Region 9?

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 9?

Postby letsgosox » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:55 pm

the grassy butte goats really came on strong this year in region 10. they had not had a winning season in two decades, but through hard work and a few performance enhancing drugs, they were able to finish 15-10 on the year. this is pretty impressive being they only had 3 kids, a sheep named chip, and a scarecrow on the team. look for them to be tough next year.
letsgosox

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:00 am

letsgosox wrote:the grassy butte goats really came on strong this year in region 10. they had not had a winning season in two decades, but through hard work and a few performance enhancing drugs, they were able to finish 15-10 on the year. this is pretty impressive being they only had 3 kids, a sheep named chip, and a scarecrow on the team. look for them to be tough next year.

Rumor has it that The Scarecrow may open enroll to grassy butte! Wouldn't that be a scandal? The parents of the scarecrow have been terribly unhappy with the coaching staff's pressure on their child. THink they will be any happier with the coaches at Grassy? now there is another scandel.
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:06 am

anyone know which radio station is covering the Region 9 final tonight?
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:16 am

point/center wrote:anyone know which radio station is covering the Region 9 final tonight?

I heard (don't quote me) that region 9 will be streamed on the web at zbabe.com REgion 5 should take some advice from region 9 patrons and get those games on the web. Hard to believe that region 9 is so far ahead of the rest in so many areas. REgion 10 is just on KMAV in Mayville
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:18 am

9manfootballmom wrote:
point/center wrote:anyone know which radio station is covering the Region 9 final tonight?

I heard (don't quote me) that region 9 will be streamed on the web at zbabe.com REgion 5 should take some advice from region 9 patrons and get those games on the web. Hard to believe that region 9 is so far ahead of the rest in so many areas. REgion 10 is just on KMAV in Mayville

so far ahead...yet so far behind. with the peach basket for a hoop

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Deuce » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:20 am

I'm pretty sure WKRP is covering the games with Jennifer Marlow as the sideline reporter, Les Nessman doing the play by play and Johnny Fever doing the color commentary.
Deuce
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ndfbfan70 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:31 am

you guys and your region 9 and 10 bias both are weak. region 11 is where all the action is. Havana, Staubville, Glover,Dickey, Buttsville, Harlem, Cayuga, Brampton all have starting centers over 6'10 and each have a guard 6'5 or better and none of them have lost a game since 1968, look it up this IS the truth. All of the boys have mastered the 2 handed set shot, and on occasion i have even seen a few hands above the rim, with the use of HGH of course. those west regions have nothing on these towns.
ndfbfan70
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:41 am

Deuce wrote:

I'm pretty sure WKRP is covering the games with Jennifer Marlow as the sideline reporter, Les Nessman doing the play by play and Johnny Fever doing the color commentary.

Darn I wish I would have come up with that one. I loved that show.
Baby...if you ever wondered...wondered whatever became of me...
LEs is by far the best sportscaster ...ever..and when he covered golf, that one time, what a stud...Chi Chi Rodrigez...I will never pronounce it correctly again...anyone remember that one? Do you think JOhnny Fever and Ms. Marlow PLAYED GOLF TOGETHER.

EDITED BY MOD
Last edited by point/center on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EVEN IF IT'S A FUN POST THERE ARE SOME BOUNDARIES
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby COACHWEST » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:55 am

Holy Cow! What a great discussion --- but then in a broadcasting scandal....P/C pulls out the hammer on ....MOM?????? Will she turn into the Pete Rose of preps? Press conference soon!
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:59 am

COACHWEST wrote:Holy Cow! What a great discussion --- but then in a broadcasting scandal....P/C pulls out the hammer on ....MOM?????? Will she turn into the Pete Rose of preps? Press conference soon!

I am so sorry. I hope I haven't put the cabash on my all conference bid.. I didn't do it...oh yeah...I did do it ...but I am sorry...talk to my doctor ...maybe it is my medication. MOM
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:03 pm

carry on...

let's just say Zoar Widgets have NEVER in 272 years won a Sportsmenship award, so this little outburts by MOM wasnt unexpected. :wink:

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby bballuvr » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:10 pm

I do hope MOM gets the help she needs. I am pulling for her.
We all remember "shooter" coming on to the court drunk in Hoosiers and how embarrassing that was for the community and his son. Mom has had worse moments than that. It needs to stop.
I am hoping for the best. In these situations, we need to put our competitive differences aside, and really care for one another.
GET BETTER MOM!!
bballuvr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:13 pm

bballuvr wrote:I do hope MOM gets the help she needs. I am pulling for her.
We all remember "shooter" coming on to the court drunk in Hoosiers and how embarrassing that was for the community and his son. Mom has had worse moments than that. It needs to stop.
I am hoping for the best. In these situations, we need to put our competitive differences aside, and really care for one another.
GET BETTER MOM!!

Maybe an ND preps intervention? Wow I had no idea anyone cared. You are all officially my sponsers. Don't be surprised to get a private message in the middle of the night. Thanks to you all! mom
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:14 pm

i think we all know MOM, that admitting the problem is the first step towards overcoming..good luck..send lots of letters

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Hinsa » Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:20 pm

ndfbfan70 wrote:you guys and your region 9 and 10 bias both are weak. region 11 is where all the action is. Havana, Staubville, Glover,Dickey, Buttsville, Harlem, Cayuga, Brampton all have starting centers over 6'10 and each have a guard 6'5 or better and none of them have lost a game since 1968, look it up this IS the truth. All of the boys have mastered the 2 handed set shot, and on occasion i have even seen a few hands above the rim, with the use of HGH of course. those west regions have nothing on these towns.

Too bad region 11 has never won anything higher than a junior high 4-H jamboree. No desire in that region, bad attitudes, and the fans of region 11 have no brains. Of course, when that many sisters and brothers and cousins are married, what do you expect?????
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:14 pm

The Region 12 Championships are taking place tonight in the Flickertail Coloseum located on the corner of "A wheat field" and 12 ave. north Pickert, ND. The "mighty muffins" of Sherbrooke will take on the "fighting swamp monsters" of mose. This is going to be an epic battle with family's divided. Identical twins will be doing battle on opposite teams as the buttermaker twins (Darrel and Daryl) cross pathes in the paint. These 7 foot twin towers haven't spoken since the incident (something about a stolen chicken....more on this later). Neither one of these teams have been to the championship game since the "barnswallow plague of '73". The fans have been lined up outside the door since last wednesday, millions of fans fighting for the seven seats in the coloseum. Other starters for the swamp monsters include old man robbins (using up his last year of eligibility at the age of 92), the town fire truck, a wheel of cheese and a unknown spartan. The muffins will counter with a spider, flashlight and twin "short people" tom and tim short. Tip off tonight at 8:30....be there
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby 9manfootballmom » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:17 pm

The Schwab wrote:The Region 12 Championships are taking place tonight in the Flickertail Coloseum located on the corner of "A wheat field" and 12 ave. north Pickert, ND. The "mighty muffins" of Sherbrooke will take on the "fighting swamp monsters" of mose. This is going to be an epic battle with family's divided. Identical twins will be doing battle on opposite teams as the buttermaker twins (Darrel and Daryl) cross pathes in the paint. These 7 foot twin towers haven't spoken since the incident (something about a stolen chicken....more on this later). Neither one of these teams have been to the championship game since the "barnswallow plague of '73". The fans have been lined up outside the door since last wednesday, millions of fans fighting for the seven seats in the coloseum. Other starters for the swamp monsters include old man robbins (using up his last year of eligibility at the age of 92), the town fire truck, a wheel of cheese and a unknown spartan. The muffins will counter with a spider, flashlight and twin "short people" tom and tim short. Tip off tonight at 8:30....be there

It should go on as planned unless Baxter, Ron Burgundy's dog, eats that whole wheel of cheese! We;ll all be impressed!
9manfootballmom
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:56 pm

The Schwab wrote:The Region 12 Championships are taking place tonight in the Flickertail Coloseum located on the corner of "A wheat field" and 12 ave. north Pickert, ND. The "mighty muffins" of Sherbrooke will take on the "fighting swamp monsters" of mose. This is going to be an epic battle with family's divided. Identical twins will be doing battle on opposite teams as the buttermaker twins (Darrel and Daryl) cross pathes in the paint. These 7 foot twin towers haven't spoken since the incident (something about a stolen chicken....more on this later). Neither one of these teams have been to the championship game since the "barnswallow plague of '73". The fans have been lined up outside the door since last wednesday, millions of fans fighting for the seven seats in the coloseum. Other starters for the swamp monsters include old man robbins (using up his last year of eligibility at the age of 92), the town fire truck, a wheel of cheese and a unknown spartan. The muffins will counter with a spider, flashlight and twin "short people" tom and tim short. Tip off tonight at 8:30....be there

Schwabby's baaack!
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:01 pm

None of these teams stand a chance. My prediction - Grano Gondalas 87 - Zoar Widgets 54.
Now that Grano recruited 4 members of the Russian Junior National Team plus their 3 time All-State Forward - "Boom Boom" Washington. There's no way anyone will touch them. Especially with Mr. Kotter as the main man behind the bench.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:01 pm

yes i am.....did you miss me :P haha
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:05 pm

The Schwab wrote:yes i am.....did you miss me :P haha

Just wondering where you've been - Now we got IA back posting too - all we need is fruit snack and it's just like old times.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:07 pm

BB11 wrote:

Just wondering where you've been - Now we got IA back posting too - all we need is fruit snack and it's just like old times.

Well I've been around...still read some of the posts....this site has just gotten out of hand....i'm back now making a push for moderator :) haha
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:09 pm

dare i ask what you mean by 'out of hand'?

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby BB11 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:11 pm

The Schwab wrote:
BB11 wrote:

Well I've been around...still read some of the posts....this site has just gotten out of hand....i'm back now making a push for moderator :) haha

We could use another one. I agree - some of the posts have gotten, shall we say, less than intelligent - but it seems like the ones that still want to discuss relevant issues are in the majority.
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:12 pm

alot more people.....even more bragging up themselves......idk....it's change for the good for the most part
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Boys