Four Winds vs LaMoure

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Four Winds vs LaMoure

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:42 pm

What are some thoughts on the game? Then what are your predictions?
Iron Scope

Re: Four Winds vs LaMoure

Postby rep » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:44 pm

it's interesting...four winds is making its third trip to state, but only two players really have experience from those previous games. the rest of the team is so young.

lamoure is senior dominated, but it is their first trip to state.

i think that if things go right, it should be a high-scoring game, but it is pretty hard to just pick a winner and feel confident about it. could go either way.

shockman vs. alberts should be a really great matchup. dauphinias vs. holen and ironheart vs. watkins should be pretty solid also.

the game should certainly be worth the price of admission.
rep

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:50 pm

Keys for Four Winds I believe will be limiting LaMoure on the offensive boards and have Ironheart hitting right away.

LaMoure- Will need to have their guards hitting and work inside-out, not outside-in, and Shockman will need to stay out of foul trouble.

Then like I said before in another topic I don't think Four Winds will get any cheap steals and same for LaMoure.

I also wonder what Four Winds is going to do to Shockman, I know Steele, Linton, and South Border double teamed him and held him to around 12 every game, but that just opened up the three ball for Watkins, Schrader, Holen, and Stemen.
Iron Scope

Postby bballuvr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:59 pm

I agree. I'm a Loboe fan and have had the chance to visit with a couple buddies the last 2 days that are basketball savvy and have seen FW 8-10 times combined. I enjoyed the conversations in my excitement as a fan to see the Loboes going to state with a chance to do something.
FW presents some challenges to say the least. The long range bombing, speed and quickness, respectable D, and some tnmnt experience. That Dupha......sp?.[5'9" kid] is amazingly fast. He will undoubtedly be the fastest kid on the floor that game. Alberts, Ironheart, and the rest of the crew combine to be a pretty solid region champion.
LaMoure can present some challenges too. Solid defensively, shooters Holen, Watkins, Shockman, Schrader, and Stemen. Good size. Have become a respectable 1/2 court team when they are contained. No state experience, but some big game experience in regional play the last 3 years, and several of them in the {different I know} challenge of winning the state Legion baseball tourney.
I know FW has beaten teams with more size. LaMoure will be on a mission for sure. Tough to call.

What a nice tnmnt field. Gonna be fun
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:02 pm

Iron Scope wrote:What are some thoughts on the game? Then what are your predictions?

I Personally Don't think FW Can Match Up With LaMoure ......LaMoures Only Weakness On The Floor Will Be Pollert But Stemen Will Be A Big Help Off The Bench For Them Like He Has Been All Year!! Go Lobos!!
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:09 pm

Congrats to both teams for making it to the show and excellent seasons. This is a hard one my basketball reasoning says LaMoure and my gut says Four Winds. This has the potential of being the best game round 1. Ill go with my reasoning and say Lamoure gets this one.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby ducks » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:47 pm

For Four Winds to win this one they're going to need Alberts to stay out of foul trouble. Once he goes out their lacking in size. Cj is going to need to be hitting his threes
ducks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:30 am

Four Winds the last 2 years were kind of favorites and highly touted. And they never played to potential at state. Havent seen them this year, but those teams were probably better then the team they now with TI. Anyhow with that being sad, I think LaMoure runs away with this one. Key factor, Lamoure will be able to get easy buckets with Shockman. On the other hand, maybe there different but I am expecting the same as every year. Four Winds taking way to many threes and not being able to get easy buckets.

p.s not even a LaMoure fan.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby luckyinlife » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:06 am

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
Iron Scope wrote:What are some thoughts on the game? Then what are your predictions?

I Personally Don't think FW Can Match Up With LaMoure ......LaMoures Only Weakness On The Floor Will Be Pollert But Stemen Will Be A Big Help Off The Bench For Them Like He Has Been All Year!! Go Lobos!!

Pollert and Stemen are both role players. When they need an offensive threat, Stemen is on the floor. When they need a big, physical player inside, Pollert is on the floor. Considering how physical the game gets in the paint at state, Pollert will not be a weakness.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:54 am

I think this game will be closer than people think. Look at the common opponents between the teams, Carrington and Midkota. Lamoure got them by an average of 26 points FW got'em by an average of 27. FW won the region by playin the best defense they played all year. If they play like that in Fargo, then I think they win. Interesting fact: This year will be the 3rd consective year a Lovejoy brother starts in the state tourney. Quinten 2 years ago, Ivan last year and Chuck this year. Wonder if that has ever happened before?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:34 pm

Here's a look at LaMoure from the region 3 tournament.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wyXLlo4XX_o
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby bisonslayer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:37 pm

nativegolfer wrote:I think this game will be closer than people think. Look at the common opponents between the teams, Carrington and Midkota. Lamoure got them by an average of 26 points FW got'em by an average of 27. FW won the region by playin the best defense they played all year. If they play like that in Fargo, then I think they win. Interesting fact: This year will be the 3rd consective year a Lovejoy brother starts in the state tourney. Quinten 2 years ago, Ivan last year and Chuck this year. Wonder if that has ever happened before?

Common opponents IMO, only would really matter if one had lost to a team the other had beat. Any win over 20 just means the other team wasnt that good. I just think its tough to try to compare that, because of the different make up of the teams.
North Dakota Preps JV Enforcer
bisonslayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby mathlete110 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:46 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:

I don't personally see Pollert as a "weakness." I see him more as someone who can defend well but isn't a huge scorer. When Stemen comes in he makes up for Pollert's offensive side. That being said, he still contributes a lot to the team by at the very least having five fouls to give when Shockman gets in foul trouble. I wouldn't call him a weakness, but I would say Stemen plays more comfortably than Pollert at times.
mathlete110
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:44 pm

bisonslayer wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:I think this game will be closer than people think. Look at the common opponents between the teams, Carrington and Midkota. Lamoure got them by an average of 26 points FW got'em by an average of 27. FW won the region by playin the best defense they played all year. If they play like that in Fargo, then I think they win. Interesting fact: This year will be the 3rd consective year a Lovejoy brother starts in the state tourney. Quinten 2 years ago, Ivan last year and Chuck this year. Wonder if that has ever happened before?

Common opponents IMO, only would really matter if one had lost to a team the other had beat. Any win over 20 just means the other team wasnt that good. I just think its tough to try to compare that, because of the different make up of the teams.

So you don't think that if FW had only beaten those 2 teams by 5-10 points that wouldn't matter? I bet the Lamoure coaches think those scores are relevant as do the FW coaches.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:14 am

Carrington wasn't a bad team young yes but cant be an excuse an Carrington also beat Midkota by 26 you cant compare scores with other teams you play'd don't mean nothing... comes down to who wants it more an who's coming to play and Carrington they stuck around LaMoure in the stutsman was really exciting game till 4th when LaMoure started Shooting really good not much you can do when a team don't miss so if they get hot on FW an Shockman steps up i don't think they will have trouble
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby someone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:42 pm

bisonslayer wrote:

Come on yes It does matter how much you can beat a team by. I dont mean to be rude but tomorrow isn't going to be a close game. 4 Winds can beat Lamoure by 20 they won't lose. Sorry but Lamore has no expereience like 4 Winds dose in the state tourny. So thats all I have to say. :mrgreen:
someone

Postby poweraidman » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:47 pm

i think "someone" either hates lamoure or likes 4 winds, heres what i think, lamoure wins but either way its a closer game, 10 points is the max difference no matter who wins. i dont think any game in this tourny will be a blowout
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:04 pm

I think "someone" is just cheering for the home town. Four Winds has a very dedicated fan base. LaMoure is going to be a very tough game for anyone, in my opinion.

Good Luck to all teams!
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby someone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:05 pm

poweraidman wrote:i think "someone" either hates lamoure or likes 4 winds, heres what i think, lamoure wins but either way its a closer game, 10 points is the max difference no matter who wins. i dont think any game in this tourny will be a blowout

Okay i don't hate lamour Yes I'm an 4 Winds fan but you don't understand the talent our boy's have. Also Rick is a very good coach.
I'll say something different it wont be 20 points.
someone

Postby bbplayer » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:58 pm

Everyone must admit that Region 4 was probably the weakiest of all the 2008 state boys participants. No team in this region was ranked throughout the entire boys season. No team from this region really never made any headlines as a team to beat in any local newspaper. 4-Winds is young and will be around for a while but this years state tournament participants are seasoned vets and ranked in the state.
bbplayer

Postby Stromer » Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:28 am

bbplayer wrote:Everyone must admit that Region 4 was probably the weakiest of all the 2008 state boys participants. No team in this region was ranked throughout the entire boys season. No team from this region really never made any headlines as a team to beat in any local newspaper. 4-Winds is young and will be around for a while but this years state tournament participants are seasoned vets and ranked in the state.

I still will have to disagree. St. John was ranked for more than a few weeks even though it was a product of their schedule. You had teams like MS lose in regionals and finish with 4 losses. That seems comparable to others at state. You are right in saying that there never was one team to beat. If a team played good, they could beat any other on any day, which we saw in regionals. I don't think FW style matches up the best wit tall teams that can run the floor, which it seems like is most state participants. I think any region 4 team would have had matchup problems today, but other teams might have matched up better. That being said, if FW hits their shots, they are very much in the game. I also am not sold on MR yet. Region 7 might yet turn out to be the weakest.
Hater of the NC$$

Increased D1 student fees? I'm all for it.

http://www.siouxsports.com
Stromer
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:03 am

Region 4 the weakest, get real. Take a look at the teams some of the teams in R4 played with, beat, lost to, whatever. Some of the better teams played a tough schedule, some games played well, some games they got beat. I will stand by my word that this region was the toughest to get out of with so many competitive teams. Rolla RL lost to NB by 7 and they never even made the Regional. They beat Minn-Leeds by 20 and ML beat FW by 20. But weakest region? Doubt it.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:29 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:Region 4 the weakest, get real. Take a look at the teams some of the teams in R4 played with, beat, lost to, whatever. Some of the better teams played a tough schedule, some games played well, some games they got beat. I will stand by my word that this region was the toughest to get out of with so many competitive teams. Rolla RL lost to NB by 7 and they never even made the Regional. They beat Minn-Leeds by 20 and ML beat FW by 20. But weakest region? Doubt it.

I think you just helped prove the point that region 4 is the weakest. No one is saying that the region is not exciting. Either region 4 is the weakest due to the fact that the #1 team to come out of it is outmatched at the state tournament. I don't think they ran one offensive set the entire first game. Run and gun does not cut it when you are outmatched. Not at this level. If this is not the case then then it is not fair to call region 4 weak and just assume that there is a better team than FW there that just laid an egg in the region tournament.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:34 am

GoodO'LBoy wrote:I think you just helped prove the point that region 4 is the weakest. No one is saying that the region is not exciting. Either region 4 is the weakest due to the fact that the #1 team to come out of it is outmatched at the state tournament. I don't think they ran one offensive set the entire first game. Run and gun does not cut it when you are outmatched. Not at this level. If this is not the case then then it is not fair to call region 4 weak and just assume that there is a better team than FW there that just laid an egg in the region tournament.

Four Winds was not the best team to come out of Region 4, they were the team that played the best ball come tournament time, which is what got them to where they are.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:42 am

NATURAL TALENT wrote:
GoodO'LBoy wrote:I think you just helped prove the point that region 4 is the weakest. No one is saying that the region is not exciting. Either region 4 is the weakest due to the fact that the #1 team to come out of it is outmatched at the state tournament. I don't think they ran one offensive set the entire first game. Run and gun does not cut it when you are outmatched. Not at this level. If this is not the case then then it is not fair to call region 4 weak and just assume that there is a better team than FW there that just laid an egg in the region tournament.

Four Winds was not the best team to come out of Region 4, they were the team that played the best ball come tournament time, which is what got them to where they are.

Cool. I will take your word for it. Did not see any other Region 4 teams other than what I seen from 4W and I am not impressed.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Boys