Top players in each region

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Top players in each region

Postby bballfan_05 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:18 pm

I saw there was a topic like this in the Class B girls section so might as well start one in the B boys.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Re: Top players in each region

Postby chevyman11 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:31 pm

Region 7-Austin Dufault
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby itsmillertime » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:35 pm

REGION 1 CARLBLOM
REGION 3 SHOCKMAN
itsmillertime

Postby Iron Scope » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:00 pm

Region 3- 1. Caleb Shockman/Sr./LaMoure, 2. Adam Randall/Soph./Steele 3-5 can go any way between Justin Purintun/Jr./Linton, Ben Watkins/Sr./LaMoure, and Ben Holen/Sr./LaMoure
Iron Scope

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:46 pm

Region 5 Cameron Malzer
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndbfan » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:51 pm

Region 8 - Justin Shipman
ndbfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby unknown » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:03 pm

ndbfan wrote:Region 8 - Justin Shipman

Jarek Hanson. Last year ago I didn't think he was much at all, but I've watched him alot lately and he is by far the best player in region 8. Probably the 2nd best player in class b.
unknown

Postby The Schwab » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:02 pm

itsmillertime wrote:REGION 1 CARLBLOM
REGION 3 SHOCKMAN

After watching 2 days of the region 1 tournament (Semi's and Final)...Jamie Mauch is the best player in region 1...and i dont even think it's close....i'm not taking anything away from Logan....he accomplished what he set out to do....a state tournament birth.....Mr. Mauch has a bright future in basketball, the staff at Science will bring him along and polish his game....

Here are all the regions IMO....i know i had at least one shot in the dark....but hey....it's my opinons :)
Region 1- Jamie Mauch
Region 2- Tanner Carpenter ( his performance in the first half against D.P was simply AMAZING)
Region 3- Shockman
Region 4- I really enjoyed the game that i got to watch Warwick play...Victor Jackson is very very good and i look forward to seeing him play next year.
Region 5- Malzer
Region 6- Decauteau (i'm sure i butchered this spelling)
Region 7 and State- Dufault
Region 8- Shipman
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby shortstop » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:51 am

Unknown said Hanson for Region 8 and not close.
I beg to differ. Hanson has improved his TEAM play by leaps and bounds this year. However he still has flashbacks to his "me" only mentality. Shipman is a much more well rounded player. He is so smooth that you hardly notice him at times, yet ends up with around 20 points and 10 rebounds. He also plays good defense. Hanson, you can't help but notice. But that's just the way he operates. After losing a game at the regional he was at mid court when the buzzer goes off. He continued down court and slammed one to show off his dunking ability. The rest of the team was feeling bad about the loss, but I guess he decided he had to show off a little bit instead. The crowd reaction told the story what everybody thought of that move. Sheeezz...
shortstop

Postby baseball4life » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 am

The Schwab wrote:
itsmillertime wrote:REGION 1 CARLBLOM
REGION 3 SHOCKMAN

After watching 2 days of the region 1 tournament (Semi's and Final)...Jamie Mauch is the best player in region 1...and i dont even think it's close....i'm not taking anything away from Logan....he accomplished what he set out to do....a state tournament birth.....Mr. Mauch has a bright future in basketball, the staff at Science will bring him along and polish his game....

Here are all the regions IMO....i know i had at least one shot in the dark....but hey....it's my opinons :)
Region 1- Jamie Mauch
Region 2- Tanner Carpenter ( his performance in the first half against D.P was simply AMAZING)
Region 3- Shockman
Region 4- I really enjoyed the game that i got to watch Warwick play...Victor Jackson is very very good and i look forward to seeing him play next year.
Region 5- Malzer
Region 6- Decauteau (i'm sure i butchered this spelling)
Region 7 and State- Dufault
Region 8- Shipman

These are great picks, except i dont think decoutou(sp?) is the best player in region 6. I think that Allery, vetter, or maybe even wisthoff(sp?). i might be jumped on for these picks, but here is my reasoning. Allery simply makes his team much better when he is playing, and he is a great passer and scores when he needs to. Vetter because of the way he played against Decoutou in the region championship, 2 YEARS in a row! Wisthoff only because he CARRIED Glenburn this year, and he was D'd up hard by every team that they played this year.

With all of this said, i didn't get the opportunity to see Decoutou play too many times this season, but it seemed like when i saw boxscores and that kind of thing, allery seemed to have more impressive games consistently for the dragons and not Decoutou.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:28 am

Schwab....do you mean Victor or Vernell Jackson?? Victor is the short lefty that can shoot lights out from 3, but that's about it. Can't really create his own shot and is a set shooter. Leave him wide open with time to shoot and he's deadly, tho. Vernell is about 6'4" and can play inside and out....definitely a more rounded bball player. Vernell was a senior, tho.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby #28 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:27 pm

Region 6 lucas bloms
NDPreps Starter

Postby The Schwab » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:14 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Schwab....do you mean Victor or Vernell Jackson?? Victor is the short lefty that can shoot lights out from 3, but that's about it. Can't really create his own shot and is a set shooter. Leave him wide open with time to shoot and he's deadly, tho. Vernell is about 6'4" and can play inside and out....definitely a more rounded bball player. Vernell was a senior, tho.

Nope i ment Victor.....in the game i watched against midkota earlier this year he was one of the most exciting players i watched this year.....maybe it was just that game (vernell didn't play in that game)....but i thought he had alot of skill
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby westpower » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 pm

unknown wrote:

Jarek Hanson. Last year ago I didn't think he was much at all, but I've watched him alot lately and he is by far the best player in region 8. Probably the 2nd best player in class b.

no. Its shipman and everyone knows it!!! if hansen was better why wasnt he senior of the year in thiat region! HAnsen is darn tough and very flashy but shipman is an animal!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:36 pm

#28 wrote:Region 6 lucas bloms

Bloms is a great shooter. Can hit 3's with a hand in his face, no problem. Great shooter!!! The thing he really lacks is any ability to play defense. I know their coach this season is new and maybe that's why, but this kid could be an amazing all around player if someone would teach him defense and make him do it. Some conditioning would be a major help for him too. He plays flat footed and moves pretty slow. I hope someone steps up and helps him with this. I don't feel he is playing at his full potential, and I hope he will next year. He has the body and the mind to be the best in the Region, no doubt.
ndsportsfan00

Postby cubsfan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:25 pm

Region 2-Tanner Carpenter
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballernation » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:02 pm

westpower wrote:
unknown wrote:

no. Its shipman and everyone knows it!!! if hansen was better why wasnt he senior of the year in thiat region! HAnsen is darn tough and very flashy but shipman is an animal!!

hansen and youngbird are better as far as region 8 goes, there pure athletic players, very smooth. shipmans good but he moves like a robot very stiff, stay in front of him make him shoot, and the big one, KEEP HIM OFF THE BOARDs, he is a huge junk basket player.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby theDIRTYdub » Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:56 am

YEAH RIGHT! The kid has game but not the best in the region. He may be the best player on the best team in region 8, but not the best in region 8 alone. Rudy Youngbird has smooth fluid play where as justin shipman seems almost like a player taken out of a box, robotic. Also lets not forrget about other players that are good but lack proper coaching and teammates around them to really blossom, pat wolf anyone? Jaycee james? Just my opinion
There's no "I" in team...But there is in "win"...
theDIRTYdub
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:18 pm

theDIRTYdub wrote:

YEAH RIGHT! The kid has game but not the best in the region. He may be the best player on the best team in region 8, but not the best in region 8 alone. Rudy Youngbird has smooth fluid play where as justin shipman seems almost like a player taken out of a box, robotic. Also lets not forrget about other players that are good but lack proper coaching and teammates around them to really blossom, pat wolf anyone? Jaycee james? Just my opinion

totally agree, true smooth basketball players in jaycee and pat, they play a fun brand of ball much like trinity and parshall, watford to they just arent as fluid kinda robotic, but they have the best coach and play well for him. I dont get how shipman is up for Mr. basketball kinda a joke if you ask me, i think sanford is more important to them then justin
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby theDIRTYdub » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:22 pm

ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:

totally agree, true smooth basketball players in jaycee and pat, they play a fun brand of ball much like trinity and parshall, watford to they just arent as fluid kinda robotic, but they have the best coach and play well for him. I dont get how shipman is up for Mr. basketball kinda a joke if you ask me, i think sanford is more important to them then justin

Completely Agree with everything you said except that WC has the best coach, I doubt he is even the best coach during their practices *smile* shipman has had a great career though, 22 pts average a night speaks for itself, but he has plenty of help around him, sanford continues to impress me.
theDIRTYdub
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:28 pm

theDIRTYdub wrote:
ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:

Completely Agree with everything you said except that WC has the best coach, I doubt he is even the best coach during their practices *smile* shipman has had a great career though, 22 pts average a night speaks for itself, but he has plenty of help around him, sanford continues to impress me.

there talent really isnt all that great just well rounded, ive always kinda felt cranston was a good coach could be wrong though, but compare him to the other coaches in region 8, or lack there of, he is prolly the best. they really should uv lost against trinity in the semis though they dodged a huge bullet, schulz 3 point play to start ot won them the game though
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby theDIRTYdub » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:33 pm

ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:
ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:

there talent really isnt all that great just well rounded, ive always kinda felt cranston was a good coach could be wrong though, but compare him to the other coaches in region 8, or lack there of, he is prolly the best. they really should uv lost against trinity in the semis though they dodged a huge bullet, schulz 3 point play to start ot won them the game though

I've said it all along, Watford doesn't have the best talent, but they play so well together it really doesn't matter. The team chemistry is bonkers! And the reason I say he isn't that great of a coach is because he has had some very good teams come through him and he hasn't done anything with any of them until now. and these boys have been winning together LONG before Cranston. I think region 8 was alot stronger than people give credit for though, watford just committed and believed in their program more
theDIRTYdub
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ballernation » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:35 pm

theDIRTYdub wrote:
ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:
ballernation wrote:
theDIRTYdub wrote:

I've said it all along, Watford doesn't have the best talent, but they play so well together it really doesn't matter. The team chemistry is bonkers! And the reason I say he isn't that great of a coach is because he has had some very good teams come through him and he hasn't done anything with any of them until now. and these boys have been winning together LONG before Cranston. I think region 8 was alot stronger than people give credit for though, watford just committed and believed in their program more

team chemistry is great
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Return to Boys