State Tournament Matchups

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: State Tournament Matchups

Postby someone » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:58 pm

So I take it that no one thinks that 4 Winds is going to make it past the 1st round.
Well I say different.
They know they can't and won't lose the first game.
But im not a pyshic so yeah good luck to all teams tomorrow.

Even Lamoure
someone

Postby ticket0115 » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Hey Cartwright remember when Malzer tied you in a not at the CC and you had to take him out so he wouldnt embarrass you.
ticket0115
NDPreps Starter

Postby shortstop » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:06 pm

I might as well get my picks in here.

1. Watford
2. LaMoure
3. Ryan
4. Lisbon
5. TLM
6. Mott-Reg
7. Grafton
8. 4 Winds

I think it's a very balanced field this year. Shouldn't be many games with a 10 point spread or more.
shortstop

Postby bballfan7 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

1.Watford City
2.Lamoure
3.Minot Ryan
4.Lisbon
5.Grafton
6.TLM
7.4 Winds
8.Mott-Regent
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:07 am

1. Lamoure
2. Watford
3. Bishop Ryan
4. Grafton
5. TLM
6. Lisbon
7. FW
8. MR
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby brockstar41 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:16 am

Lamoure is going to demolish Four Winds. Just look at the matchups.

Shockman vs Ironheart

Watkins vs Dauphnais

Schrader vs Lawrence

Pollert vs Alberts

Holen vs Lovejoy

I don't exactly with Holen and Pollert, but looks to me like Lamoure's got an easy game ahead of them.
GO LOBOES

p.s. I'm not from Lamoure
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby basketball » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:03 pm

nativegolfer wrote:
basketball wrote:1. Watford
2. Ryan
3. Grafton
4. Lamoure
5. TLM
6. MR
7. Lisbon
8. Four Winds

What did you just rank the teams according to records? Way to go out on a limb, there. Excellent analysis. FW might take last but I gaurentee you they'll be in every game they play!

Actually I didnt even look at records. I have seen a few of these teams play this year and thats just the way i think it will turn out. Im guessing you never would have said anything if I didnt have Four Winds last...
basketball
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:34 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:You cant say Nelson is their 3rd option. First option is Malzer, second is Nelson, and the 3rd is Singer getting rebounds off their misses. Singer is definately there 3rd option. BR will slow Malzer down because once he gives it up they wont let him get it back. Nelson will have to be huge in this one if TL has a chance. Another factor will be if Singer or Vetter get into foul trouble throughout the game. It shoud be a good one but ryan will prevail be at least 8

What was that?
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby biggest ticket » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:35 pm

Bill Cartwright wrote:Biggest Ticket, you definately have to be from TL, there is no way they take first because they wont get past Ryan in the first round. Ryan has some great defenders and role players, and no im not from ryan I really cant stand them but they deserve the credit because they are tough, and Vetter is going to go off!

If I didnt know you I would think your from Ryan. How did that go again.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Postby Bill Cartwright » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:32 pm

Well, Like I mentioned before I have made mistakes before. I tip my hat to TL they played a great ball game. It was fun to watch. I truely have a great amount of respect for Malzers game now, he look tough today. He took his team on his back when they needed him most. The only thing he really did wrong was turn it over at the end. I also have to say Vetter look unbelievable in the 4th quarter. Singer did a good job on him most of the game, he was just on a mission in the 4th. Well I was wrong and TL proved they got what it takes. I do have to say if they are going to make it to the ship and win they will need Nelson to play a better game. I will give him props for not playing good the whole game but stepped to the line and sunk them both when his team needed him to. I hope to see more games like this in the tourney it was great. Good luck to the teams in the rest of their games.
Bill Cartwright

Postby Iron Scope » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:52 am

Looks like steel33 and MT_20 were the only ones who got the first round right...lets see how their picks go in the second round.
Iron Scope

Postby MT_20 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:55 am

Iron Scope wrote:Looks like steel33 and MT_20 were the only ones who got the first round right...lets see how their picks go in the second round.

Can i change my pics haha after last night i honestly think Grafton is going to knock off Watford City.
“Show class, have pride, and display character. If you do, winning takes care of itself.”
--Paul "Bear" Bryant
MT_20
NDPreps Starter

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:34 am

nativegolfer wrote:
east5840 wrote:
NDbballfan123 wrote:since everyones pickin the same teams to win i dont want to go into
that so i'll just go out on a limb and say Lisbon wins it all, if im
right i get to fill out all ur NCAA tourney brackets

Why do u say goin out on a limb, Lisbon was a legitimate chance of winning it all. Yet i do think any team can win it besides FW because they just lack height, and from what ive seen in the past too 3 point dominate. If they have a bad shooting night i think they lose, but its state class "B" so anything can happen

You know no one is giving FW a chance and that's fine. But let me tell this Lamoure won't win the tourney. They will either lose to FW or if they win they are going to have to do it buy runnin up and down the court for the full 32 minutes. They'll be to tired to play a full game in the semis. Now those Lamoure fans will say that they can play a fast paced game but they haven't seen a team like FW. It's gonna be full throttle run and gun and they better be ready. Get ready Lamoure, here come the INDIANS!!!

Your'e welcome TLM.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby biggest ticket » Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:34 am

biggest ticket wrote:1.TLM
2.Grafton
3.Watford City
4.Lamoure
5.Ryan
6.Lisbon
7.Four Winds
8.Mott-Regent

Iron Scope I got the first day right and the title game just didnt do well in the consolation bracket. I predicted this March 8th and got jumped that I had to be from TL because no one would be so stupid to think they could beat Ryan much less win state.
biggest ticket
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Boys