REGION COACHES OF THE YEAR?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

REGION COACHES OF THE YEAR?

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:31 am

Who were they?
Region 6 - Shane Walker - TGU
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Re: REGION COACHES OF THE YEAR?

Postby BballFan1307 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:32 am

region 1- roesler - CC
BballFan1307
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Pfenix » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:34 am

Region 7 Greg Grinnsteiner--Trinity
Pfenix
NDPreps Starter

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:35 am

Region 3- Darren Thielges- LaMoure
Iron Scope

Postby balla8930 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:41 am

Region 8- Randy Cranston
balla8930

Postby old lineman » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:52 am

BB11 wrote:Who were they?
Region 6 - Shane Walker - TGU

Anderson from TLm and the New Salem coach were co coaches
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nd2325 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:53 am

Pfenix wrote:Region 7 Greg Grinnsteiner--Trinity

I think that a majority of the people at Region 7 were expecting (and wanting) Butterfield to win.
nd2325

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:05 am

Carlson got it in region 4 but it was a joke! Smith not getting it! Are you kidding me! Wow. Last year Monson gets it because he was sick, this year Carlson for retiring! I know Rick doesn't care and wishes the best for Ron, but come on. How doesn't Smith deserve it?
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:16 am

nd2325 wrote:
Pfenix wrote:Region 7 Greg Grinnsteiner--Trinity

I think that a majority of the people at Region 7 were expecting (and wanting) Butterfield to win.

is this written in before the year haha? Trinity is always in the end and he is a deserving coach of the year. but what about MR, RT, Bowman....
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby WildWarrior » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:24 am

nativegolfer wrote:Carlson got it in region 4 but it was a joke! Smith not getting it! Are you kidding me! Wow. Last year Monson gets it because he was sick, this year Carlson for retiring! I know Rick doesn't care and wishes the best for Ron, but come on. How doesn't Smith deserve it?

Remember this is voted on by the coaches before the tournament is over if not before it even starts. If you look at the final results, there is no question Rick deserves it!!
WildWarrior
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby commonsense » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:45 am

In Region 4, all the coaches that got their teams to the region were probably deserving of coach of the year this year. There was no dominant team, but Four Winds played 3 good games and was a deserving champion last night. Four Winds and Minnewaukan-Leeds both entered the region with 16-6 records, both finished 2nd in the district tourney. So...to say that Carlson winning was a "joke" takes it a bit far, since the voting was done ahead of time. Both Smith and Carlson also took teams that were not expected to compete and made them into regional contenders. Wirth, Frydunland, Lawrence, etc. all could have easily won the award. Smith is a class act and will no doubt win this award many more times. He showed a lot of class and great sportsmanship by having his players line up and congratulate Coach Carlson as he walked out to get the award. Best of luck to Four Winds at State and continued success to Coach Smith. Congrats to all coaches of the year!!
commonsense

Postby anythingsports » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:25 am

In region 5 it was Sturn from New Salem and Anderson from TLM....Co-Coaches
anythingsports

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:17 am

When Trinity coach Greg Grinnsteiner was named coach of the year in region 7 he was booed off the floor by the mott crowd...Not much class there! What a sorry example of sportsmanship.... :roll: :roll:
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:32 am

nativegolfer wrote:Carlson got it in region 4 but it was a joke! Smith not getting it! Are you kidding me! Wow. Last year Monson gets it because he was sick, this year Carlson for retiring! I know Rick doesn't care and wishes the best for Ron, but come on. How doesn't Smith deserve it?

It was voted on, get over it. If they didnt want Ron to be COY they wouldnt have voted him to be COY.
NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:35 am

I think we could go away from giving these awards in fron tof the crowd. The only way anyone real cares is when their coach doesn't get the nod.

I personally would like to have everyone stop booing or having all the whinners after the booing stop. Either way it they are both annoying.

I would also love to be booed. At least it meant that people were taking notice.

And if the winners supporters cheered loud enough they could drown out the boo birds.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby 9manfootballmom » Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:58 am

Wild Wolves wrote:I think we could go away from giving these awards in fron tof the crowd. The only way anyone real cares is when their coach doesn't get the nod.

I personally would like to have everyone stop booing or having all the whinners after the booing stop. Either way it they are both annoying.

I would also love to be booed. At least it meant that people were taking notice.

And if the winners supporters cheered loud enough they could drown out the boo birds.

great post Wild Wolves You always find a positive perspective to any thing. i agree totally
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scruffy » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:20 pm

Being booed IS a positive because nobody will boo a loser! It still doesn't say much for the class and integrity of those fans, the school and the town they represent. Very childish!!
No whiners allowed! The journey is the reward!
scruffy
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:45 pm

Please read your own foot note item.

All this whinning is truly childish.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hinsa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:48 pm

It is absolutely ridiculous that anyone would boo a coach of the year award. And the coaches deserve that recognition at the tournament. Same with all-region and all-tournament teams. Those kids that have excelled deserve the recognition and applause.

It's just lousy sportsmanship to boo.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:40 pm

I don't actually disagree, Hinsa,but does every thread have to lead to sportsmanship and reffing.

Play the game accept the outcome and the support or lack there of that results.

It is not what happens to us but how we react to it that really matters.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:47 pm

I don't know if I would say "booed off the floor" There was "some" oooooh's and a few boo's but I think that is a little over the top. YOu are correct, nevertheless, very unsportsmanlike. At trinity, what I have seen from the trinity crowds for 7 years.......nah I ain't even going there. Nevertheless, not cool crowd.

As for the award, I believe it is called Region 7 coach of the year, correct. DOes that mean it goes to the best coaching job in region 7 that year, well in the case Griiny took a clas of unexperienced underclassmen, and by the end of the season had them winning the dristrict. NICE!!!!! HE deserves it. Way to go Grinnsteinner!!!
hp fan

Postby American_Gangster » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:48 pm

scruffy wrote:When Trinity coach Greg Grinnsteiner was named coach of the year in region 7 he was booed off the floor by the mott crowd...Not much class there! What a sorry example of sportsmanship.... :roll: :roll:

yeah...so i was at the game and there was no booing when grinny got it...mott didnt clap much for him cuz they were caught up in other things...but they didnt boo.

Butterfield had no chance at winning region 7 coach of the year because he is not a part of the North Dakota High School Coaches Association. I heard that straight out of his mouth. I didnt think that grinny didnt deserve it, but i could understand why people would want butterfield to win it. Most people didnt know that he wasnt able to win it no matter what though.
American_Gangster

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:15 pm

Good to KNOW
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:25 pm

I completely agree with this... I don't think very many people gave Four Winds a chance of repeating with such a young team, but Smith did an awesome job of getting those boys to play with confidence. He deserves it. Carlson did a real nice in the regular season, but everything is decided at tournament time. To bad these things are chosen before the start of the tournaments, that needs to change...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby chevyman11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:32 pm

American_Gangster wrote:
scruffy wrote:When Trinity coach Greg Grinnsteiner was named coach of the year in region 7 he was booed off the floor by the mott crowd...Not much class there! What a sorry example of sportsmanship.... :roll: :roll:

yeah...so i was at the game and there was no booing when grinny got it...mott didnt clap much for him cuz they were caught up in other things...but they didnt boo.

Butterfield had no chance at winning region 7 coach of the year because he is not a part of the North Dakota High School Coaches Association. I heard that straight out of his mouth. I didnt think that grinny didnt deserve it, but i could understand why people would want butterfield to win it. Most people didnt know that he wasnt able to win it no matter what though.

I was at the game and Grinny was not booed, they did clap but not in a tremendous amount. Most people were in shock that he got it, but I can see why (as was mentioned before)-taking underclassmen and making it to regionals.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Next

Return to Boys