State Tournament Matchups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament Matchups

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:20 pm

magic715 wrote:
biggest ticket wrote:
Bill Cartwright wrote:Biggest Ticket, you definately have to be from TL, there is no way they take first because they wont get past Ryan in the first round. Ryan has some great defenders and role players, and no im not from ryan I really cant stand them but they deserve the credit because they are tough, and Vetter is going to go off!

Im from where I am from. I saw TLM- Hazen this year. I saw Watford-Hazen. I saw Ryan-Hazen. Figure out where I am from. It goes like this 1.TL-M 2. Ryan 3. Watford. Oh yeah I did go to the scrimmage Ryan-TL-M. Wasnt pretty for Ryan and dont give me it was just a scrimmage because no ball player likes to get it handed to them. They try to stop the bleeding and just couldnt that day at least. I might be a referree and see a whole lot of basketball.

I also saw the scrimmage, and yes TL-M out played them, but like Allen Iverson says "its just practice", but who knows maybe that scrimmage , if the Ryan players think they lost it, will give extra motivation(like anyone really needs anymore motivation , other than going to state). But this should be a really exciting tourney, i trully feel any one of 7 teams could win it, so with that said it will be fun.

The only reason I gave my reasons for why I feel TLM is the darkest horse in a close race was because Bill Wennington or Cartwright mentioned that I was from TLM and that was the my reasoning behind my top 8 list. So I gave reasons and one of them happen to be a scrimmage that was done a week before regular season games started. I feel that scrimmage was a long time ago myself at the same time TLM out played them to the score of 38-15 in 18 minutes leaving anyone who watched it wondering how much does Ryan have to improve to catch up with the Trojans these past few months. It wouldnt of been bad neither but you could see Ryans frustration and trying so hard. Looked like they were running in mud that day.

That being said I respect Ryan an their big man Vetter. They will definitly compete at state. I seriously just think they got a bad draw here drawing TLM. Final score should be something 76-62ish TLM.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:00 pm

First of all big ticket you are from TL. Second vetter isnt like any other post and will dominate, and third TL only has 3 good players and the other 2 are weak, so the statement of too much firepower is ridiculous. Singer is a very strong player but not very sound on the offensive end. If he is the 2nd option in their offense they will have trouble. He will get his fair share of dirty points but other than that not much.From what I know Nelson is a very streaky player so I could see him going off verse Ryan, but I do believe TL will have to ride the back of Malzer to get where they want to go.
Bill Cartwright

Postby 2EASY » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:23 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:First of all big ticket you are from TL. Second vetter isnt like any other post and will dominate, and third TL only has 3 good players and the other 2 are weak, so the statement of too much firepower is ridiculous. Singer is a very strong player but not very sound on the offensive end. If he is the 2nd option in their offense they will have trouble. He will get his fair share of dirty points but other than that not much.From what I know Nelson is a very streaky player so I could see him going off verse Ryan, but I do believe TL will have to ride the back of Malzer to get where they want to go.

Ok you can't really say that they only have 3 good players when bishop ryan only has 3 good players. Franky Lopez would be the 3rd leading scorer for BR and he has had a couple 20 point games and as of lately has been averaging around 15. Can you say that for TJ Wall, Kruegar, and whoever else, what im saying is TLM's 4th best player would dominate BR 4th best player, and he would definantly outscore Eggle, even though i know Eggle is important to BR's team.
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:07 pm

Wennington wrong again.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Bill Cartwright when you went to state in 01 i had picked you guys to get to the finals. Big underdogs but thought you were playing well at the right time. Im not from TL as you say but I know where you are from and who you is.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby mags » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 pm

ooo scary .... lookout bill hes got your number haha
anyways on a lighter note it will be fun to watch vetter and backes go against malzer since they r pretty good pals each haveing played together in ECI last summer (malzer may have been on the junior team? i think they played together sometimes)
mags
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 pm

mags wrote:ooo scary .... lookout bill hes got your number haha
anyways on a lighter note it will be fun to watch vetter and backes go against malzer since they r pretty good pals each haveing played together in ECI last summer (malzer may have been on the junior team? i think they played together sometimes)

yea i cant wait that game should be really fun to watch
bigtuna21

Postby Big Ticket » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:02 pm

bigtuna21 wrote:

yea i cant wait that game should be really fun to watch

Malzer played on both ECI teams. I know that he would love to play those guys one last time, I also know that he would LOVE to beat them. Should be exciting, i recomend everyone watch it.
Big Ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigtuna21 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:06 pm

how many seniors does T-L-M have on there team?
bigtuna21

Postby oldsportsfan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:45 pm

TLM has 4 seniors
oldsportsfan
NDPreps Rookie

Postby NDbballfan123 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:49 pm

since everyones pickin the same teams to win i dont want to go into that so i'll just go out on a limb and say Lisbon wins it all, if im right i get to fill out all ur NCAA tourney brackets
NDbballfan123
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:46 am

No I just thought it was funny that BC thought he knew who I was and actually I knew who he was. Thats all just letting him know that I could play the guessing game too.

On topic. This is a very even playing field. I agree with whoever said there was at least 7 teams that could win 3 straight and actually to me all 8 are capable to beat each other in this field. So let the games begin.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:37 am

You dont know where Im from, but that really doesnt matter,lets sit back and watch the games start to unfold on Thursday. I guess if TL wins I will have to eat my words, which I do make mistakes sometimes so i will have to deal with it. I know my basketball, and I feel Ryan is just to tough but then again, anything can happen
Bill Cartwright

Postby poweraidman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:03 pm

i really think any team but 4 winds can go all the way
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby spalding06 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:06 pm

I'll go with this finish:
1. Watford
2. Lamoure
3. Lisbon
4. TLM
5. Grafton
6. Minot Ryan
7. Mott/Regent
8. FW
spalding06
NDPreps Reserve

Postby east5840 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:50 pm

NDbballfan123 wrote:since everyones pickin the same teams to win i dont want to go into
that so i'll just go out on a limb and say Lisbon wins it all, if im
right i get to fill out all ur NCAA tourney brackets

Why do u say goin out on a limb, Lisbon was a legitimate chance of winning it all. Yet i do think any team can win it besides FW because they just lack height, and from what ive seen in the past too 3 point dominate. If they have a bad shooting night i think they lose, but its state class "B" so anything can happen
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:54 am

east5840 wrote:
NDbballfan123 wrote:since everyones pickin the same teams to win i dont want to go into

Why do u say goin out on a limb, Lisbon was a legitimate chance of winning it all. Yet i do think any team can win it besides FW because they just lack height, and from what ive seen in the past too 3 point dominate. If they have a bad shooting night i think they lose, but its state class "B" so anything can happen

You know no one is giving FW a chance and that's fine. But let me tell this Lamoure won't win the tourney. They will either lose to FW or if they win they are going to have to do it buy runnin up and down the court for the full 32 minutes. They'll be to tired to play a full game in the semis. Now those Lamoure fans will say that they can play a fast paced game but they haven't seen a team like FW. It's gonna be full throttle run and gun and they better be ready. Get ready Lamoure, here come the INDIANS!!!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby luckyinlife » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:14 am

nativegolfer wrote:
east5840 wrote:

You know no one is giving FW a chance and that's fine. But let me tell this Lamoure won't win the tourney. They will either lose to FW or if they win they are going to have to do it buy runnin up and down the court for the full 32 minutes. They'll be to tired to play a full game in the semis. Now those Lamoure fans will say that they can play a fast paced game but they haven't seen a team like FW. It's gonna be full throttle run and gun and they better be ready. Get ready Lamoure, here come the INDIANS!!!

NG, I love your spirit. Speaking as a LaMoure fan, we are looking forward to a run and gun game. Every team we have played in the second half of the season has played a slow down game and we are ready for a fast paced game. This game may well be the most entertaining game of the tournament. I can't wait! See you there. I will be the ugly guy wearing a Loboe T-shirt. :D
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:45 am

luckyinlife wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
east5840 wrote:

NG, I love your spirit. Speaking as a LaMoure fan, we are looking forward to a run and gun game. Every team we have played in the second half of the season has played a slow down game and we are ready for a fast paced game. This game may well be the most entertaining game of the tournament. I can't wait! See you there. I will be the ugly guy wearing a Loboe T-shirt. :D

I'll be the big 6'7" bald guy wearing the indians t-shirt, oh wait that'll be Indians Alumni. Oh well, i'll be the homely guy wearing the indians t-shirt. :P
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballuvr » Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:29 am

nativegolfer wrote:
east5840 wrote:

NG, you are a great fan. But, don't use the phrase "Noone is giving FW a chance". That's ridiculous to say. They've been there 3 straight years. I strolled into the Loboe gym yesterday to check out practice. I'm just pumped up! I can tell you that the LaMoure players and coaches don't have that thought process for sure.
I will say that LaMoure is the real deal, and although I know you guys can run people in the ground, the athletes LaMoure puts on the floor can run with the best of them. I won't predict who's going to win, but I will predict that I'm going to have some fun! Both teams present some interesting matchup concerns.
Enjoy yourself NG.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bballfan_05 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:34 am

bballuvr wrote:
nativegolfer wrote:
east5840 wrote:

NG, you are a great fan. But, don't use the phrase "Noone is giving FW a chance". That's ridiculous to say. They've been there 3 straight years. I strolled into the Loboe gym yesterday to check out practice. I'm just pumped up! I can tell you that the LaMoure players and coaches don't have that thought process for sure.
I will say that LaMoure is the real deal, and although I know you guys can run people in the ground, the athletes LaMoure puts on the floor can run with the best of them. I won't predict who's going to win, but I will predict that I'm going to have some fun! Both teams present some interesting matchup concerns.
Enjoy yourself NG.

On paper it looks to be an exciting game to kick off the State B. Good luck to all teams.
bballfan_05
NDPreps All-State

Postby MT_20 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:42 am

Has Turtle Lake even been challenged this year besides the early season lose and beating hazen by 6 i don't think they have been in to many close games have they??? i say they have a good shot to win the tournament if they make it by the first round
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby oneshot » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:29 am

TL-M lost the first game of the year to Berthold 78-75...the only other close games were 49-44 over Center, 56-52 over Washburn and 67-61 over BHS JV...almost every other game was a 20+ win...by the way, the Hazen score was 99-72.
oneshot
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:59 pm

TLM had a 17 point lead throughout the second half agains Bismarcks JV. BHSJV just made a real good run once the game was basically over.

Ryan having 9 seniors that have been there before is their greatest advantage against TLM. I still have TLM to much Malzer, Nelson and Singer, but Ryan is the scariest team in the field because of their experience. Only one more day and we will see how it goes down.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:53 pm

1. Ryan
2. Grafton
3. MR
4. Lamoure
5. WC
6. TLM
7. Lisbon
8. 4WInds

I think TLM has the worst draw, seems as though Ryan could possible wear them down. MR in a big time upset, and the best games of the tourney, will be in the consolation bracket. SHould be a great tourney
hp fan

PreviousNext

Return to Boys