two teams if Lisbons can hit come shots outside(hard to do in the FargoDome) and open it up inside for the 3 big men then ill take Lisbon but if Holand and Collete bring some pressure and cause turnovers look out it could be a blow out

A blowout? Unlikely, part of Lisbon's success is the way they control the tempo of the game. I think it will be the other way around, with lisbon creating turnovers. And InTheKnow Lisbons team is about as athletic as you can get for Class B. Every sport they play in they have success and its with a lot of these same kids.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

InTheKnow wrote:
bballuvr wrote:Only seen Grafton once, Lisbon a couple times. Nice matchup.
How deep is Grafton?

AK is EXTREMELY athletic for a guy his size. Dont see many 6'6 kids play short stop, but he has regularily on teams that have made it to state since he was a freshman. All state tight end in football. Will be all state in basketball and has signed to pitch DI baseball. I would say that is pretty athletic.

In no way did I mean to imply that AK is not athletic. I'm fuly aware of his baseball and football ability. I simply commented on the one game I saw. I'm also aware he put up 40 in a regional game. He is a dude. I will interject that Mr. Carlblom is rather athletic himself. Not as big as AK, and that could be the difference. Will be fun to watch.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby booyah » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:40 pm

i dont know much about grafton, but lisbon is an extremely good team. their guards are very good shooters and they can drive and kick. dykema has pretty much mastered the 15 foot jump shot and he gets a lot of put backs because of his height and jumping ability. carlblom can do pretty much anything he wants to. he's that good. and there other post is very strong and push around a lot of people and get some boards. they all play very good defense also.
booyah
NDPreps Starter

Postby InTheKnow » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:41 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
Claz B Fan wrote:I think it comes down to the guard play between the two teams if Lisbons can hit come shots outside(hard to do in the FargoDome) and open it up inside for the 3 big men then ill take Lisbon but if Holand and Collete bring some pressure and cause turnovers look out it could be a blow out

A blowout? Unlikely, part of Lisbon's success is the way they control the tempo of the game. I think it will be the other way around, with lisbon creating turnovers. And InTheKnow Lisbons team is about as athletic as you can get for Class B. Every sport they play in they have success and its with a lot of these same kids.

I know Lisbon is very athletic. They made a comment that AK looked slow, which he is not. Was not trying to make a comparison to Lisbons players at all. I have this game as a toss up.
InTheKnow
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 am

Grafton plays tough d they win by 10+!
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby adriana » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:04 pm

I'm gonna pick Lisbon in a close one. I'd say the teams are pretty evenly matched but Grafton might have a little bit of a complex with the fact that...they're not playing in Grafton.
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Postby Unity77 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:02 pm

^ You're obviously the one with an issue. Keep crying us a river adriana.
Unity77
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:06 pm

i'm not going to say it was the main reason that grafton won the regional...they have a VERY GOOD TEAM....but getting to play regionals in your own gym is a huge advantage....
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby pilot89 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:11 pm

bisonslayer wrote:Lisbon plays tenacious defense. They had a tough region to get out of so I would say there tournament tested. I would say they win 50-38

When Grafton played Park River in the region chamionship game Park River played great defense and Grafton barely won that game so I think that if any team can play tough pressure defense the whole game they will be able to beat Grafton. I will take Lisbon by 4-5.
pilot89

Postby adriana » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:49 pm

Unity77 wrote:^ You're obviously the one with an issue. Keep crying us a river adriana.

Hmm who's crying?!...it's going to be a bit of a wake up call when they get to the dome after playing how many consecutive games at home. I'm assuming by you saying "cry us a river"...that you're from grafton, and if that's the case..prove me wrong :P
Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.

-Michael Jordan
adriana
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys