State Tournament Matchups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament Matchups

Postby east5840 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:18 am

dont count out lisbon from this tourneyment they have a strong tem that could get them to the state chanpionship. from what ive gathered they match up really well with both grafton and watford city. They have a strong team and play 8 guys and then u cant forget about logan carlblom, hes the type of player that can shut down kliniske and shipman. thats just my opinion though.
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby B_Baller » Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:22 am

I say if, only if, FW loses first round, but I don't think they will, have a goo chance of taking fifth. They do have a good team but if they made it to the ship somehow how will they match up against WC???
B_Baller
NDPreps Starter

Postby kobe4mvp » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:42 am

B_Baller wrote:I say if, only if, FW loses first round, but I don't think they will, have a goo chance of taking fifth. They do have a good team but if they made it to the ship somehow how will they match up against WC???

i think the real question is if, only if BR wins first round which i think they well... how will FW match up with Vetter and Backes? i think whoever wins out of BR and TLM is going to the ship and winning it all
kobe4mvp

Postby bballuvr » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:53 am

FW has some special players for sure. I wouldn't skip over LaMoure in my thinking though. They have a nice shot to advance into the night bracket. They present FW some matchup issues as does FW to LaMoure.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby taveg » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:04 pm

kinda surprising that so many people are not picking watford to win it all
taveg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby basketball » Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 pm

1. Watford
2. Ryan
3. Grafton
4. Lamoure
5. TLM
6. MR
7. Lisbon
8. Four Winds
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:07 pm

basketball wrote:1. Watford
2. Ryan
3. Grafton
4. Lamoure
5. TLM
6. MR
7. Lisbon
8. Four Winds

What did you just rank the teams according to records? Way to go out on a limb, there. Excellent analysis. FW might take last but I gaurentee you they'll be in every game they play!
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:50 pm

1.TLM
2.Grafton
3.Watford City
4.Lamoure
5.Ryan
6.Lisbon
7.Four Winds
8.Mott-Regent
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby BB11 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:16 pm

ndsportsfan00 wrote:BB11-

If you're predictions are right, you will be my most favorite person ever (even tho I don't know u)

Well thank you - I'm guessing your a Ryan fan. So good luck to your team next week. :D
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Luke_J32 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:41 pm

1. Watford City
2. Minot Ryan
3. Grafton
4. LaMoure
5. Mott-Regent
6. Four Winds
7. TLM
8. Lisbon

I am cheering for Grafton and Four WInds so I hope my picks aren't right but it's just my gut feeling.
Luke_J32

Postby ndbball_10 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:22 am

Lights Out2 wrote:1. Lisbon
2. Grafton

7. Mott/Regent
8. Watford City

3. Lamoure
4. Four Winds

5. Turtle Lake/Mercer
6. Bishop Ryan

Grafton, Watford City, Lamoure, and Ryan first round winners
Watford and Ryan in the semis
Watford City champions

grafton
watford city
four winds
ryan

grafton and ryan winners

grafton champions
ndbball_10

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm

You cant say Nelson is their 3rd option. First option is Malzer, second is Nelson, and the 3rd is Singer getting rebounds off their misses. Singer is definately there 3rd option. BR will slow Malzer down because once he gives it up they wont let him get it back. Nelson will have to be huge in this one if TL has a chance. Another factor will be if Singer or Vetter get into foul trouble throughout the game. It shoud be a good one but ryan will prevail be at least 8
Bill Cartwright

Postby bigtuna21 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:18 pm

lamoure probably has the worst bench out of any of the temas they only play on guy off hte bench
bigtuna21

Postby ndbbbfan » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:58 pm

Lamoure will beat Four Winds but it will be a good game.
TLM and Minot Ryan will be the best game of the first day. TLM has had a very weak schedule. Ryan will win in OT by 2.
WC well beat Mott Region by 15.
Grafton and Lisbon will be a great game but Grafton will pull it off in the end.

Minot Ryan will beat Lamoure by 15+. They will be just too tough for Lamoure who IMO had a weak schedule this year as well.
WC beat Grafton by 20 earlier this year and I expect the same again.

In the championship WC will win in double OT by 2. They will hit big free throws at the end to seal it up.
1.WC
2.Minot Ryan
3.Grafton
4.Lamoure
5.Lisbon
6.TLM
7.Mott Region
8.Four Winds
ndbbbfan

Postby westpower » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Lamoure over FW by 7
Ryan over TLM by 5 in OT Backes goes nutz!!
Wc over MR by 5
Grafton over Lisbon by 11 Klinskie with 24

TLM over FW by 17 Malzer goes off!!!
Lisbon over MR by 6 in OT
Ryan over lamoure by 7 Vetter unstoppable
Wc over Grafton by 9

MR over FW by 9
Tlm over lisbon by 6
Grafton over LAmoure by 3 in
Wc over Ryan by 4 in OT shipman vs. vetter and sanford vs. backes its a battle but the bench pulls it off for the wolves

1. Watford City
2. Minot Ryan
3.Grafton
4. LAmoure
5.TLM
6. Lisbon
7. MR
8. 4 winds

Should be one helluva fun weekend!!!
westpower
NDPreps Starter

Postby east5840 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:59 pm

i think lamoure or lisbon can make more noise than you think. Lamoures bench is not deep but its worked all season, the only thing is if shockman stays out of foul trouble other than that they have shooters and play good defense, FW wont be able to handle shockman, watkins, and holen. Lisbon is a really good team playing some good basketball. They are tall, have quick guards, and have muscle along with a bench that goes 7-8 deep, i just dont think grafton can match up with them.

Day 1
LaMoure over FW
Ryan over TLM
WC over MR
Lisbon over Grafton
east5840
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bill Cartwright » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:14 pm

Biggest Ticket, you definately have to be from TL, there is no way they take first because they wont get past Ryan in the first round. Ryan has some great defenders and role players, and no im not from ryan I really cant stand them but they deserve the credit because they are tough, and Vetter is going to go off!
Bill Cartwright

Postby bballuvr » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:21 pm

bigtuna21 wrote:lamoure probably has the worst bench out of any of the temas they only play on guy off hte bench

True they play only six, rarely a 7th. I've seen many teams over the years play in state tourneys not going past one or two on the bench.
LaMoure's distirict was down some regarding a weak schedule. They did beat many teams quite badly though, as they should have. Certainly some teams had tougher schedules, but some I've looked at looked a little suspect also.
IF LaMoure gets past FW, I see them fairing OK against TLM or MR. I didn't say beating them, but IF they are in the second round, they present some players to be reckoned with themselves.
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby biggest ticket » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:28 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:Biggest Ticket, you definately have to be from TL, there is no way they take first because they wont get past Ryan in the first round. Ryan has some great defenders and role players, and no im not from ryan I really cant stand them but they deserve the credit because they are tough, and Vetter is going to go off!

Im from where I am from. I saw TLM- Hazen this year. I saw Watford-Hazen. I saw Ryan-Hazen. Figure out where I am from. It goes like this 1.TL-M 2. Ryan 3. Watford. Oh yeah I did go to the scrimmage Ryan-TL-M. Wasnt pretty for Ryan and dont give me it was just a scrimmage because no ball player likes to get it handed to them. They try to stop the bleeding and just couldnt that day at least. I might be a referree and see a whole lot of basketball.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby magic715 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:15 am

biggest ticket wrote:
Bill Cartwright wrote:Biggest Ticket, you definately have to be from TL, there is no way they take first because they wont get past Ryan in the first round. Ryan has some great defenders and role players, and no im not from ryan I really cant stand them but they deserve the credit because they are tough, and Vetter is going to go off!

Im from where I am from. I saw TLM- Hazen this year. I saw Watford-Hazen. I saw Ryan-Hazen. Figure out where I am from. It goes like this 1.TL-M 2. Ryan 3. Watford. Oh yeah I did go to the scrimmage Ryan-TL-M. Wasnt pretty for Ryan and dont give me it was just a scrimmage because no ball player likes to get it handed to them. They try to stop the bleeding and just couldnt that day at least. I might be a referree and see a whole lot of basketball.

I also saw the scrimmage, and yes TL-M out played them, but like Allen Iverson says "its just practice", but who knows maybe that scrimmage , if the Ryan players think they lost it, will give extra motivation(like anyone really needs anymore motivation , other than going to state). But this should be a really exciting tourney, i trully feel any one of 7 teams could win it, so with that said it will be fun.
magic715

Postby MT_20 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:43 am

Grafton over Lisbon
Watford City over Mott/Regent
LaMoure over Four Winds
TL/M over Bishop Ryan
Semis
Watford City over Grafton
TL/M over LaMoure
3rd
Grafton over LaMoure
Championship
Watford City over TL/M
Losers Bracket
Lisbon over M/R
Bishop Ryan over Four Winds
7th
Four Winds over M/R
5th
Bishop Ryan over Lisbon
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby jr83h » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:30 am

to say that vetter is going to go off against TL-M is a bold statement..i know vetter is crazy good but only one post has really scored on singer all year and thats 7 footer from grant county and that wasn't because of bad defense just over sized. i'll make a prediction that vetter has 17 and singer gets 16. nelson probably won't have a huge day 1 cause i'm guessin ryan will come out and man up. then the first 2 options are malzer and singer..zone defense then it is malzer and nelson..so it depends on what type of D ryan is in to say singer isn't their #2 offensive threat is also wrong.
jr83h
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:45 am

Sadly Bill Cartwright's NBA Career was better than his takes on ND Class b hs basketball. Brutal. Thats to bad I didnt think his knees would bug him even on Preps. Sad just sad.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby silentbob » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:20 pm

I haven't heard much about Grafton or Lisbon. How good are these teams, and what will be their keys of success at state?
silentbob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby steel33 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:00 pm

1.) TLM just too much fire power for the rest.
2.) Watford city
3.) Lamoure
4.) Grafton
5.) Lisbon
6.) Ryan
7.) Mott/Regent
8.) Four Winds
steel33
NDPreps Reserve

PreviousNext

Return to Boys