State Tournament Matchups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

State Tournament Matchups

Postby Lights Out2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:10 pm

1. Lisbon
2. Grafton

7. Mott/Regent
8. Watford City

3. Lamoure
4. Four Winds

5. Turtle Lake/Mercer
6. Bishop Ryan

Grafton, Watford City, Lamoure, and Ryan first round winners
Watford and Ryan in the semis
Watford City champions
Last edited by Lights Out2 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Re: State Tournament Matchups

Postby old lineman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:17 pm

Did TLM pay Ryan in the season or in a scrimage??
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Lights Out2 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:21 pm

I looked on the ndhsaa website and it didnt show those teams meeting up so I would guess it was just a scrimage
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
Lights Out2
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:28 pm

I'm going to take...
Lisbon
watford
LaMoure
TLM

Semi games LaMoure an Watford
LaMoure in close one in ship
TLM 3rd
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby poweraidman » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:42 pm

which bracket is tougher, or are they about evenly matched
poweraidman
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby King James » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:43 pm

Malzer vs Backes in round one what a match up. TLM could have problems with Vetter
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby magic715 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:46 pm

King James wrote:Malzer vs Backes in round one what a match up. TLM could have problems with Vetter

Backes and Malzer and Vetter played together this summer, right? Are they friends?
magic715

Postby King James » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:47 pm

yeah i played with them too they were really good friends i cant wait to watch it
Wheres the elbow
King James
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:43 am

Whoever wins between TL-M and Minot Ryan the first day will win the State Championship - that is my prediction. Yes I know Watford is undefeated and they are a great team - I just think that the two hottest teams in the state right now are playing each other the first day - and that winner will take it all. Realistically - TL-M and Ryan have pretty much went the whole season undefeated too. TLM lost their very 1st game of year and Ryan lost their 2nd. It's been a long time for either of them too lose. This will be the best game of the tournament, In my opinion.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:17 pm

BB11 wrote:Whoever wins between TL-M and Minot Ryan the first day will win the State Championship - that is my prediction. Yes I know Watford is undefeated and they are a great team - I just think that the two hottest teams in the state right now are playing each other the first day - and that winner will take it all. Realistically - TL-M and Ryan have pretty much went the whole season undefeated too. TLM lost their very 1st game of year and Ryan lost their 2nd. It's been a long time for either of them too lose. This will be the best game of the tournament, In my opinion.

Grafton and Lisbon are pretty hot as well.....i think it will be Watford will win
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby silentbob » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:35 pm

Lights Out2 wrote:1. Lisbon
2. Grafton

7. Mott/Regent
8. Watford City

3. Lamoure
4. Four Winds

5. Turtle Lake/Mercer
6. Bishop Ryan

Grafton, Watford City, Lamoure, and Ryan first round winners
Watford and Ryan in the semis
Watford City champions

Don't count out Mott-Regent to pull of an early upset of Watford City. Not saying Mott will win it but if they can get past Watford i think they have a ligitimate chance of bringing another title back to town.
silentbob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:50 pm

BB11 wrote:Whoever wins between TL-M and Minot Ryan the first day will win the State Championship - that is my prediction. Yes I know Watford is undefeated and they are a great team - I just think that the two hottest teams in the state right now are playing each other the first day - and that winner will take it all. Realistically - TL-M and Ryan have pretty much went the whole season undefeated too. TLM lost their very 1st game of year and Ryan lost their 2nd. It's been a long time for either of them too lose. This will be the best game of the tournament, In my opinion.

I agree with you completely BB11.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:06 pm

I have heard TLM doesn;t have much of a bench. PLaying 3 days in a row, could wear them down. They will be playing against the best in the state, not against region 5.
hp fan

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:09 pm

Lamoure
Four Winds

TLM
Minot Ryan

MR
Watford

LIsbon
Grafton

What are your picks????
hp fan

Postby nativegolfer » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:24 pm

hp fan wrote:Lamoure
Four Winds

TLM
Minot Ryan

MR
Watford

LIsbon
Grafton

What are your picks????

In the 1st game, the only way to gage these teams is common opponents. Lamoure played Carrington twice and beat them by 28 and 22, FW played them once and beat them by 21. Lamoure played Midkota and won by 30, FW by 33. Looks like a pretty even match up to me.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:32 pm

hp fan wrote:Lamoure
Four Winds

TLM
Minot Ryan

MR
Watford

LIsbon
Grafton

What are your picks????

I'd say
Lamoure by 4 - more talent
Minot Ryan by 6 - No answer for Vetter by TLM
Watford by 2
Grafton by 8 - just a guess

Then
Ryan over LaMoure by 10
Watford over Grafton by 3

Ryan over Watford by 2 in Double OT - on a last second 3 by Backes from mid-court.

How's that for predictions? :mrgreen: Do I win a prize if they happen to come true? :D
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:43 pm

1.LaMoure
2.Grafton
3.Watford City
4.Minot Ryan
5.Lisbon
6.Four Winds
7.Turtle Lake/Mercer
8.Mott/Regent
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:30 pm

hp fan wrote:

I have heard TLM doesn;t have much of a bench. PLaying 3 days in a row, could wear them down. They will be playing against the best in the state, not against region 5.

Region 5 is extremely weak this year about the same as Region 7 though. TLM 99-Hazen 72 Malzer sitting the whole 4th. MR 43-41 in a yawner.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:36 pm

TLM won their 3 regional games by 29, 29 and 23. They beat several other teams around the state that made regionals all by those same amounts well Hazen 27, TGU 30 something but basically the same. Beulah and Velva were competitive in their districts and region 40 point losses to TLM this year.

Im just saying Region 5 is weak, but I cant really tell if its all that much weaker than some of the other regions from what I have seen this year. All of TLMs games go the same way this year they pressure and run. Teams stay with it for around 3 quarters before it seems just giving up.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:45 pm

BB11-

If you're predictions are right, you will be my most favorite person ever (even tho I don't know u)
ndsportsfan00

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:48 pm

biggest ticket wrote:TLM won their 3 regional games by 29, 29 and 23. They beat several other teams around the state that made regionals all by those same amounts well Hazen 27, TGU 30 something but basically the same. Beulah and Velva were competitive in their districts and region 40 point losses to TLM this year.

Im just saying Region 5 is weak, but I cant really tell if its all that much weaker than some of the other regions from what I have seen this year. All of TLMs games go the same way this year they pressure and run. Teams stay with it for around 3 quarters before it seems just giving up.

Great!! SOmeone who knows TLM!! I have some serious questions for you. SOunds like they like to run and press. Do you think they can hold this up for 3 stright days? Can they do this against the best in the state. (I see your hazen argument, but beulah didn't make regionals??)?? Quite frankly they aren't Bishop Ryan!!
hp fan

Postby cubsfan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:57 pm

My picks are:
Lamoure, Ryan, Watford, and Lisbon
2nd day:
FW, Grafton, Lamoure, Lisbon
3rd day:
TLM, Grafton, Ryan, and Lamoure.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby 2EASY » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:04 pm

hp fan wrote:
biggest ticket wrote:TLM won their 3 regional games by 29, 29 and 23. They beat several other teams around the state that made regionals all by those same amounts well Hazen 27, TGU 30 something but basically the same. Beulah and Velva were competitive in their districts and region 40 point losses to TLM this year.

Great!! SOmeone who knows TLM!! I have some serious questions for you. SOunds like they like to run and press. Do you think they can hold this up for 3 stright days? Can they do this against the best in the state. (I see your hazen argument, but beulah didn't make regionals??)?? Quite frankly they aren't Bishop Ryan!!

If you dont remember bishop only beat buelah by 2 points. I personally think that TLM will win this game. Ryan plays man and TLMs offense is very good against a man defense. I havnt seen a team really stop them when playing man
2EASY
NDPreps Reserve

Postby biggest ticket » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:29 pm

hp fan wrote:

They can. They go from Man to Man to 2-3 to a trap that from what I can tell is ran wrong but it works cuz of there speed. Everything they do is very fast for hs ball. The kids move like college quickness w/o the size. Size hasnt bugged them all year though and they faced a 7 fter who dunked on them 3 times. They just outlet and 3 points the other end. I have watched/played a lot of basketball and Ill be very impressed if a hs class b team can hold them off for 32 minutes.

Knowitalls rankings makes me wonder how sarcastic the name is. Third option hs basketball team scored 42 points in one game, o also 28 points another nite, 23 multiple times and thats the 3rd option. Class B doesnt have that kind of talent in small schools. They have some weaknesses but thats for teams to find.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby hp fan » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:45 pm

biggest ticket wrote:
hp fan wrote:

They can. They go from Man to Man to 2-3 to a trap that from what I can tell is ran wrong but it works cuz of there speed. Everything they do is very fast for hs ball. The kids move like college quickness w/o the size. Size hasnt bugged them all year though and they faced a 7 fter who dunked on them 3 times. They just outlet and 3 points the other end. I have watched/played a lot of basketball and Ill be very impressed if a hs class b team can hold them off for 32 minutes.

Knowitalls rankings makes me wonder how sarcastic the name is. Third option hs basketball team scored 42 points in one game, o also 28 points another nite, 23 multiple times and thats the 3rd option. Class B doesnt have that kind of talent in small schools. They have some weaknesses but thats for teams to find.

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to see them play. Sounds like a fun team to watch. Good luck TLM
hp fan

Next

Return to Boys