UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

Class B Boys
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

Postby MGUNVILLE » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Earlier in the year there was a game played in Dunseith vs Minot Ryan. There was comments from some of the Ryan fans asking why were all the fans from other towns cheering against us. Last night it was clear to me why other towns cheer against Ryan. The Ryan student body stands under the the oppenants basket and jumps and yells while the oppenant is on offense. The whole basket shakes and causes disruption for the oppenant. Not only is this unsportsmanlike it also puts the oppenant at a disadvantage with the basket moving.
MGUNVILLE

Re: UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:51 pm

They also have the most unoriginal and annoying chant of all-time.

Minot.....Ryan......Boys......Basketball Team!

Wow, that's a good one.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby power-aid14 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:20 pm

really guys, you don't need to post anything for people to be on your side thursday. everyone already hates bishop ryan.
flippin idiot
power-aid14
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bball_4life » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:40 pm

i dont understasnd why this is such a big problem. its not that big of a deal.....?
bball_4life

Postby bball_4life » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:41 pm

oh and its bishop ryan lions boys basketball team.how is that unoriginal?
bball_4life

Postby ndsportsfan00 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 3:56 pm

Gunville strikes again. First your excuse for your predicted loss to Ryan in the Regional championship was the bus riding factor, now it's the Ryan students. The tournament officials assign the student sections and both teams fans stand under their designated basket. It is only the opponents basket for half of the game. Also it is a technical foul if the fans move the basket. Pretty sure the refs deserve more credit than you are giving them. They would absolutely give Ryan a technical if their fans actually did this.

Now let me address your team and fans unsportsmanlike conduct just to be fair to both sides. Minot Ryan and Dunseith were assigned the same side of the dome last night for fan seating. My family and I sat amongst the Dunseith fans for the MLS/Dunseith game. The game went into double overtime. In overtime when either team went to the line for free throws BOTH teams fans would yell while the kid would shoot. This always happens in close games, and I was not surprised I guess. I became surprised when an adult woman that was dressed in Dunseith clothes yelled "MISS" whenever an MLS kid stepped to the line. Really? An adult? This is classless. Highschool kids do this all the time and it still is classless, but for and adult to do this reflects very poorly on whichever team they are cheering for. And the icing on the unsportsmanlike conduct cake would be EDIT lining up for MLS to shoot free throws and waving his hands in the air above his head as they shot. I was completely shocked that his coach would allow that. Classless at best.

Good luck tomorrow Gunville, hope the bus ride and ryan students don't lose the game for you.
ndsportsfan00

Postby MGUNVILLE » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:36 pm

First of all I never said Dunseith would lose the game to Ryan in the Regionals. 2nd of all you apparently didnt watch the game between Berthold and Ryan. The basket moved every time Berthold was on offense in the first half. By the way it was pointed out to me by a fan from another town. Just trying to keep the games fair no matter who plays. Good luck Ryan be good sports.
MGUNVILLE

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:40 pm

bball_4life wrote:oh and its bishop ryan lions boys basketball team.how is that unoriginal?

How is it original? They are saying the name of their school and what team is playing with a delay between the words. It's not even a cheer.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:46 pm

SInce this is just a topic to bash other teams and fans, it's not allowed.

The purpose of this message board is for promoting and discussing those things that make North Dakota High School sports so great. Not starting random topics to complain about refs, fans, players, coaches, or something else. If you would like to do that you can start a free blog at eblogger.com and link to it in you signature. Thanks.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Boys